brokeback mountain

I really love the film....
yes, im gay, but that's beside the point

There's alot of very poetic elements to it,
lots of little hiden artistic things that I come to find each time I watch it.
Now that's classic.

saying that guys don't or shouldn't watch movies based around love stories is almost as ridiculous as calling dirty harry a crap movie.

you both lose as far as i'm concerned.

I never said 'all' guys do not or should not (why would I care what they 'should' watch?) watch movies with that particular theme; rather, I was saying that generally speaking, men are not interested in 'love' stories.

I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule, but generally speaking, it's generally true that men have little to no interest in such things, including me.

I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule, but generally speaking, it's generally true that men have little to no interest in such things, including me.

Why do you think that is?
I LOVE love stories.

I it actually appears to me to be more of a universal love story that transcends gender, which I think was the way the film was focused, it didn't concentrate on that they were both men, but rather on the feelings they had for one another, which I thought was interesting.
:
exactly my thoughts..

Why do you think that is?
I LOVE love stories.

I don't know why that is. I'm sure there is a study detailing it somewhere, if you cared enough to look (which I don't).

And as I said before: I'm sure there are many men who like those kinds of movies, but in my experience, they would be the minority, as generally speaking, most men don't care for 2 hr + 'love' stories.

What don't YOU enjoy about love stories (in the main)?

i remember morrissey dedicating "life is a pigsty" to the late heath ledger at one of his roundhouse shows..

i remember morrissey dedicating "life is a pigsty" to the late heath ledger at one of his roundhouse shows..

Awww so awesome of him <333

I don't like romance films in general, specially when they're cute romantic comdies with mediocre scripts/acting/directing :sick:

I only like romantic stories of forbidden / passionate / tragic love.

Back
Top Bottom