Buddy Holly 'original Masters'

SouthpawGlamour

Slum Mum Peace Corps
Buddy Holly was a pioneer of songwriting/guitar and recording techniques. He made music in the rockabilly style through to big production string pop music, like the beautiful True Love Ways. Holly is renowned for his use of unusual instruments like the Celesta. Buddy Holly’s drummer recorded drum beats on everything from his thighs to cardboard boxes in sound experiments and these can be heard on tracks such as ‘Everyday’ and ‘Peggy Sue’.

Remarkable enough, but when you consider he died when he was 22!

Charles Hardin Holley was born in Lubbock, Texas in 1936.
Married to Maria Elena Santiago in Aug 1958
Died Feb 2 1959.

Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist/Producer

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2bz88e

Buddy Holly was a pioneer of songwriting/guitar and recording techniques. He made music in the rockabilly style through to big production string pop music, like the beautiful True Love Ways. Holly is renowned for his use of unusual instruments like the Celesta. Buddy Holly’s drummer recorded drum beats on everything from his thighs to cardboard boxes in sound experiments and these can be heard on tracks such as ‘Everyday’ and ‘Peggy Sue’.

Remarkable enough, but when you consider he died when he was 22!

Charles Hardin Holley was born in Lubbock, Texas in 1936.
Married to Maria Elena Santiago in Aug 1958
Died Feb 2 1959.

Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist/Producer

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2bz88e

You didn't include a track listing, but I'm downloading it anyway because BH is one of the greatest of all time. BTW, his entire catalog reverts to the public domain (sorry, Sir Paul!) in February 2008, the 50th anniversary of The Day the Music Died.

Many thanks!

You didn't include a track listing, but I'm downloading it anyway because BH is one of the greatest of all time. BTW, his entire catalog reverts to the public domain (sorry, Sir Paul!) in February 2008, the 50th anniversary of The Day the Music Died.

Many thanks!

1. That'll Be The Day
2. Oh, Boy!
3. Not Fade Away
4. Tell Me How
5. Maybe Baby
6. Everyday
7. Rock Around With Ollie Vee
8. It's So Easy
9. I'm Lookin' For Someone To Love
10. Peggy Sue
11. I'm Gonna Love You Too
12. Words Of Love
13. Rave On
14. Well...All Right
15. Listen To Me
16. Think It Over
17. Heartbeat
18. Reminiscing
19. It Doesn't Matter Anymore
20. True Love Ways

Random Holly facts:

Holly went to see Elvis and decided there and then to become a rockabilly musician. A picture exists of Holly in the crowd at this Elvis show (see pic)

Country superstar Waylon Jennings was the bass player on the final tour(see pic)

Holly died along with fellow rock and roll stars, JP Richardson and Ritchie Valens in a plane crash.

Eddie Cochran was distraught by the death of his friends and recorded 'three stars' as a tribute.

Cochran was killed the following year in a road accident aged 21.

Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly (far right wearing rimless spectacles)

elvis2Cbuddy2Cbob.jpg

Many thanks!

Why does it revert to the public domain? I thought Paul had bought the rights to BH's back catalogue with his publishing company MPL, along with, strangely, the musical soundtrack to "Annie!" and various other things ...

Buddy Holly was brilliant :D

thank you for this. I love Buddy <3

Why does it revert to the public domain? I thought Paul had bought the rights to BH's back catalogue with his publishing company MPL, along with, strangely, the musical soundtrack to "Annie!" and various other things ...

Buddy Holly was brilliant :D

All songs become public domain as soon as a period of time has elapsed, which must be 50 years, I thought it was more.

Many thanks!

Maria Elena Santiago is still alive. Doesn't she receive royalty payments for some of these songs as well?

Many thanks!

if he died in 1959, why does this happen in 2008?

Back
Top Bottom