Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre (Sep. 24, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All You Need Is Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided FROSTY.

• Morrissey rules the stage at intimate New York City show: EW review by Rick Tetzeli - Entertainment Weekly
  • Watch as Morrissey covers the Ramones 'Judy Is A Punk' - NME.com. Link from Rene.
  • Photo from doorsixteen / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39160_brooklyn.jpg

Last edited:
Kings theater: Brooklyn September 24 2016

1. Suedehead
2. You have killed me
3. Alma matters
4. Ouija board ouija board
5. The Bullfighter dies
6. Im throwing my arms around Paris
7. World Peace is None of your business
8. Ganglord
9. Speedway
10. Kiss me alot
11. How can anybody possibly know how I feel
12. All the lazy dykes
13. Meat is murder
14. Every day is like Sunday
15. This world is full of crashing bores
16. All you need is me
17. You're the one for me fatty
18. How soon is now?
19. Jack The Ripper
20. What she said
21. Judy is a punk
22. Irish blood English heart

I know he loves the ramones but it's hard for me to imagine him covering them. A new one from quarry is nice to see as well

Kings theater: Brooklyn September 24 2016

1. Suedehead
2. You have killed me
3. Alma matters
4. Ouija board ouija board
5. The Bullfighter dies
6. Im throwing my arms around Paris
7. World Peace is None of your business
8. Ganglord
9. Speedway
10. Kiss me alot
11. How can anybody possibly know how I feel
12. All the lazy dykes
13. Meat is murder
14. Every day is like Sunday
15. This world is full of crashing bores
16. All you need is me
17. You're the one for me fatty
18. How soon is now?
19. Jack The Ripper
20. What she said
21. Judy is a punk
22. Irish blood English heart
Nice setlist, happy to see Lazy Dykes back on, though don't care much for HCAPKHIF.

Now that's a GQ cover. If only he could come out with new music that matched this look and attitude. I'm going to go with an Arctic Monkeys T-shirt under his sport coat.

There is hope! Is there hope? I hope so.

PS. Black is the new black.

Last edited:
very good show. fast pace, lots of songs. definitely wasn't phoned in. also, he looks fit. i was surprised how good he looked when the shirt came off. great venue, great show. real glad i went.

Tonight's show was a treasure to behold. His voice was rich and melodic the whole night with the exception of a few shaky notes in "Lazy Dykes." The switcheroo for singing duties, and guitar/drum duties happened again at Speedway. Couple of cheeky "All in the Family" bars played before How Soon is Now.

A really lovely crowd. Completely packed. I was in the pit, and it was just as gentle as ever. Was I the only one who felt all the love in the air tonight? Just so much love oozing in that place.

Some of the banter included how CNN is choreographing the presidential election. Tonight Boz was introduced as being from Hoboken, New Jersey.

There was probably a total of six stage attempts only two that really made it. No one was terribly roughed up by the venue security. Morrissey's traveling security, of which there was probably a total of four, looked ready to pounce at the drop of a hat. The barriers were climbable, and Morrissey teased us to with the "come hither" siren's song.

In general, his spirits seemed good. He played a fun Ramones cover as an encore, after all. I've been to his shows where there is no encore. You can feel the mood sometimes shift during a show with him. Not tonight. Tonight, he came prepared to give a show we would all remember. Morrissey loves New York. And we're so lucky for it. He gives us so much, and tonight's crowd gave him some love right back. It was a magical night.

I can verify that above setlist is correct, too.

Gustavo Manzur sings the end of Speedway and the last couple of sentences at the end of World Peace in Spanish. Also loved the opening medley, specially the Flesh video and the Alain Delon famous scene...

14484625_10154641902316424_3213701862204297558_n.jpg
14492388_10154641902311424_5151688997676806278_n.jpg

JET SONG

When you're a Jet,
You're a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Jet,
If the spit hits the fan,
You got brothers around,
You're a family man!

You're never alone,
You're never disconnected!

You're home with your own:
When company's expected,
You're well protected!

From the American musical West Side Story (1957)
Music Leonard Bernstein
Lyrics Stephen Sondheim

Judy is a Punk was such a nice surprise. I haven't seen a show with a two song encore in years.

An excellent show. The place was packed. Zero empty seats and I had a bird's eye view of the venue. The audience was very enthusiastic and Moz seemed to appreciate it. There was way too much smoke effect during Jack The Ripper. From my seat the stage was completely obscured for nearly the entire song. A few surprises in the setlist as noted above. I thought he sang the Ramones fairly well. He starts with an a cappella snippet of "Jet Song" from West Side Story:

Note the blue colored flower he takes from the audience during Irish Blood, English Heart:

2LUyS5.png

Some of his stage crew were wearing t-shirts that said "Be Kind To Morrissey Or I'll Kill You Crew":

ptGCIZ.jpg

Two successful stage invaders during Everyday Is Like Sunday. First one got handled pretty rough:

DDbk1N.png

1eTpe2.png

Second one got a nice conciliatory handshake from Moz after being pushed back:

Xc2228.png

qhzFIM.png

I have video from the entire show and will be uploading soon. Good night!

An excellent show. The place was packed. Zero empty seats and I had a bird's eye view of the venue. The audience was very enthusiastic and Moz seemed to appreciate it. There was way too much smoke effect during Jack The Ripper. From my seat the stage was completely obscured for nearly the entire song. A few surprises in the setlist as noted above. I thought he sang the Ramones fairly well. He starts with an a cappella snippet of "Jet Song" from West Side Story:

Note the blue colored flower he takes from the audience during Irish Blood, English Heart:

2LUyS5.png

Some of his stage crew were wearing t-shirts that said "Be Kind To Morrissey Or I'll Kill You Crew":

ptGCIZ.jpg

Two successful stage invaders during Everyday Is Like Sunday. First one got handled pretty rough:

DDbk1N.png

1eTpe2.png

Second one got a nice conciliatory handshake from Moz after being pushed back:

Xc2228.png

qhzFIM.png

I have video from the entire show and will be uploading soon. Good night!

As always thank you doc for the great videos and reviews.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom