Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre (Nov. 30, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Our Frank / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / Let Me Kiss You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Half A Person / Knockabout World / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY

Last edited:
It's Ezra Pound.

He's a poet that supported fascism & was shunned in a mental hospital for years.

He expressed regret for his support.
Ah yes, good ol' Ezra Pound. But the image itself... Is it something that Moz himself conjured up or did he find it from somewhere? It seems to me to be an image of Ezra Pound in some early 20th century SIMPLIFIED version of an Italian futurist backdrop... idk I'm not so well-versed in art history. But considering Pound's politics, it would seem to fit rather smoothly.

Ah yes, good ol' Ezra Pound. But the image itself... Is it something that Moz himself conjured up or did he find it from somewhere? It seems to me to be an image of Ezra Pound in some early 20th century SIMPLIFIED version of an Italian futurist backdrop... idk I'm not so well-versed in art history. But considering Pound's politics, it would seem to fit rather smoothly.

It seems to be a marketing image for a talk on Pound.

20221201_145207.jpg

Amazing show. Loved seeing the people rush the stage especially during Jack the Ripper. Was little sad there was only one encore tune, but I left happy.

Don't know if there's a lot of hip hop fans here, but did anyone else see DJ Premier in the crowd? I walked passed him on the bathroom line after the show.

I was there! I also recorded a lot of video and will post it. I recorded mostly his stage banter because there's not enough of that on youtube.

Morrissey kept being self-deprecating about his voice but it was absolutely incredible. FANTASTIC SHOW! Crazy setlist! I was shocked!

I was also disappointed there weren't more songs in the encore, but damn, Hooligan ROCKED MY FACE OFF. It was intense. The other thing I noticed about his band compared to years ago is they are really nailing the Smiths songs now. They sound perfect! I saw Morrissey around You Are The Quarry and I remember thinking the Smiths ones felt kind of off.

I was so happy to hear Girlfriend in a Coma and Half A Person, but shocked he played Our Frank (he must feel it never got a fair chance) and My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye, which was incredibly touching and effective.

Another wonderful thing was hearing Jim Jim Falls and Knockabout World live! He sang incredible and these songs are perfect live show anthems. The music was so loud I couldn't tell if everyone was singing along but they should have! I really dislike Morrissey's vocal processing on Knockabout World especially, so hearing it live and natural was very meaningful to me. I wanted to cry! And Jim Jim Falls is even funnier when singing to a big crowd of people who love him. JUST KILL YOURSELF!

Oh, and my first time hearing songs from the new album: THEY WERE GREAT!! This was one of the only times a band I saw live played new songs and I loved them! Telephone rocks! I am also happy to report Morrissey can sing Rebels BEAUTIFULLY. Why they had to mess with it on the album...?? The live version was so much better!

Last edited:
It's Ezra Pound.

He's a poet that supported fascism & was shunned in a mental hospital for years.

He expressed regret for his support.
Your bio of the man leaves a lot to be desired. Pound edited TS Eliot's manuscript of The Wasteland to get it ready for publication - probably the most famous poem of the 20th century, and which Eliot dedicated to Pound as 'the better artist'. Pound is himself regarded as one of the finest poets of the 20th century. I think that's more important than his fascist sympathies.

Screenshot_20221201-172320.png

(Ezra obviously holds some interest given the use of his full name in LOTL).

Last night was incredible. Morrissey was in a great mood and seemed very happy and grateful. They were many stage invasions that were mostly gentle and Morrissey seem to appreciate them even more than usual

The security was unusually tight. The pit was heavily guarded. Although at the price of the premium seats I get it. Lol. They were not letting people upfront and were clearing the isles throughout The whole show. I was seated mid orchestra and was able to get upfront right outside the pit for the first half. But then I foolishly left to go to the bathroom and never made it back. Lol.

The Setlist was great. They’re quite a few show songs I have never seen live before. Our Frank was fun and I loved the background of Frankenstein. I really enjoyed Jim Jim Falls live. The highlights for me were Girlfriend in a Coma, Please please please and The Loop. The new songs were quite good and seem to be very well received. Veronica was a real Stomper live! I think Telephone is my least favorite so far. Maybe it’ll grow on me. Also this was my first time seeing Alan live again. Welcome back!!

While it’s always amazing just to be in the same room as Morrissey, this show was extra emotional for me. I’ve had a rough couple of years and it was really really good to see him live again!!

I am very grateful for last night. Can’t wait for tonight!

Last edited:
I was also disappointed there weren't more songs in the encore, but damn, Hooligan ROCKED MY FACE OFF. It was intense. The other thing I noticed about his band compared to years ago is they are really nailing the Smiths songs now. They sound perfect! I saw Morrissey around You Are The Quarry and I remember thinking the Smiths ones felt kind of off.
Agreed about nailing Smiths songs. I heard a recording of the SF show and they nailed Stop Me... all the recordings of Hooligan I've heard sound great.

Anyone know how people stood near the front? doesn’t seem like most of them had front row seats.

Anyone know how people stood near the front? doesn’t seem like most of them had front row seats.
The security guard said you needed a pass to get into the pit area. Some may have snuck in but the security was there the whole time and seemed tight. It seemed to be several rows of people standing and a few rows of seats.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom