Brussels - Bozar Theatre (March 16, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Alma Matters / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Knockabout World / Istanbul / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / Half A Person / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Night Pop Dropped / Without Music The World Dies / Let Me Kiss You // Suedehead

Setlist courtesy of Buddy T.

Last edited:
The venues / ticket prices are to blame
It’s a bit like watching that footage of the Walker brothers doing the supper club circuit to polite applause

Still, something like 9 years since he last played in Belgium, I did expect perhaps more from the crowd, but then that’s not reflected in the makeup of the front rows anyway

I’m expecting better from London , with it being a traditional guitar band venue, more standing / ticket prices better (though this will be my first time at the Apollo, so will see how it goes, and he has played London a lot in recent years

I saw him there in for the 2nd night in 2015 and the atmosphere was excellent.

Nobody Loves Us
This Is Not Your Country
I Can Have Both
Used To Be A Sweet Boy
Interlude
Disappointed
Will Never Marry
Michael's Bones
Jack The Ripper
I Know It's Over
This Night Has Opened My Eyes
At Amber
My Love Life
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
Well I Wonder
Southpaw
Sister I'm A Poet

Encore:
I Want The One I Can't Have
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Interesting Drug
Irish Blood, English Heart

I wish.
I would give anything to hear This Night Has Opened My Eyes live!!! He performed it in 2021 in the US

Well, unless he does Michael's Bones and All the Lazy Dykes then, as a loyal member of Moz-Solo, I will consider this entire tour an absolute failure. I mean, who wants to listen to life-changing classics like Please, Please, Suedehead or Sunday when he should be performing obscure B-sides and album tracks we all slagged off 20 years ago? Sigh...
Totally agree! Has he ever done Teenage Dad On His Estate (worth it just to hear the words Jensen Interceptor sung live) or My Life Is An Endless Succession Of People Saying Goodbye (ever if the harp is pre-recorded).....?

Totally agree! Has he ever done Teenage Dad On His Estate (worth it just to hear the words Jensen Interceptor sung live) or My Life Is An Endless Succession Of People Saying Goodbye (ever if the harp is pre-recorded).....?
Teenage Dad - Swords 2009
My Life - Last year in the US. Also back in 2006.

FULL GIG ( Video ) !!!

FULL GIG ( Video ) !!!

He is great. They are great. Top form. And now I love the 2 new songs. Telephone is such fun!!!! They are clearly in very high creative moment. It seems to me he's sort of refinding, reelaborating his roots with still the joy to look at the future.

Last edited:
Sorry for the sound (I was next to the speakers) but the footage is imo great: up close!

i did hear someone after jim jim falls - say something like 'if your going to be at the front can you fkin dance or something like that - made me laugh!

Well, Belgians (and especially the Flemish) are quite reserved and aren't that "outgoing" in general.
Never were and probably never will be, so I thought this was them being "happy" and "outgoing".

STILL ... they're always respectful and thankful towards artists, which is different in other areas.

And as touring musician I think Morrissey already knows what crowds to expect in certain countries.
And every single comment I heard from Belgians during is two Belgian shows was that he was "amazing" and that it was the "concert of the year already"....

Rare is an understatement.
Soundcheck bits:

What is the guy with the tablet doing? He walks the stage like he has a very important job to do ^^

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom