Burlington, VT - Flynn Center for the Performing Arts (Oct. 16, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Black Cloud / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / Still Ill / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Meat Is Murder / Action Is My Middle Name / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Spring-Heeled Jim / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / The Youngest Was The Most Loved // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by bored

Last edited:
Re: Article: Burlington, VT - Flynn Center for the Performing Arts (Oct. 16, 2012) po

sounds like so far his american shows are going down a storm,im not surprised,although it gets me down all the arguments on this forum,which is a morrissey fan forum,or am i confused.com,we are all morrissey fans,so lets all talk positives about the man we all love,well i do,he may not have too long as far as playing live is concerned, wish i was in america to see him,but scotland is a world away,still enjoying my memorys of manchester and edinburgh.: ))))

Read this link, I think Scotland will be joining Canada on the banned list of seal killers.

http://afloat.ie/port-news/marine-w...ada-watching-eu-seal-cull-plans-with-interest

Thanks for the great review

Mighty lucky you got up close and managed the ultimate thing to do at a Moz gig - a stage invasion!! -Sounds like you had a great time, even though Julia's bodyguard got in the way.
Speaking of which; why on earth does Julia Riley need a bodyguard?!?!?! :squiffy: ...Interesting and rather baffling at the same time.. Hmm..
And I agree with you re. Moz being a dick.. JR and her bodyguard, presumably, go to all his shows, are friends IRL and they get the handshakes?!?! WTF????? He has other fans that almost never get a chance to see him [like us Antipodeans], and he shakes their hand..out of all people?!?! :straightface:
That kinda got me peed.. At the same time, it got me curious..if they are/were so close...ie friends..why do that? Do friends do that to each other?! Maybe I'm over-analyzing..maybe I'm not..:confused:

Your post/review has me even more excited for the NZ & AUS shows [if that's even possible :ahhh:] so thanks once again!

-M.

Great show. My brother and I got a bit of a freak opportunity to be in the front row. I said hi to someone I saw in Boston (the only other show I went to see on the tour) and asked him where he was sitting. He told me he was up front, and I said I was jealous because my brother and I were in row R. He told me assuringly, "you'll get up there", which I didn't quite understand. During Kristeen's set, I sat up by some of my friends who had much better seats than us. After her set, I got up to go to the bathroom, and someone poked me repeatedly in the arm, urging, "go, go, go, go, go!". When I got in the aisle, I noticed people congregating at the front. I motioned for my friends to join my brother and I as we ran up, but they didn't make it. I haven't been to enough shows to know that anything like this would happen; the front row in Boston was within an impenetrable pit, so it was inconceivable that I would get close there. I thought we would be similarly stuck in the back here. The reassurance of the fan from the Boston show was, I'm quite sure, a magical impetus that propelled us to the front.

We were right behind Julia (and her humongous bodyguard, whom I couldn't see past for a lot of the show). During Still Ill, we both made a stage invasion. I got choked and tossed around by one of his security guards, who yelled something at me as I was running towards Morrissey (did he expect me to hear him?). It was successful... Moz even reached out for me on stage! I was very happy with it, though I sort of blanked it out in my mind as it happened. My brother said the same thing about his stage invasion. Lated on, during How Soon is Now, he reached out for Morrissey's hand and squeezed it (very tightly), eliciting a pained/joking "ow!". Julia's bodyguard sharply elbowed my brother because his hand was right over Julia's head. We were reaching out to Morrissey for the whole show, and he kept coming near us and walking away, sometimes shaking Julia's and the bodyguard's hands.... what a dick.

Somebody who was at his seat in the front row got Moz's shirt (intact) that he threw out during Let Me Kiss You. Lucky bastard... I've only got a square of cut-up shirt from the Boston show.

Not much dialogue at all! He did accept gifts at the end of the show. That's all I can think of for now.

Re: Article: Burlington, VT - Flynn Center for the Performing Arts (Oct. 16, 2012)

That's pretty cool that we can bring our own body guards to the show if we feel like it

Some of us adore Moz as much [perhaps more] as JR does. But the whole bodyguard thing is well....extreme.. Yeah she's tiny, but I doubt anyone would harm her. . Or maybe there's something I don't know? Wonder if she hired him or Moz.. :confused:

Nevertheless, It'd be interesting to see what would happen if one of us showed up with a bodyguard!

Random sidenote, my 1 of my CAPTCHA's was pooftere.

Re: Article: Burlington, VT - Flynn Center for the Performing Arts (Oct. 16, 2012) po

Not much dialogue at all! He did accept gifts at the end of the show. That's all I can think of for now.

am wondering what to get the Mozziah as a gift. I think he recently said "You think you can buy me with rare books and rare records...well, YOU CAN!"
i don't have much $ to get him something rare,and what does one buy for someone like him anyway???????

The guy is not her bodyguard. I'm not going to post his name, but those who go to lots of shows know who he is. I've met him, too. He's another fan, and a friend.

am wondering what to get the Mozziah as a gift. I think he recently said "You think you can buy me with rare books and rare records...well, YOU CAN!"
i don't have much $ to get him something rare,and what does one buy for someone like him anyway???????

Get him a songwriters dictionary and a new pad and pencil and write inside dear Mozziah get writing and do us all a favour

The guy is not her bodyguard. I'm not going to post his name, but those who go to lots of shows know who he is. I've met him, too. He's another fan, and a friend.

I figured it could just be a friend, but I assumed it was her bodyguard. If he isn't one, he picked the wrong career, I think.

I forgot to mention one funny thing that happened. Some hapless but well-meaning girl yelled, "We love you Steven!", to which Moz banged his head on the mic in frustration.

it was only a matter of time the seals would be culled,i just hope its a quick painless death,my father was a butcher for over 40 years,i enjoy chicken,pork,beef,so i cant really talk about such matters as these etc,as i say i just hope its all painless and stressfree for the animals,mamals and so on.

We drove 4 hours from Quebec City to see Moz and we really loved the show. Kristeen Young was sexy and impressive with her great voice and energy. She sounds like Kate Bush, Bjork and even an opera singer. We rushed the stage before the show so we were right at Morrissey's feet. Being Smiths fans since 1983, we were amazed to see him so close. His voice was really great and the show was tight. He sang much better than the 1992 Dallas show that i have on VHS. For all the Canadian stuff posted here. I think it is irrelevent and stupid. The beef, chicken, veal consumption and animal cruelty in the states is 10 times higher in the USA than in Canada. I'm not judging, it's just a fact. It's normal cause the population in the USA is more than 10 times ours. So to boycott Canada for that... By the way, i love the USA and the peolple from Burlington were great and nice. He came to Canada in the past. Anyways, we were there for the music and the greatest lyricist ever and we really had a great time. Burlington is a beautiful city and we really enjoyed it. Too bad to see so many young people with both arms and legs working asking for money on the street. They should work like the rest of us. Besides that, the city is great !

Big drama in Burlington. A bit unsettling, tbh..

Just remembered this comment from a few days before the tour was axed. Was there something to it?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom