Bullfighting is not a sport or spectacle, it's murder

Raphael Lambach

Last week I was watching a documentary about Spain and in spite of its beauty and fantastic culture there was something shocking to me: bullfighting. Of course I knew about bullfighting but I didn't remember the bull must be dead on it. The I paid attention in all aspects from it - called sport or spectacle which both of meanings I disagree completely. I've thinking to travel all over the Europe this year and I'd stay in Spain too. But I deleted Spain of my plains by now. Bullfighting is not a sport or even a spectacle. IT'S MURDER. I'm glad it's no allowed at Catalonia anymore.

On this doc there was man telling that he had killed (murdered, he should say) about 1,000 bulls. This bullfighter was proud of himself for doing it on his young years. I think we also should kill around 1,000 bullfighters.

I agree with what you say about bullfighting but I wouldn't miss seeing Spain if I were you. Bullfighting offends possibly because of the spectacle and the glorification of the killing. Still every country has animal slaughter and butchery. Spain probably has a lot of animal rights activists that would like to see bullfighting ended but it's hard to fight tradition and may take time.

128687447265624871-1.jpg

julio-%20aparicio%20bull%20gored%20matador.JPG

look, only murder is murder :straightface:
got it, get it, good :thumb:
having said that :o
umm, people getting killed by bulls is just plain funny, not murder at all :p
while people killing bulls for sport, well, thats just plain sick :sick:
but it takes all kinds :rolleyes:

look, only murder is murder :straightface:
got it, get it, good :thumb:
having said that :o
umm, people getting killed by bulls is just plain funny, not murder at all :p
while people killing bulls for sport, well, thats just plain sick :sick:
but it takes all kinds :rolleyes:

I don't disagree competely from your words, but you should admit that bulls are the only true victims in bullfightings. It's really impressive that so many people didn't stoping watching, supporting thins kind of "sport" yet. WE CANNOT FACE IT OUT AS A GAME. IT'S MURDER.

I don't disagree competely from your words, but you should admit that bulls are the only true victims in bullfightings. It's really impressive that so many people didn't stoping watching, supporting thins kind of "sport" yet. WE CANNOT FACE IT OUT AS A GAME. IT'S MURDER.
Agreed, I am merely sensitive to the over usage of the word "murder". See, a long time ago I was in the army, and I killed people, it was not called murder, it was called war.
But for many years I thought of myself as a murderer :( which is simply not the case anymore. :straightface:
Now I just prefer to think of murderers as the only people who really murder. :o
This is not to say that I approve of what goes on in bullfighting, just that I reserve using the term "murder" to describe the unlawful killing of one person by another.
Its a matter of clarity, which possibly only concerns someone like me here, nevertheless
there it is...

ps: when I think of bullfighers, I think of butchers :cool:

Agreed, I am merely sensitive to the over usage of the word "murder". See, a long time ago I was in the army, and I killed people, it was not called murder, it was called war.
But for many years I thought of myself as a murderer :( which is simply not the case anymore. :straightface:
Now I just prefer to think of murderers as the only people who really murder. :o
This is not to say that I approve of what goes on in bullfighting, just that I reserve using the term "murder" to describe the unlawful killing of one person by another.
Its a matter of clarity, which possibly only concerns someone like me here, nevertheless
there it is...

ps: when I think of bullfighers, I think of butchers :cool:

Robby, I understood your reason to limit the useage of "muder". I know exactly you meant and I'll never judge you.
These bullfighters have no rights of killing animals by pleasure. Of course, I see that many Spanish are getting ober this tradiction and prostesting against it what is really and trully important to combate and delete it from this planet.

Stop killing animals.

spain has bullfighting. the english have foxhunting. doesn't prince charles shoot deer just for kicks? i know in the Uk they are trying to ban foxhunting. animals should never be killed for sport. simple as.

for your interest

spain has bullfighting. the english have foxhunting. doesn't prince charles shoot deer just for kicks? i know in the Uk they are trying to ban foxhunting. animals should never be killed for sport. simple as.

Scottish government banned Fox hunting in 2002, then it was banned in England and Wales in 2004.

cheers for that, kewpie. i didn't realise the ban was instituted back in 2004. i've always been partial to the wily old fox ever since reading roald dahl's fantastic mr fox.

Ok. As Kewpie said foxhunting was banned (thanks God) in 2004. It'll not bring the blame on English people for hunting fox down. Of course they're trying to make something useful about it. I hope bullfighting is banned quite soon all over the Europe.

Back
Top Bottom