Bye bye Transatlantic flights

anon x

volc_1C_585x350_708001a.jpg

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/article7098058.ece

Seemingly when one of Iceland's active volcanoes really erupts big time,that will be the end of transatlantic flights for years.

It's really quiet here. Normally flights going around all day and night, disrupting the peace (and my TV signal).

This is the day to go out with camera and get sky and scenery shots without vapour trails scratching the sky.

Unfortunate for those wanting to travel.
But a lot of air journeys are not essential. Video conferencing, transfer of information by internet, emails, could be utilised more by business.

It's really quiet here. Normally flights going around all day and night, disrupting the peace (and my TV signal).

This is the day to go out with camera and get sky and scenery shots without vapour trails scratching the sky.

Unfortunate for those wanting to travel.
But a lot of air journeys are not essential. Video conferencing, transfer of information by internet, emails, could be utilised more by business.

And no word and thought being left behind...:(

Seemingly when one of Iceland's active volcanoes really erupts big time,that will be the end of transatlantic flights for years.

:) I for one don't think I will miss watching 4 crappy movies in a row and being completely dehydrated for hours.

Please note I didn't mention global warming.:thumb:

lets make sure morrissey is on this side of pond before it actually happens please.

:) I for one don't think I will miss watching 4 crappy movies in a row and being completely dehydrated for hours.

Please note I didn't mention global warming.:thumb:

They have dvd's for the animals in the lockup Barking? I'll need to write to PETA to tell them they need not campaign on the inhumanity of air travel for dogs anymore.:rolleyes:

Huge Dust cloud traced back to Manchester

The huge cloud blocking British air space has now been traced back to Manchester.

The cleaner opened the door to Manchester City's trophy cabinet...

This volcanic dust business is buggering up my weekend travel plans. I'm squeezing in a trip to Sheffield before travelling back to Manchester to pick up my case and jet off to Gatwick on Sunday evening. Or at least that was the plan? Now I have to travel back early Sunday morning (by train) and probably spend most of the day on more trains down to the south coast. BA say that if I make my own way down (which I have to if they are not flying) they will cancel my return trip. Talk about making a shit situation shitter?

I can take the disruption over the volcanic ash on the chin. But to be then slung off the return flight takes the biscuit.

Rant over

psychic Moz

Last edited by a moderator:
They have dvd's for the animals in the lockup Barking? I'll need to write to PETA to tell them they need not campaign on the inhumanity of air travel for dogs anymore.:rolleyes:

:lbf::thumb:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...That was just on my business trip to Australia last week.

If the pathetic PETA want to help, ask them to campaign for more bitches in DVDs! YO! also: can I get an all access pass like Beethoven (to visit the cockpit ).

""British tourists resort to ingenious methods of getting home"

Some of these are pretty funny http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...ort-to-ingenious-methods-of-getting-home.html

"

Tom Noble, a marketing director from north London, said he had to buy a woman’s bicycle in order to catch the Norfolkline ferry from Dunkirk in time for his wife’s birthday, after the operator said he must ride aboard to qualify as a cyclist.

The 52-year-old said six other passengers had the same idea, with one British Airways gold card member wobbling aboard on a children’s bicycle while his colleague peddled up the ramp on a pink contraption with a large basket on front."

Wish there were photos !

I expect a Dunkirk style operation to bring the boys back home.
Man the decks !
Let's make Britain GREAT again.

psychic Moz

:straightface:

He is, isn't he. Must have a little helper or summat. :lbf:

:highfive: Munchy.

On the radio this morning they were interviewing people living near airports..."hey we can hear the birdies chirping away! Oh look! The sky is blue! Without any white stripes (not the band) etc."

Modern life is absolute rubbish, I wish people would notice, when this kind of thing happens...:rolleyes:

The birds must be really confused, with all this silence. And bunnies must be having parties on tarmac everywhere.:love:

Back
Top Bottom