Brixton review 4/5* review

Tingle3

I don't think (what with?) that this review has been mentioned here previously.
At least I haven't stumbled on it here. I read it on the Shepperton train after the Palladium gig.

They still call him "The former Smiths singer" *Good grief* :squiffy: Must drive Morrissey crazy.

Evening Standard review by Rick Pearson

They still call him "The former Smiths singer" *Good grief* :squiffy: Must drive Morrissey crazy.

What do yu think he'd prefer to be addressed as:
The Smith's former singer
Singer formerly of The Smiths
Former singer with The Smiths.
Ex-Smiths singer

Can you imagine a review of John Lennon not mentioning "ex-beatle?" (if you'll pardon the 'pun')

Morrissey is no stranger to controversy, of course, having been accused of racism throughout his career
would be of more concern to me if I was Morrissey, which I'm not!!!

It's more commonly "Ex Smiths Frontman" isn't it?

Yes, & I'm sure Sir Paul is invariably referred to as "The former Beatle" in the second sentence of any article written about him.

Maybe Morrissey would appreciate the use of "Seminal singer and songwriter...."

Thanks for the review - it's the only one I've seen.
It's odd - there's been virtually no reviews of any of his concerts in the UK this summer in the general or music press (maybe one in the Guardian). I'd have thought at least someone like Mojo or Word would have covered them.
Newspapers seem happy to dedicate vast chunks of printed and website space to comments he makes about the Royal Family, hunting, Norway etc, but have very little interest in him as a singer anymore.

I don't think (what with?) that this review has been mentioned here previously.
At least I haven't stumbled on it here. I read it on the Shepperton train after the Palladium gig.

Newspapers seem happy to dedicate vast chunks of printed and website space to comments he makes about the Royal Family, hunting, Norway etc, but have very little interest in him as a singer anymore.

...Much like this site and forum nowadays it seems to me.
This summer's tour, for my money, has seen Morrissey perform at the zenith of his live abilities. You would not have the slightest inkling of this if you'd been round here over the last seven weeks or so.
Why spoil the 'free-for-all bitchfest' fun?

Back
Top Bottom