Bryan Adams criticizes China: "bat eating, wet market animal selling, virus making greedy bastards"

The whole article is so strange! I love how the Guardian seems outraged that Adams "conflates various unproven theories" about something when that's pretty much what it pays its own columnists to do on a daily basis. So people like Suzanne Moore, Zoe Williams, Owen Jones, Jonathan Freedland et al are allowed to have opinions but Bryan Adams is sneered at for expressing his?

"My message to them other than ‘thanks a f***ing lot’ is go vegan." ?

Interestingly, the word 'racist' makes no appearance in the article.
Interestingly, it does in others, such as...

And I like how someone used the word 'sneer' above, as if it's only non-right-wing leaning publications that sneer. On the other hand, you have rational humans such as Katie Hopkins praising Bryan Adams. Now why would that be?

Until somebody in actual f***ing power asks the question of where & how & why this all happened, then this will all happen again, and again, and again.

But if you even mention the word 'China' to-day, you are squealed at as "RACIST!".

This did not just happen out of the blue, one of those things, just Nature, Etc.

It happened because you have China, a totalitarian state, and a modern global economic superpower, which is simultaneously a nation that features widespread 'cultural' practices that are pre-Medieval in their barbarity. Those two facts cannot co-exist for any length of time without...trouble. So, here we are.

But just because Trump, Hopkins et al abuse elements of these facts FOR THEIR OWN ENDS, doesn't prevent certain facts being worth investigating, for the greater good.

It would seem that certain sides are so blindly fixated on disagreeing with ANYTHING that Trump, Hopkins & Co purport to agree with, that no rational debate can ever be had.

And so we will continue, slitting our own throats.

The whole article is so strange! I love how the Guardian seems outraged that Adams "conflates various unproven theories" about something when that's pretty much what it pays its own columnists to do on a daily basis. So people like Suzanne Moore, Zoe Williams, Owen Jones, Jonathan Freedland et al are allowed to have opinions but Bryan Adams is sneered at for expressing his?

It's not even accurate - he didn't mention China or labs. He could easily mean that it was welfare conditions that created the virus.

It's probably a quick response to the Twitter outrage to get clicks.

Until somebody in actual f***ing power asks the question of where & how & why this all happened, then this will all happen again, and again, and again.

But if you even mention the word 'China' to-day, you are squealed at as "RACIST!".

This did not just happen out of the blue, one of those things, just Nature, Etc.

It happened because you have China, a totalitarian state, and a modern global economic superpower, which is simultaneously a nation that features widespread 'cultural' practices that are pre-Medieval in their barbarity. Those two facts cannot co-exist for any length of time without...trouble. So, here we are.

But just because Trump, Hopkins et al abuse elements of these facts FOR THEIR OWN ENDS, doesn't prevent certain facts being worth investigating, for the greater good.

It would seem that certain sides are so blindly fixated on disagreeing with ANYTHING that Trump, Hopkins & Co purport to agree with, that no rational debate can ever be had.

The culture wars are starting to kill us.

If you want the left to reject anything sensible, pay Katie Hopkins to agree with it. If you want the right to make fools of themselves place something ridiculous on a blog Trump is likely to read.

It's all power moves.

We need to go back to thinking things through.

If you want the left to reject anything sensible, pay Katie Hopkins to agree with it. If you want the right to make fools of themselves place something ridiculous on a blog Trump is likely to read.

It's all power moves.

Sadly so often true these days. A lot of angry reactionary hypocritical logic has creeped into A lot of people’s reasoning

China Crisis

It's all power moves.

I'm so tired of being told what I think and feel because I'm "the left." Supposedly I think that Joe Biden is a great guy and Bryan Adams is a racist but the opposite is true. I believe that the people that are thinking things through are just not heard from as much because they have things going on other than posting on Twitter fifty times a day. When you view one of those conversations it's easy to see that no matter what you write you're going to be arguing with irrational extremists and so people with considered opinions don't even wade into it.
I think the amount of people that are triggered by this has not really grown but they are supporting each other and, like @Uncleskinny who does nothing except type about it, think that their posts are going to save the world.
1589314400557.png

The sub species CONTINUES to eat up every?
in sight and much more:?????????
they eat all them up. Even Bryan Adams is waking up to the fact.
Maybe skinny can go park himself at his forum for 6 months.

I'm so tired of being told what I think and feel because I'm "the left." Supposedly I think that Joe Biden is a great guy and Bryan Adams is a racist but the opposite is true. I believe that the people that are thinking things through are just not heard from as much because they have things going on other than posting on Twitter fifty times a day. When you view one of those conversations it's easy to see that no matter what you write you're going to be arguing with irrational extremists and so people with considered opinions don't even wade into it.
I think the amount of people that are triggered by this has not really grown but they are supporting each other and, like @Uncleskinny who does nothing except type about it, think that their posts are going to save the world.
View attachment 56433

I agree.

"No excuse, I just wanted to have a rant about the horrible animal cruelty in these wet-markets being the possible source of the virus, and promote veganism,” he explained in an Instagram post on Tuesday.

The singer went on to say he has “love for all people” and his thoughts are with “everyone dealing with this pandemic around the world."

it's not a tirade against Chinese people. it's a tirade against "bat eating, wet market animal selling, virus making greedy bastards". if it had been Europeans doing all that he probably would've had the same words for them. just because Europeans DONT do that, and Chinese people DO do that, doesn't means he's racist. chinese people are the ones who chose to represent their race so abysmally. frankly im baffled that more people aren't a hell of a lot more angry about what they were up to.

Well people everywhere do kill animals in horrible ways but some of the things I've seen from China do seem like people are going out of their way to make it as horrible and gruesome as possible. And after seeing that I can understand why people might say something that could be considered racist. I don't think he was racist though and definitely didn't come close to what Morrissey said.

People think we're being hypocritical criticizing China for eating all and sundry when after all we eat cows and pigs and chickens. But I think that's the proper way to do it, if you're going to eat meat at all: have a few designated animals that you say "this is for eating, everything else is not for eating". This deranged desire Chinese people have to greedily gobble up anything that breathes is really perverse and bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom