"Bulbous salutation in the otherwise festive zone" card

Posted by @mikejoyce / Twitter:

@mikejoyce: It was sent to me today.

festive_card.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Bulbous salutation in the otherwise festive zone" card

If he hadn't sued, there is a very good chance that Joyce would now be drumming for Morrissey or Marr & still enjoying life as a musician instead of shuffling around reminiscing on the good old days.

He certainly wouldn't be playing for Morrissey. Andy took that carrot, and ended up getting dumped within a year. Apart from Boz, everyone gets shafted by Morrissey in the end.

Dear Mike
Thanks for being the drummer in The Smiths - it was a great privilege to see the band live on 3 occasions and the rhythm section that you and Andy provided brought the songs to life at live gigs.

Spot on Surface.
I had the pleasure and the privilege myself.
Next time your on a journey in the car play Rank very loud, remember the good old days and think of me kindly.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

He is now in the press with this story ... and with this photograph :sick:

CWiWwyCUEAAgVtP.png
Good God! A DJ? Looks like someone's Grandpa lol. If the wind gets behind those jug handles he'll take off. And I reckon those hampsteads must have been purchased out of the Moz Fund?

Spot on Surface.
I had the pleasure and the privilege myself.
Next time your on a journey in the car play Rank very loud, remember the good old days and think of me kindly.

Will do, it's an excellent live album. One thing that has always intrigued me is why the inner cover is from the GMex gig and not from the London date where the recording is from?

Wow. An awful lot of arguing caused by a comedy Christmas card.

My feeling is that the court case is too complicated to be separated into right and wrong. However, if Mike were so righteous in everything he did, it does beg the question of why Johnny still refuses to speak to him...

Good God! A DJ? Looks like someone's Grandpa lol. If the wind gets behind those jug handles he'll take off. And I reckon those hampsteads must have been purchased out of the Moz Fund?

he actually looks eerily like moz. a hipster, skinnier moz.

Wow. An awful lot of HGH arguing caused by a comedy Christmas card.

My feeling is that the court case is too complicated to be separated into right and wrong. However, if Mike were so righteous in everything he did, it does beg the question of why Johnny still refuses to speak to him...

Well maybe because it's too complicated to be separated into right and wrong.

But who knows, and it might not even be to do with the case. If Mike was totally unwilling to negotiate on his 25%, thereby forcing the case to go to court, I think that would do it.

I don't reckon that's what it is, though. I think Johnny never completely came out from under Morrissey's spell.

But who knows, and it might not even be to do with the case. If Mike was totally unwilling to negotiate on his 25%, thereby forcing the case to go to court, I think that would do it.

I don't reckon that's what it is, though. I think Johnny never completely came out from under Morrissey's spell.

Also, it's not necessarily true that Johnny would cross the street to avoid Mike. In an interview a couple of years ago, he said that he emailed all the Smiths with reminiscences at the time he was working in the Smiths remasters. He didn't hear back, although it's unlear whether that means from Morrissey or from anyone. He says "I don't feel and weirdness towards any of them".

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jan/11/johnny-marr-smiths-morrissey-politics-pop

Marr knows which side his bread is buttered on. He probably doesn't want to entirely sever relations with Morrissey, since that association is the basis of his career.

why do you mean by Johnny never completely came out from under Morrissey's spell ??????? :confused: i don't understand your comment

I wasn't talking to you. Keep your f***ing nose out, you verbose arsebiscuit.

Hey Stupid ! I'm really upset now ! Not one 4kin smiley face in your reply ! Thanks a 4kin lot !
Are you still on overtime ?

why do you mean by Johnny never completely came out from under Morrissey's spell ??????? :confused: i don't understand your comment

It means Johnny had a particular sense of loyalty to Morrissey which long outlasted the Smiths. So, he would go to lengths to avoid upsetting him. Reconciling with Mike after the court case would have upset Morrissey, which is explanation enough for why he didn't do it. There may or may not have been other reasons, but none are needed to explain the distance between Johnny and Mike.

Hey Stupid ! I'm really upset now ! Not one 4kin smiley face in your reply ! Thanks a 4kin lot !
Are you still on overtime ?

What does 4kin (=fourkin) mean? I know that kin means something like relative.

i have to say, after reading the posts regarding the court case, that whole thing has more a gay vibe than a legal one.
this one guy wont talk to the other because the other one will get upset. the other guy gets upset if the other guy reconciles with another guy.
ffs what exactly is going on?

It means Johnny had a particular sense of loyalty to Morrissey which long outlasted the Smiths. So, he would go to lengths to avoid upsetting him. Reconciling with Mike after the court case would have upset Morrissey, which is explanation enough for why he didn't do it. There may or may not have been other reasons, but none are needed to explain the distance between Johnny and Mike.

oh ok i understand now, even tho i don't know if i agree with you :straightface:

i have to say, after reading the posts regarding the court case, that whole thing has more a gay vibe than a legal one.
this one guy wont talk to the other because the other one will get upset. the other guy gets upset if the other guy reconciles with another guy.
ffs what exactly is going on?

Legal, gay, it's all pretty much the same. One guy putting on a wig so he can handle another guy's briefs. Your written evidence not stacking up, so you have to go into the judge's chambers and give it to him orally. Constantly using special words so the rest of society doesn't know what you're talking about.

By the way, are you a moron in real life or is it just an online thing?

I don't think this ties in with the facts at all. Johnny certainly hasn't been shy of criticising Morrissey in the press as the BBC documentary after the trial showed.

I don't think this ties in with the facts at all. Johnny certainly hasn't been shy of criticising Morrissey in the press as the BBC documentary after the trial showed.

Not sure exactly what you are referring to. But I said he didn't completely come out from under Morrissey's spell, not that he never even slightly came out from under it.

He has a nice head of hair!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom