Californians - please tell these ridiculous bastards that they're being ridiculous bastards

It's a hot topic now because of some bible belters regarding school books for little kids. California isn't like that though, I'm surprised to see that and wonder if it wasn't a snarky graphic designer more than museum policy and they're spinning it like there was concern.

Greetings UncleSkinny,

As perturbing as that story is, I'm just curious what your position is on genital mutilation, death for apostasy, being stoned to death for adultery (women only), being put in prison/put to death for the 'crime' of being raped (again, women only), and the limited opportunities to receive an education (for women of course) in certain Islamic countries?

Perhaps it's 'racist' to call these particular practices into question, you know like the infamous Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens (who should have joined the BNP or something, the bigoted fools! They're all the bloomin' same aren't they!?), and don't even get me started on California; which is practically a fascist state!

I find your Eurocentric, 1970s white-boy-punk view of the world to be highly amusing, if I might say so without getting banned! I can't help but wonder why the linked article is worthy of your ire, while the butchery and barbarism (towards women) in select non-Western countries is completely ignored? I have looked at your Twitter and cannot see any mention of it! There's plenty on Farage, and supposedly the fear of how his party would treat ethnic minorities if he ever held any power; but nothing about how other people of these same ethnicities are treated right now in countries where they're the majority!

Which leads me to the question: "does this hatred, violence, abuse, torture, murder of women only matter if it's perpetrated by English/European people?" There are many people who are suffering at this very moment because of religion, and I don't mean the children in San Mateo, California. Suffering which wasn't caused by anybody living in Western countries (unless you're of the opinion that it can all be traced back to European colonialism).

Hopefully I haven't violated TOS (I have not as far as I'm aware), I would just like to know if you have anything to say on this matter!
With respect (for Hitch),
Mozambiguous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNd1zTcvlC0 (one of many)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Ks4pCO5O8 (3:40-4:32 & 6:36-end)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIWeRdB5Nc

Last edited:
Absolutely shameful. How do they get away with this? Is this what flies in California now?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...lution-warning-following-atheists-complaints/

P.

San Mateo, CA is 24 minutes south of one of the most liberal cities in the world--San Francisco. Not surprised that the museum posted the warning. They are functioning in an atmosphere of far liberal left, moral relativists who pander to ANYONE's and EVERYONE's beliefs. Doesn't matter if it was a science museum. Truth is relative. :rolleyes: Thus evolution is just 'your belief' and it may not be mine. Let's not offend anyone, okay? Plus you got the fact that California is a nanny state. Nanny state + nanny city = lots of mollycoddling.

Last edited:
As perturbing as that story is, I'm just curious what your position is on genital mutilation, death for apostasy, being stoned to death for adultery (women only), being put in prison/put to death for the 'crime' of being raped (again, women only), and the limited opportunities to receive an education (for women of course) in certain Islamic countries?

Human rights violations. Gender apartheid.

Perhaps it's 'racist' to call these particular practices into question, you know like the infamous Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens (who should have joined the BNP or something, the bigoted fools! They're all the bloomin' same aren't they!?), and don't even get me started on California; which is practically a fascist state!

Agree.

THE WORLD IGNORES...
the butchery and barbarism (towards women) in select non-Western countries...

With respect (for Hitch)

:thumb:

:bow:

Last edited:
I live five minutes from that museum. I have been there with my family on several occasions. I have attended that exhibit specifically where you interact with the animals. It is an awesome place to go. I don't remember specifically seeing that sign. In fact I think that sign might be pretty good. Living in a very liberal area does not mean that there is only one type of person in the area. I mean it is not Sodom and Gomorrah here. As such all people are given respect. Even people who through their religious beliefs do not believe in evolution. This sign out of respect merely serves to educate the parents who may be with their child as to whether they would want to go see this presentation. Maybe the museum got a complaint saying hey I watched this with my child and I didn't believe that this would be part of the discussion in interacting with the animals. I mean is in being liberal accepting everybody for whatever they believe even if you think it's stupid. And with that respect wouldn't you want at least warn them. I mean the liberal mandate is not to purposely piss off and alienate everybody who doesn't think like you. And the ones who do Surely are not waving the flag for liberals, true liberals.

Greetings UncleSkinny,

I find your Eurocentric, 1970s white-boy-punk view of the world to be highly amusing, if I might say so without getting banned! I can't help but wonder why the linked article is worthy of your ire, while the butchery and barbarism (towards women) in select non-Western countries is completely ignored? I have looked at your Twitter and cannot see any mention of it! There's plenty on Farage, and supposedly the fear of how his party would treat ethnic minorities if he ever held any power; but nothing about how other people of these same ethnicities are treated right now in countries where they're the majority!

Which leads me to the question: "does this hatred, violence, abuse, torture, murder of women only matter if it's perpetrated by English/European people?" There are many people who are suffering at this very moment because of religion, and I don't mean the children in San Mateo, California. Suffering which wasn't caused by anybody living in Western countries (unless you're of the opinion that it can all be traced back to European colonialism).

Hopefully I haven't violated TOS (I have not as far as I'm aware), I would just like to know if you have anything to say on this matter!
With respect (for Hitch),
Mozambiguous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNd1zTcvlC0 (one of many)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Ks4pCO5O8 (3:40-4:32 & 6:36-end)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIWeRdB5Nc

tg;dr

Agree.

THE WORLD IGNORES...

California being a fascist state was sarcasm. I was drawing attention to how the incident in the article pales in comparison with the far more serious human rights issues caused by another religion, which UncleSkinny, and many like him, choose to 'IGNORE' (deeming the mere mention of it to be 'racist', or 'Islamophobic' - the newly created word which Hitchens warned about in the first video - so new that there's a red line under it when I type it on Solo).

Christianity has been responsible for many of the world's ills as well of course, most recently the paedophile cover-up in the Catholic Church, and the AIDS epidemic in Africa (so widespread due to Christian missionaries message that contraception is, like abortion, akin to murder). However, Christianity is a relatively benign influence in the 21st Century, it's never going to regain the power that it once had, it can be taught as literature to give historically Christian countries a better understanding of their past (as Dawkins spoke about in the second video).

Unlike you RealityBites, I don't believe that religion should be completely wiped out and all churches should be demolished apart from the aesthetically pleasing ones (as I once, in disbelief, saw you say on here). It shouldn't be taught that it's literally true (in my opinion), but should be taught nevertheless, in an English class rather than a religion class. So much of literature has been directly influenced by the Bible, from Chaucer in the 1300s (and long before that), to Paul Auster in the 1980s (New York Trilogy).

You say that you could never respect someone who has what you call a 'faith based epistemology', so I suppose that rules out Graham Greene, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Evelyn Waugh, Anthony Burgess, to name just four God-fearing authors. To completely disregard religion is to do yourself a great disservice, but that doesn't mean we should abide the poisonous elements. It just so happens that religion's most poisonous elements are currently evident in Islamic countries, and it would be good therefore if people acknowledged that and fought against it instead of bestowing upon it a fearful deference (and shutting down those who dare to speak up).

If there came a day when religious texts could be taught as fiction with the historical context noted (how it duped everybody for so long, and the damage it caused), then I think that would be a much more desirable outcome than demolishing churches and rewriting history, don't you? That day will never arrive as long as *certain* people continue to get 'offended' when Islam is 'insulted'. They're on the wrong side of history, absolutely, they're those who continue to be 'duped'.

As for Hitchens, yes he was an admirable man, not so admirable that I would photoshop pictures of myself hugging him and upload it to the internet, I don't admire him THAT much *grins*.

@TBT: Nobody cares you bitter, insecure little man with your inferior intellect, go to the Pigsty and get your kicks by ganging up on somebody with !Viva Hate!. sky.PNG - who does this include? Paul Robeson? Fela Kuti? James Baldwin? Maya Angelou? Jack Johnson? Josephine Baker? Dorothy Dandridge? Toni Morrison? Billie Holliday? Disgusting! I refuse to humour you any more, go and bother somebody else.

Last edited:
I see both sides. I think the outrage would be justified if the religious viewpoint was given equal time. I mean if you went to a natural history museum and saw a sign saying that possibly God put fake dinosaur bones here to test your faith I understand how that's wrong. As crazy as it sounds that is actually something that some people believe. I also read that Kansas or someplace is giving "equal time" to "creation science." Now that is just ridiculous.

But that isn't what is allegedly happening here. This is simply acknowledging that some people may be offended by the exhibit for religious reasons, and I'm sure if the sign actually exists the reason why is because someone objected.

My personal viewpoint is that religion has had a negative impact on the world and I don't mind when people ridicule it. I would erase it if I had the ability. But I'm not quite to the point where I would say that the state should impose a viewpoint. I do believe that free speech and open debate along with education could solve most of our social problems.

Just to clarify, no sign should say the evolution is a theory. Nothing that legitimizes religion belongs in a science museum. But a sign that says "we believe evolution is a proven fact and you may not want to watch this factual video" is tolerable.

California being a fascist state was sarcasm. I was drawing attention to how the incident in the article pales in comparison with the far more serious human rights issues caused by another religion, which UncleSkinny, and many like him, choose to 'IGNORE' (deeming the mere mention of it to be 'racist', or 'Islamophobic' - the newly created word which Hitchens warned about in the first video - so new that there's a red line under it when I type it on Solo).

Christianity has been responsible for many of the world's ills as well of course, most recently the paedophile cover-up in the Catholic Church, and the AIDS epidemic in Africa (so widespread due to Christian missionaries message that contraception is, like abortion, akin to murder). However, Christianity is a relatively benign influence in the 21st Century, it's never going to regain the power that it once had, it can be taught as literature to give historically Christian countries a better understanding of their past (as Dawkins spoke about in the second video).

Unlike you RealityBites, I don't believe that religion should be completely wiped out and all churches should be demolished apart from the aesthetically pleasing ones (as I once, in disbelief, saw you say on here). It shouldn't be taught that it's literally true (in my opinion), but should be taught nevertheless, in an English class rather than a religion class. So much of literature has been directly influenced by the Bible, from Chaucer in the 1300s (and long before that), to Paul Auster in the 1980s (New York Trilogy).

You say that you could never respect someone who has what you call a 'faith based epistemology', so I suppose that rules out Graham Greene, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Evelyn Waugh, Anthony Burgess, to name just four God-fearing authors. To completely disregard religion is to do yourself a great disservice, but that doesn't mean we should abide the poisonous elements. It just so happens that religion's most poisonous elements are currently evident in Islamic countries, and it would be good therefore if people acknowledged that and fought against it instead of bestowing upon it a fearful deference (and shutting down those who dare to speak up).

If there came a day when religious texts could be taught as fiction with the historical context noted (how it duped everybody for so long, and the damage it caused), then I think that would be a much more desirable outcome than demolishing churches and rewriting history, don't you? That day will never come as long as *certain* people continue to get 'offended' when Islam is 'insulted'. They're on the wrong side of history, absolutely, they're those who continue to be 'duped'.

As for Hitchens, yes he was an admirable man, not so admirable that I would photoshop pictures of myself hugging him and upload it to the internet, I don't admire him THAT much *grins*.

@TBT: Nobody cares you bitter, insecure little man with your inferior intellect, go to the Pigsty and get your kicks by ganging up on somebody with !Viva Hate!. View attachment 31459 - who does this include? Paul Robeson? Fela Kuti? James Baldwin? Maya Angelou? Jack Johnson? Josephine Baker? Dorothy Dandridge? Toni Morrison? Billie Holliday? Disgusting! I refuse to humour you any more, go and bother somebody else.

tg;dr

Unlike you RealityBites, I don't believe that religion should be completely wiped out and all churches should be demolished apart from the aesthetically pleasing ones (as I once, in disbelief, saw you say on here).

If you allow the ugly ones to remain, then make them pay property taxes.

It shouldn't be taught that it's literally true (in my opinion), but should be taught nevertheless, in an English class rather than a religion class. So much of literature has been directly influenced by the Bible, from Chaucer in the 1300s (and long before that), to Paul Auster in the 1980s (New York Trilogy).

Hitchens also believed this.

I could (and do) admire their art, their craft. However, I would not respect their reasoning abilities. Wouldn't want them as lawmakers, judges, educators of children.

If there came a day when religious texts could be taught as fiction with the historical context noted (how it duped everybody for so long, and the damage it caused), then I think that would be a much more desirable outcome than demolishing churches and rewriting history, don't you? That day will never come as long as *certain* people continue to get 'offended' when Islam is 'insulted'. They're on the wrong side of history, absolutely, they're those who continue to be 'duped'.

Agree.

I'm gonna blame that one on PMS. Haha.

I see both sides. I think the outrage would be justified if the religious viewpoint was given equal time. I mean if you went to a natural history museum and saw a sign saying that possibly God put fake dinosaur bones here to test your faith I understand how that's wrong. As crazy as it sounds that is actually something that some people believe. I also read that Kansas or someplace is giving "equal time" to "creation science." Now that is just ridiculous.

But that isn't what is allegedly happening here. This is simply acknowledging that some people may be offended by the exhibit for religious reasons, and I'm sure if the sign actually exists the reason why is because someone objected.

My personal viewpoint is that religion has had a negative impact on the world and I don't mind when people ridicule it. I would erase it if I had the ability. But I'm not quite to the point where I would say that the state should impose a viewpoint. I do believe that free speech and open debate along with education could solve most of our social problems.

Just to clarify, no sign should say the evolution is a theory. Nothing that legitimizes religion belongs in a science museum. But a sign that says "we believe evolution is a proven fact and you may not want to watch this factual video" is tolerable.

Because... we know that...

youcanthandlethetruth.jpg

Because... we know that...

youcanthandlethetruth.jpg

I am so f***ing sick of you. I would rather BLOW Mozambiguous than read another one of your demented, unfounded, absurd, self-righteous proclamations of "fact."

You claim and are ALWAYS claiming to have assembled the puzzle, when in reality the puzzle box is up high on the shelf in the closet, out of your child's-hands reach, but you have found one or two of the jigsaw pieces on the floor which have fallen from the box and you wave them about in an ignorant victory dance as though they equate to the missing whole.

You are a fool. A fool. You fight blindly in the dark at an enemy belief set that is just as flawed and faith-based and absurd as your own. I shit on your presence here. You hide behind rhetoric and textbook definitions and smug overconfident loudmouths who masquerade as intellectuals.

I am about to do with you something I have never, ever done with ANYone here: I am going to put you on Ignore. I cannot abide the moronic bile you spew across this board one more day. I rue the day I ever engaged you in discourse. I have no idea what I was thinking. Ever hear that expression "blame the beer?"

Well baby, I blame the f***ing beer.

I am so f***ing sick of you. I would rather BLOW Mozambiguous than read another one of your demented, unfounded, absurd, self-righteous proclamations of "fact."

You claim and are ALWAYS claiming to have assembled the puzzle, when in reality the puzzle box is up high on the shelf in the closet, out of your child's-hands reach, but you have found one or two of the jigsaw pieces on the floor which have fallen from the box and you wave them about in an ignorant victory dance as though they equate to the missing whole.

You are a fool. A fool. You fight blindly in the dark at an enemy belief set that is just as flawed and faith-based and absurd as your own. I shit on your presence here. You hide behind rhetoric and textbook definitions and smug overconfident loudmouths who masquerade as intellectuals.

I am about to do with you something I have never, ever done with ANYone here: I am going to put you on Ignore. I cannot abide the moronic bile you spew across this board one more day. I rue the day I ever engaged you in discourse. I have no idea what I was thinking. Ever hear that expression "blame the beer?"

At first I was like

steve-buscemi-as-carl-showalter-freaked-out-reaction-gif-from-fargo.gif

Then I was like

1247.gif

At first I was like;

tumblr_m6gqhn8sij1rqkli9.gif

but now I'm like;

156709.gif

*blows you a kiss* -wink-

I'll remind you of this once you take RB off ignore! You'll... ahem... owe me. :thumb:

-as told to Rebecca McCormick, secretary. Or perhaps fabricated by Rebecca McCormick, as seeing two guys going at it is one of her fantasies. *giggles*

Last edited:

shade.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

thYZY0XMYN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom