Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre (Nov. 30, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Our Frank / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / Let Me Kiss You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Half A Person / Knockabout World / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY

Last edited:
Kings Theater is great. I have very specific memories there. I work as a background actor and a few years ago spent like 16 hours all night there with my dog, we were both part of a scene from the show Hunters (some kids coming out of a Star Wars screening.) You can't see us at all though in the scene which was really disappointing for me. But I hung out inside and outside with my dog all day and night, feeding her sandwiches right on the stage. She's gone now but last night was thinking about it a lot while in there.

Audience audio and video recordings at The Traders' Den
Thanks for sharing your recordings. Funny I thought TTD was [R.I.P.]. I guess the rumors of its demise were premature.

Last edited:
Yes 8:30pm most likely. I have heard of him pushing a 9pm start this tour.
Thanks for the reply. Timing worked out great. Found our seats just as the intro music started. 😃 Just happy we arrived in time. One of the best M shows I’ve seen in the last few years.

A very entertaining article about this show, on the Page Six website, containing this fabulous paragraph:

When he launched into depressives’ anthem, “Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want,” the crowd — made up of indie rock survivors, Park Slope-adjacent parents in chunky glasses, groups of wobbly drunken men with bulging bellies and stiff quiffs, aging Oberlin grads, revivalist goths and one guy who seemed to have wandered in from a mid-’90s Phish show on acid — went ape, with a steady stream of screaming fans jumping on the stage to hug ol’ Moz as if he were one of The Beatles.

(Imagine if Fiona could write that well...)

If it’s anything like the Glasgow gig (that was seated, too), the standers just loiter in the general area then make a mad dash for the stage when someone, somewhere gives an invisible signal.
Security did try to move most back to their seats - which were probably the cheapest they could buy - but a number of them started literally throwing tantrums until the tour director guy (can’t remember his name, he’s on Twitter though) came out and told security to let them stand at the front. It seems to be just an accepted thing. Lesson: get a cheap seat, run like f*** towards the stage when you see others do the same, shout/cry/refuse to move and you, too, will get to the front of the stage. Never mind those who forked out for front row seats; they’re not real fans like the front-of-the-stage crew.
This has always been the way.
When you are the holder of front row tickets you often have to tell people to go f*** off if they try to get in front of you.
One time Julia tried to stand in front of me and I had a front row ticket. I called the usher over and said, she does not have a ticket to be here and they tossed her ass elsewhere.
I have front row for Boston and am ready to defend my ground. If people from other rows want to line up behind me they can but in front of me they might shanked with a shiv... or shivved with a shank. I am not sure what weapons security will be using that night.

Last edited:
When you are the holder of front row tickets you often have to tell people to go f*** off if they try to get in front of you.
One time Julia tried to stand in front of me and I had a front row ticket. I called the usher over and said, she does not have a ticket to be here and they tossed her ass elsewhere.
I have front row for Boston and am ready to defend my ground. If people from other rows want to line up behind me they can but in front of me they might shanked with a shiv... or shivved with a shank. I am not sure what weapons security will be using that night.
Have fun!!! And yes, the bar should be yours!

Have fun!!! And yes, the bar should be yours!
Thanks..

On the flip side, I had 3rd or 4th row (odd shaped section) to Suede two weeks ago and when everyone pushed up to the front middle I stayed behind the people right against the stage since they truly had front row tickets.

What scares him during "everyday"? He has a pleasant look on his face.. then suddenly seems disgusted and gasps when the lights come on.

The security guard said you needed a pass to get into the pit area. Some may have snuck in but the security was there the whole time and seemed tight. It seemed to be several rows of people standing and a few rows of seats.
I was there and had front row ’seats’ legitimately by ticket. They were letting the first two rows stand at the stage. Security checked your ticket and seat location and gave you a wristband so you could come and go easily. (Same the next night in NJ btw).

This was one of my favorite shows. Highlights for me were Jim Jim Falls and Please Please (M at the end nearly brought me to tears). Stained Glass Window is ethereal, just gorgeous. He seemed in great spirits and it was such a joy to see him and the band really enjoying the night.

I still have not managed to hear Hurling Days live, and I desperately want to so if you’re reading this M, how about tomorrow in Boston?

bored…the folks on the list who get walked in ahead of the general public usually take spots at the front, but security has been moving them aside at seated venues so that the actual ticket holders in the front row stand at the stage first. It’s one thing when they do that at a free for all GA show, another when you’ve paid for front row, you should get that real estate. Those folks are generally respectful of the ticket holders (but for one or two) but you should be fine and if not, mention it to security. I’m also front row tomorrow night, hope to see you there.

Yeah, woulda been cool to see Preemo.
I remember when people were saying "black people don't like M" I said otherwise and was called a liar. Ive been a fan of Preemo for a while. wish i would have been there. I missed a load of these USA shows. not gonna happen next year. I think the gigs will be even better next year as there may be more new songs written by the new band

I remember when people were saying "black people don't like M" I said otherwise and was called a liar. Ive been a fan of Preemo for a while. wish i would have been there. I missed a load of these USA shows. not gonna happen next year. I think the gigs will be even better next year as there may be more new songs written by the new band

One time I asked this black guy if he liked Morrissey and he
said "Yeah, I really like that song Ice Cream Castles."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom