Caesarea, Israel - The Ancient Roman Amphitheater (Aug. 24, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're The One For Me, Fatty / Bigmouth Strikes Again / First Of The Gang To Die / Alma Matters / Ganglord / Suedehead / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / One Of Our Own / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Oboe Concerto / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / All The Lazy Dykes / All You Need Is Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / What She Said // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos, correction by an anonymous person.

• Photo from l.cmb / Instagram:

39040_caesarea.jpg

Last edited:
39040_caesarea.jpg

Look at this. This is what Morrissey is all about - a handful of words, passionately sung and passionately reciprocated. And it is as alive as a force now as it ever was, for hundreds of thousands of people.

This is what the warped nonentities who insistently, dismally troll this site will never accept. They are also powerless to alter it.

A great photo, soaring well above the morass that is So-Low.

Wow ! I am so surprised that he signed "stuff" after the song 'Kiss me A lot' . Yes, I have seen him come to the front and take things that people want to give him but to personalize books, C Ds and then give them back ? The fans however did have Moz items at the ready (may-be bought at the "fan table" before the concert) . Is this something Morrissey does regularly or was he just in a GREAT mood ?

Last edited:
39040_caesarea.jpg

Look at this. This is what Morrissey is all about - a handful of words, passionately sung and passionately reciprocated. And it is as alive as a force now as it ever was, for hundreds of thousands of people.

This is what the warped nonentities who insistently, dismally troll this site will never accept. They are also powerless to alter it.

Tremendous. Just tremendous.

Bigmouth form 1st row
sorry i;m out of tune :)

No, you were fine, but he started doing the old Morrissey dance st 2:34!!:highfive: and old classic and the dance. If he puts gladiolas in his back pocket the crowd is going to go crazy.

39040_caesarea.jpg

Very well said. He is so much more than the sum of his parts. His imperfections are there for all to see, but so are mine and so are everyone's. This picture I agree captures his essence as a performer.

His greatest gift is his ability to be a mirror. Reflecting our thoughts and feelings back on us, but in his own words making us feel somehow we were thinking them all the while. Words that we would use if we could express how we feel. He did and does this for us and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Do you think there could be a connection with the bandages he's wearing on his breast?

Well the words are: and now I know how Joan of Arc felt
as the flames rose to her Roman nose
and her breath-plate started to melt

So he could feel a burning feeling at his own breast
And he compares it to the feeling of Joan of Arc burning at the stake.

But this a long shot and speculation.
I don't mind if it was only a gesture in his way of presentation.
Artistic freedom.
You could say and denounce this as playing with the emotions of his audience.
Fans or not. But the fans are playing with his emotions too.
He loves interaction.
I know he dislikes the words perform and acting but he is a damn good performer and actor.
It's for a greater good.
He is creating something one the stage.
Gerrit

39040_caesarea.jpg

Great photo!
Great comment. I almost envied you for making this comment. I wish I had.
By morass that So-Low is I take it you mean the haters.
Uncleskinny said it was a tremendous photo and DavidT has used it for the tour picture.
How can you hate somebody but still use flattering words and photos?
They consider EVERY THING relevant regarding moz, I think, and they are very informative.
Gerrit

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom