Buzzfeed:“I’m Writing This To Say…” 10 Artists Who Drove Morrissey To Compose Letters

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
"Recent rumblings about Morrissey reportedly compiling a Ramones best-of collection have inspired many members of the press to make sure that everyone knows how ironic this supposed assignment is, since his negative opinion of the band was so strong in 1976 that he wrote a letter to Melody Maker on the matter, calling them…well, we’ll get to that. In the interest of equal opportunity, we just wanted to make sure people realize that Morrissey was inspired to break out his writing utensil of choice on a regular basis in his pre-Smiths days, offering others his opinions of many artists, some of which - believe it or not - were actually favorable."

A small list of artists with quotes and music clips who have inspired some Moz missives then follows.
Regards,
FWD

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnnyr6/aiam-writing-this-to-sayaa-10-artists-who-arl4?

That was fun reading. I understand what he's saying about Aerosmith, but they were a wonderful live act (not sure about now). I saw them 20 years ago and twice Steven Tyler did a backflip on stage. I would like to see Moz pen an Iggy Azalea album review. He'd crush her album like a pop can.

Last edited by a moderator:
"with vocalist Steven Tyler sounding as though he is using the microphone to brush his teeth."

People @ work are still asking me what the hell I was laughing about.

"Recent rumblings about Morrissey reportedly compiling a Ramones best-of collection have inspired many members of the press to make sure that everyone knows how ironic this supposed assignment is, since his negative opinion of the band was so strong in 1976 that he wrote a letter to Melody Maker on the matter, calling them…well, we’ll get to that. In the interest of equal opportunity, we just wanted to make sure people realize that Morrissey was inspired to break out his writing utensil of choice on a regular basis in his pre-Smiths days, offering others his opinions of many artists, some of which - believe it or not - were actually favorable."

A small list of artists with quotes and music clips who have inspired some Moz missives then follows.
Regards,
FWD

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnnyr6/aiam-writing-this-to-sayaa-10-artists-who-arl4?

It's funny how moz likes a song called "Your pretty face is going to hell" by Iggy Pop one day and the next day he heard "Long live love" by Sandie Shaw

Back
Top Bottom