"Brow of my Beloved" added on Spotify and other services as a digital single (July 12, 2019)

As of today:

Lovely song!

full

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a typical grower song, 2nd it's a cover, listening to all the covers, Morrissey stayed close to the original songs.

Melanie song and cover by Morrissey is my favourite on this album [some say I got Devil]

William Bloke is simply calling a douche-bag a douche-bag. He’s done it both succinctly and eloquently.

Bragg hasn’t EVER released a half-assed record. They’re ALL good.

The fact that you slag Billy Bragg, while fawning over ^^^THIS rubbish reflects only on you, you daft, wee, try-hard twat.
You're trying to hard.
We all know Bragg is a Haslam.
His records haven't made the charts lately..... 10years? 20? 1984?
This is the most publicity he's had in years, and he's been milking it for nearly a month, it seems longer tbh.
Brow of my beloved isn't Morrissey's best but it's superior to anything out there at the moment.

it's a typical grower song, 2nd it's a cover, listening to all the covers, Morrissey stayed close to the original songs.

Melanie song and cover by Morrissey is my favourite on this album [some say I got Devil]

Brow Of My Beloved is not a cover.

Nice melody, could have done with an extra verse but not bad.

Hofmann continues .....

"Phew! Now I've got that distracting, diversionary, low word-count comment out of they way I'd best get back to what I do best, blind hatred. Now, who should ny scattergun bullets of hate fall upon today?"

Just a question: does the release as a download single mean that this song will not be included on the next album?

If not, then it s a pity that it was not included on the deluxe of LIHS, I find it more enjoyable than any one of the three songs that were included on the re-issue. It is indeed a grower.

Just a question: does the release as a download single mean that this song will not be included on the next album?

If not, then it s a pity that it was not included on the deluxe of LIHS, I find it more enjoyable than any one of the three songs that were included on the re-issue. It is indeed a grower.

I don't think it will be included on the next album. The best song on the LIHS reissue was Never Again Will I Be A Twin without a doubt which I like much better than this one.

Yeah. It’s “a grower”. ...like fungus on the ears of a deaf lobotomy patient.

It's an ok song but a bit meh. There is far better music out there to listen to so why bother with an ok cover version just because its Moz?

You're trying to hard.
We all know Bragg is a Haslam.
His records haven't made the charts lately..... 10years? 20? 1984?
This is the most publicity he's had in years, and he's been milking it for nearly a month, it seems longer tbh.
Brow of my beloved isn't Morrissey's best but it's superior to anything out there at the moment.
You’re either taking the piss, or you’re too young and dumb to know a shred about the Bard.

Billy hasn’t ever given a rat-ass about charts, unlike Misserrey - who’s obsessed to the point of blatantly and publicly lying about it. Top 5 in Poland! ...and unlike your cut-rate Fat Elvis, Billy is still a top-notch writer and collaborator. He tours constantly, advocates for the disenfranchised and carries on quiet, philanthropic work.

...and do you REALLY think, feel and believe that this rubbish tune is “superior to anything out there at the moment”? Jesus H., li’l shooter - you are one low-expectation-having motherf***er.

NOBODY thinks this vanilla sludge is worth a grain. I have better sounding farts than this, every-time I eat kale.

Gimme a break, kiddo.

No I don’t think it will but it will probably be collected into an album of stray songs from this period which could better in some ways. He’s got a nice batch of odd songs with the world peace and lihs deluxe b sides. Those, thought you were dead blue dreamers eyes and brow of my beloved already has me excited for that album

You’re either taking the piss, or you’re too young and dumb to know a shred about the Bard.

Billy hasn’t ever given a rat-ass about charts, unlike Misserrey - who’s obsessed to the point of blatantly and publicly lying about it. Top 5 in Poland! ...and unlike your cut-rate Fat Elvis, Billy is still a top-notch writer and collaborator. He tours constantly, advocates for the disenfranchised and carries on quiet, philanthropic work.

...and do you REALLY think, feel and believe that this rubbish tune is “superior to anything out there at the moment”? Jesus H., li’l shooter - you are one low-expectation-having motherf***er.

NOBODY thinks this vanilla sludge is worth a grain. I have better sounding farts than this, every-time I eat kale.

Gimme a break, kiddo.

"advocates for the disenfranchised".............like the victims of rape gangs?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom