Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre (Nov. 30, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Our Frank / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / Let Me Kiss You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Half A Person / Knockabout World / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY

Last edited:
Anyone know how people stood near the front? doesn’t seem like most of them had front row seats.
If it’s anything like the Glasgow gig (that was seated, too), the standers just loiter in the general area then make a mad dash for the stage when someone, somewhere gives an invisible signal.
Security did try to move most back to their seats - which were probably the cheapest they could buy - but a number of them started literally throwing tantrums until the tour director guy (can’t remember his name, he’s on Twitter though) came out and told security to let them stand at the front. It seems to be just an accepted thing. Lesson: get a cheap seat, run like f*** towards the stage when you see others do the same, shout/cry/refuse to move and you, too, will get to the front of the stage. Never mind those who forked out for front row seats; they’re not real fans like the front-of-the-stage crew.

🎇 Wow, looks like it was an amazing performance! Thanks for all the posts, much appreciated 👍 Looking forward to The Met this Saturday 💖

Agreed about nailing Smiths songs. I heard a recording of the SF show and they nailed Stop Me... all the recordings of Hooligan I've heard sound great.

Yeah they are really getting those unique harmonies in the guitars and the FX settings or...something?? Like I have no idea what they're doing, but it just has the exact same very specific and indefinable tone of those Smiths recordings. I'm very impressed!

Entrance:

The second instagram here is of the full show, FWD.

I'm really struck by the stage management and the superb timing of lights and sound and everything. Poetry in motion. And re. the comment before Saint, an old Salt n' Peppa song, let's talk about... comes to mind :blush: Or maybe not right now, since talk's become so dangerous these days, even though 'how can you consciously contemplate...'

Anyway, great night, and wonderful crowd too : )

He sang the most beautiful version of "Please, please, please let me get what I want"
that i've ever witnessed in all my years of seeing him sing it live. Many years.

I cried, my friend cried, yet she somehow managed to record some of it - then we clapped and cheered for him!

We love that man because his songs were the songs that saved our lives!

Have a look:

Succession is particularly beautiful too : )

Yeah, Preemo said one time that he's a fan of The Smiths.
Yeah, after googling "DJ Premier Morrissey", I found this post from here, and I also found a video from his instagram taken when Moz last played MSG. I knew my eyes weren't deceiving me when I saw him. We even made eye contact and I swear he could tell that I recognized him haha.

Anyways, what a great show. Last time I had tickets was in 2020 which obviously got cancelled, so that was my first time seeing him since Forrest Hills in 2019.

Yeah, after googling "DJ Premier Morrissey", I found this post from here, and I also found a video from his instagram taken when Moz last played MSG. I knew my eyes weren't deceiving me when I saw him. We even made eye contact and I swear he could tell that I recognized him haha.

Anyways, what a great show. Last time I had tickets was in 2020 which obviously got cancelled, so that was my first time seeing him since Forrest Hills in 2019.

Yeah, woulda been cool to see Preemo.

Audience audio and video recordings at The Traders' Den

Does anyone know what time Moz has been hitting the stage? I’m assuming 8:30 but we’re heading to the NJ show now and are running a bit late. 😬

With 2 full gigs of this gig - boot may follow soon.
FWD.

Does anyone know what time Moz has been hitting the stage? I’m assuming 8:30 but we’re heading to the NJ show now and are running a bit late. 😬
~ 9:00. He came on right before 9 yesterday though (like 8:55).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom