Burlington, VT - Flynn Center for the Performing Arts (Oct. 16, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Black Cloud / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / Still Ill / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Meat Is Murder / Action Is My Middle Name / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Spring-Heeled Jim / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / The Youngest Was The Most Loved // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by bored

Last edited:
If I had a nickel for every time someone went to Vermont to talk about Canada or New Zealand I'd have the same zero nickels that I currently have.

Re: Article: Burlington, VT - Flynn Center for the Performing Arts (Oct. 16, 2012) po

If I had a nickel for every time someone went to Vermont to talk about Canada or New Zealand I'd have the same zero nickels that I currently have.

Lol. :D

Re: Article: Burlington, VT - Flynn Center for the Performing Arts (Oct. 16, 2012) po

Was Morrissey concerned that there were too many Canadians there?

"For all the Canadians out there!! Never!!!!!" Then sang the youngest was the most clubbed

What time did Morrissey go onstage?

Okay, so did anyone actually go to the show?

xxxxx

Last edited:
Great show. My brother and I got a bit of a freak opportunity to be in the front row. I said hi to someone I saw in Boston (the only other show I went to see on the tour) and asked him where he was sitting. He told me he was up front, and I said I was jealous because my brother and I were in row R. He told me assuringly, "you'll get up there", which I didn't quite understand. During Kristeen's set, I sat up by some of my friends who had much better seats than us. After her set, I got up to go to the bathroom, and someone poked me repeatedly in the arm, urging, "go, go, go, go, go!". When I got in the aisle, I noticed people congregating at the front. I motioned for my friends to join my brother and I as we ran up, but they didn't make it. I haven't been to enough shows to know that anything like this would happen; the front row in Boston was within an impenetrable pit, so it was inconceivable that I would get close there. I thought we would be similarly stuck in the back here. The reassurance of the fan from the Boston show was, I'm quite sure, a magical impetus that propelled us to the front.

We were right behind Julia (and her humongous bodyguard, whom I couldn't see past for a lot of the show). During Still Ill, we both made a stage invasion. I got choked and tossed around by one of his security guards, who yelled something at me as I was running towards Morrissey (did he expect me to hear him?). It was successful... Moz even reached out for me on stage! I was very happy with it, though I sort of blanked it out in my mind as it happened. My brother said the same thing about his stage invasion. Lated on, during How Soon is Now, he reached out for Morrissey's hand and squeezed it (very tightly), eliciting a pained/joking "ow!". Julia's bodyguard sharply elbowed my brother because his hand was right over Julia's head. We were reaching out to Morrissey for the whole show, and he kept coming near us and walking away, sometimes shaking Julia's and the bodyguard's hands.... what a dick.

Somebody who was at his seat in the front row got Moz's shirt (intact) that he threw out during Let Me Kiss You. Lucky bastard... I've only got a square of cut-up shirt from the Boston show.

Not much dialogue at all! He did accept gifts at the end of the show. That's all I can think of for now.

I don't know why Morrissey has to be so aggressive and abrasive about Canada. Canadians do not support the seal hunt - it's an industry that is virtually finished. As a Canadian, I am horrified by the way animals are treated in Canada and around the world. I am a fan of his, and have great respect for his integrity, but don't understand why he has to make his Canadian fans feel like we somehow go around killing and destroying the beauty of the world. We are a country that, although not overly interesting, is peaceful and respectful.

This. I suspect peta pressures him to take certain stands, and they don't historically think everything all the way through. I could be wrong. Someone brought up Mexico. Does he know they handle their massive stray population by euthanizing dogs with a car battery and a pair of jumper cables? It's as barbaric as the seals. I'm sure there is a lot of politics not entirely Morrisey-centered involved with his resolve to ignore Canada.

I don't know why Morrissey has to be so aggressive and abrasive about Canada. Canadians do not support the seal hunt - it's an industry that is virtually finished. As a Canadian, I am horrified by the way animals are treated in Canada and around the world. I am a fan of his, and have great respect for his integrity, but don't understand why he has to make his Canadian fans feel like we somehow go around killing and destroying the beauty of the world. We are a country that, although not overly interesting, is peaceful and respectful.

Easy one:

Morrissey doesn't care about the truth.

Can`t really believe that some people complain about the setlists nowadays and even say, `worst ever` on occasions.

People should remember that back in 1997 Morrissey might only play 14 songs in a 45 minute set. Shoplifters being the only classic hit. In those days fans would have killed to hear the current bunch of songs.

I thought Morrissey and the band sounded phenomenal last night, but the song choices were poor. This was my 16th time seeing him since 1996, and this by far was the most disappointing setlist in all of that time.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nobody cares how many times you have seen Morrissey - of what relevance is that? I'm not sure what was particularly disappointing for you but we all know that Morrissey sings what Morrissey wants to sing. Great songs, great band - what's not to like?

Can`t really believe that some people complain about the setlists nowadays and even say, `worst ever` on occasions.

People should remember that back in 1997 Morrissey might only play 14 songs in a 45 minute set. Shoplifters being the only classic hit. In those days fans would have killed to hear the current bunch of songs.

Very well said. The point is though, people generally come to So_Low to complain about anything and everything without actually thinking before they post - that's why the site has no credibility.

Very well said. The point is though, people generally come to So_Low to complain about anything and everything without actually thinking before they post - that's why the site has no credibility.

You must have missed all the posts saying how much people were enjoying the shows. Perhaps it suits your stance to ignore them.

P.

So sorry to bore you. I guess what I should have said, as to not upset you was...with no new album in sight, it would have been nice to see a set that touched upon the full back catalog. And I wasn't bragging about the number of times I have seen him, I was simply putting it out there for reference that it was by far the most unimpressive setlist I have seen. As I started the comment, they sounded amazing...I didn't dislike the actual performance, probably the best I've ever heard him.

Get over it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nobody cares how many times you have seen Morrissey - of what relevance is that? I'm not sure what was particularly disappointing for you but we all know that Morrissey sings what Morrissey wants to sing. Great songs, great band - what's not to like?

Great show. My brother and I got a bit of a freak opportunity to be in the front row. I said hi to someone I saw in Boston (the only other show I went to see on the tour) and asked him where he was sitting. He told me he was up front, and I said I was jealous because my brother and I were in row R. He told me assuringly, "you'll get up there", which I didn't quite understand. During Kristeen's set, I sat up by some of my friends who had much better seats than us. After her set, I got up to go to the bathroom, and someone poked me repeatedly in the arm, urging, "go, go, go, go, go!". When I got in the aisle, I noticed people congregating at the front. I motioned for my friends to join my brother and I as we ran up, but they didn't make it. I haven't been to enough shows to know that anything like this would happen; the front row in Boston was within an impenetrable pit, so it was inconceivable that I would get close there. I thought we would be similarly stuck in the back here. The reassurance of the fan from the Boston show was, I'm quite sure, a magical impetus that propelled us to the front.

We were right behind Julia (and her humongous bodyguard, whom I couldn't see past for a lot of the show). During Still Ill, we both made a stage invasion. I got choked and tossed around by one of his security guards, who yelled something at me as I was running towards Morrissey (did he expect me to hear him?). It was successful... Moz even reached out for me on stage! I was very happy with it, though I sort of blanked it out in my mind as it happened. My brother said the same thing about his stage invasion. Lated on, during How Soon is Now, he reached out for Morrissey's hand and squeezed it (very tightly), eliciting a pained/joking "ow!". Julia's bodyguard sharply elbowed my brother because his hand was right over Julia's head. We were reaching out to Morrissey for the whole show, and he kept coming near us and walking away, sometimes shaking Julia's and the bodyguard's hands.... what a dick.

Somebody who was at his seat in the front row got Moz's shirt (intact) that he threw out during Let Me Kiss You. Lucky bastard... I've only got a square of cut-up shirt from the Boston show.

Not much dialogue at all! He did accept gifts at the end of the show. That's all I can think of for now.

Who is Julia?

Same old Solow, always bleating.

sounds like so far his american shows are going down a storm,im not surprised,although it gets me down all the arguments on this forum,which is a morrissey fan forum,or am i confused.com,we are all morrissey fans,so lets all talk positives about the man we all love,well i do,he may not have too long as far as playing live is concerned, wish i was in america to see him,but scotland is a world away,still enjoying my memorys of manchester and edinburgh.: ))))

So sorry to bore you. I guess what I should have said, as to not upset you was...with no new album in sight, it would have been nice to see a set that touched upon the full back catalog. And I wasn't bragging about the number of times I have seen him, I was simply putting it out there for reference that it was by far the most unimpressive setlist I have seen. As I started the comment, they sounded amazing...I didn't dislike the actual performance, probably the best I've ever heard him.

Get over it.

Set lists preferences are always subjective. To me, this is a setlist that DOES touch on much of the back catalog - and given that he usually plays 18-20 songs, he's never going to cover the FULL catalog. As others have pointed out, Morrissey never has been and never will be a "greatest hits" act, so if that's what you were hoping for, you'll have a long wait.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom