"By The Time I get To Wherever I'm Going" - Lost Morrissey studio track posted by SER

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by tivvissey, Apr 17, 2018.

By tivvissey on Apr 17, 2018 at 6:06 PM
  1. tivvissey

tivvissey Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Redundant Redundant x 1
    1. rickspel
      rickspel
      Reminds me a bit of his rockabilly era so wondering if this might be a Boz song
    2. NealCassidy
      NealCassidy
      No mention of Israel?
      • Funny Funny x 2
    3. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Yeah. But in a 'Who is this knob?' way, not a 'Wow, I must buy his album' way.
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Bluebirds
      Bluebirds

This seems far more apt today
    5. mcrickson
      mcrickson
      It's okay, he still mentioned sex. One for two in Morrisseys mad-libs.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. ExpectingToFly
      ExpectingToFly
      1. That is some ridiculous spin. "Hey, you know what will make your album sell? Become a massive racist!" said absolutely no self-respecting PR guy ever.

2. It is not 'Loony Left' to oppose racism. It should be the default position for any decent human being.

3. Seriously, GTF with this 'most people are thinking...' 2005 Conservative manifesto pish. Morrissey is guilty of this too. If you're going to be racist, at least own it so everyone can call you out on it. Instead of trying to justify your petty prejudices by pretending that most of society agrees with you.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Cornflakes
      Cornflakes
      Always hold something back for the encore.

ETA: I was thinking of the interview, so wrong thread really.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. Cornflakes
      Cornflakes
      If you want a loophole, he never did come out properly. Maybe not such a bad thing after all.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I notice he begins the song by repeating the title twice. I notice he begins the song by repeating the title twice. I have heard this one "technique" before.
      • Funny Funny x 2
    10. Johnnie Ray
      Johnnie Ray
      If the man has never said he is gay, we have to assume he is not gay. He probably would know better than anyone else...
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Guessing this was maybe a boz demo from low in high school but something about the solo makes think of Jesse. Either way it still has a rough feel to it. I can see why it wasn’t on lihs though as the lyrical vibe doesn’t really gel with the rest of that album
    12. 12" on the slack
      12" on the slack
      You are quite right. He is not gay. He is just a humasexual who, at the age of 58, still lives in a closet.
      • Like Like x 4
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      LOL this must be Sam or the more intelligent but still pig shit thick brother. Both ugly as sin

We all know it's a stunt. There is nothing clever about it.
      Especially as hardly anymore sales will be made.
      This kind of press just validates the bs the press spread years ago. He just comes over like a needy, desperate fag who only cares about publicity. He would generate more sales if people didn't think he was a wanker. His career is now a huge joke, he sells gigs but look at his fan base these days just look how dumbass the people who defend him sound.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    14. Alf Tupper
      Alf Tupper
      Exactly....Sam quick throw that song out whilst they are hating on me and for realising I am a closet racist
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. Cornflakes
      Cornflakes
      Yes, this is quite right of course. I'm just feeling a bit bitchy about Morrissey right now for some reason.
    16. ACTON
      ACTON
      Hey. Lots of nice teddy bears live in closets. Nice and cosy and THE last place Michael Myers would look. Unless you look like Jamie Lee Curtis.
      • Funny Funny x 2
    17. ACTON
      ACTON
      I like the music in the new song but reckon Moz could have sang better and come up with better vocal melody and lyrics.
      • Like Like x 3
    18. ACTON
      ACTON
      • Like Like x 1
    19. 669
      Someone should tell all those comics who parody Melania Trump's accent that it's not allowed. Then they should cancel Saturday Night Live, which has been parodying the way politicians speak for decades (well, except for Obama). Tina Fey made a fortune mocking the way a female politician from Alaska talked.

I've already seen a lot of people WITHOUT blue check marks on Twitter finding new interest in Morrissey today. They're not offended by someone suggesting laws against female genital mutilation should actually be enforced in England regardless of whether that offends people with backwards ideologies, and an imported rape culture victimizing thousands of girls should not be covered up. To the contrary, they think it's insane more people aren't saying these things. Instead, even acclaimed science writer Richard Dawkins has had the totalitarians try and stomp all over his free speech over these issues.

People take notice of someone not afraid to speak his mind in a society where the real fascists want to make everyone afraid to. I'd bet his album sales ticked up today.

"For what is a man, what has he got
      If not himself, then he has naught
      To say the things he truly feels
      And not the words of one who kneels
      The record shows I took the blows
      And did it my way"
      Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    20. marred
      marred
      Love it on first listen. When is this from?