Brit/pol/ #1: second attempt edition

Blue passports costing £500 million was FAKE NEWS - I'm shocked! :rolleyes:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/23/there...n-blue-passport-cost-claim-fake-news-7182527/

A lie pushed remorselessly by many Labour, LibDem and Green politicians. The truth is the contract to supply the UK government with passports is due to expire and the new tendering process will require new safety features, “oh, and by the way, we’ll have blue ones this time please.”

Additional costs incurred: Zero.

A lie pushed remorselessly by many Labour, LibDem and Green politicians. The truth is the contract to supply the UK government with passports is due to expire and the new tendering process will require new safety features, “oh, and by the way, we’ll have blue ones this time please.”

Additional costs incurred: Zero.
And a British company put in a bid earlier this year, which should be accepted :thumb:

Quando could you tell your government to stop pulse fishing please? :love::) Well to ban it I mean :D

Me telling them doesn’t make any difference.

But, we have a Party For The Animals in parliament with 5 seats and as far as I know they bring the subject up every time and at any possible moment.

The keader of that party, Marianne Thieme ends every discussion, with a last sentence: “Nevermind what is discussed here, The bio industry should be stopped NOW”.

Me telling them doesn’t make any difference.

But, we have a Party For The Animals in parliament with 5 seats and as far as I know they bring the subject up every time and at any possible moment.

The keader of that party, Marianne Thieme ends every discussion, with a last sentence: “Nevermind what is discussed here, The bio industry should be stopped NOW”.
They are also doing it in British waters too. It's all coming to a head very soon anyway. The EU is on it's last legs. It does in a way seem like WW2 again :D

They are also doing it in British waters too. It's all coming to a head very soon anyway. The EU is on it's last legs. It does in a way seem like WW2 again :D

I really do hope not.
But there isn’t a danger for Holland to be occupied by a foreign country, well at least not yet.

The danger is the same as for the U.K., losing its independency to make their own decisions.
National soeveranity has been transferred to the EU.

At least you had a referendum, you had a vote. We’ve had nothing of the kind.
Not even in parliament.
Talking about democracy.

And the repercussions were never really discussed properly.
As if they didn’t exist.

We’re f***ed.

I really do hope not.
But there isn’t a danger for Holland to be occupied by a foreign country, well at least not yet.

The danger is the same as for the U.K., losing its independency to make their own decisions.

Not even in parliament.
Talking about democracy.

As if they didn’t exist.

We’re f***ed.
It definitely feels like we're all living in an invaded country. But let me tell you, it won't be for long.

I do feel you though, I heard the Dutch PM speaking with the Irish (whatever he is) lol and he said "I don't intellectually understand Brexit". Oh dear :(

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/8...-UK-EU-European-Union-Ireland-Norther-Ireland

It definitely feels like we're all living in an invaded country. But let me tell you, it won't be for long.

I do feel you though, I heard the Dutch PM speaking with the Irish (whatever he is) lol and he said "I don't intellectually understand Brexit". Oh dear :(

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/8...-UK-EU-European-Union-Ireland-Norther-Ireland

I think he meant to say that as in his own historic view as he believes U.K., Ireland, Scotland and Wales belong to Europe. Not really geographically but as in civilization.
He studied History.

But many people here in Holland see him as a representative of the interests of the big companies where ever they are.

And don’t forget with all the Brexit stuff going on he surely is lobbying for banks and personnel to come to Amsterdam making a point about the lower costs compared to London.

In a way you could say he is fighting for the interests of his own country but they are surely not the interests of the average common people at both sides of the channel or the North Sea.

If the banks and other financial companies, law firms etcetera would leave again to some other country he would say, that’s liberty for you!

I think he meant to say that as in his own historic view as he believes U.K., Ireland, Scotland and Wales belong to Europe. Not really geographically but as in civilization.
He studied History.

But many people here in Holland see him as a representative of the interests of the big companies where ever they are.

And don’t forget with all the Brexit stuff going on he surely is lobbying for banks and personnel to come to Amsterdam making a point about the lower costs compared to London.

In a way you could say he is fighting for the interests of his own country but they are surely not the interests of the average common people at both sides of the channel or the North Sea.

If the banks and other financial companies, law firms etcetera would leave again to some other country he would say, that’s liberty for you!
I hope he isn't banking on huge numbers leaving London lol France had the same idea :lbf: A few will, granted, because they need to, but otherwise it's business as usual - just ask the CEO of Goldman Sachs :D

I really hope you get at least a referendum on EU membership (depending on how long it lasts) :thumb:

I hope he isn't banking on huge numbers leaving London lol France had the same idea :lbf: A few will, granted, because they need to, but otherwise it's business as usual - just ask the CEO of Goldman Sachs :D

I really hope you get at least a referendum on EU membership (depending on how long it lasts) :thumb:

I don’t have to ask. I know.
By the way, the president of the Euro bank comes from Goldman Sachs.
What more do you need to know as if you didn’t already.

For those people and all other powerful and obscenely rich it is ALWAYS business as usual.

An aspect of history maybe overlooked by our prime minister during his study.
Or he has ideological brainwashed himself.

Both options are very well possible.

I really do hope not.

Not even in parliament.
Talking about democracy.

As if they didn’t exist.

We’re f***ed.

Sadly smaller nations which have found themselves voting against the interests of the EU have been invited to have another vote until they get the right answer.

It is only the relative political and economic strength of the UK that had allowed us to continue on this course, and even we have been under constant pressure to backtrack. Yanis Varoufaukis, the one time Greek finance minister, wrote of the way the EU brought immense pressure on his nation to bow to the troika. It was really quite sinister. A smaller nation would have little or no chance. A club you cannot leave isn’t really worth joining.

I think what this process has proved to me is that for a number of decades some British politicians, of all parties, have betrayed the interests of this country and its people.

I don’t have to ask. I know.
By the way, the president of the Euro bank comes from Goldman Sachs.
What more do you need to know as if you didn’t already.

For those people and all other powerful and obscenely rich it is ALWAYS business as usual.

An aspect of history maybe overlooked by our prime minister during his study.
Or he has ideological brainwashed himself.

Both options are very well possible.
Indeed. They threatened us and lied that all these people would leave and take their businesses with them and yet Goldman Sachs decided to open a new HQ in London *DESPITE* Brexit lol

I promise you ALL will change in the coming years.

Sadly smaller nations which have found themselves voting against the interests of the EU have been invited to have another vote until they get the right answer.

It is only the relative political and economic strength of the UK that had allowed us to continue on this course, and even we have been under constant pressure to backtrack. Yanis Varoufaukis, the one time Greek finance minister, wrote of the way the EU brought immense pressure on his nation to bow to the troika. It was really quite sinister. A smaller nation would have little or no chance. A club you cannot leave isn’t really worth joining.

I think what this process has proved to me is that for a number of decades some British politicians, of all parties, have betrayed the interests of this country and its people.
Career politicians - lovely aren't they.

...with the Irish (whatever he is) lol
DtMFtt1.jpg

I always knew Lewis Hamilton was an irritating little twat, but we have officially just lost him. Scrap his MBE for saying what he feels? Get a GRIP.

He has now given in and apologised for saying it afterwards. What has happened to the world?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp.../Lewis-Hamilton-criticised-putting-child.html

He clearly is making fun of the situation in a totally harmless way but in this day and age you cannot do that and everyone will be on the case just like you. I long for the days when peoples private lives were private but boredom makes people post their private life online cause they reckon it is better to be hated than not noticed at all.

He clearly is making fun of the situation in a totally harmless way but in this day and age you cannot do that and everyone will be on the case just like you. I long for the days when peoples private lives were private but boredom makes people post their private life online cause they reckon it is better to be hated than not noticed at all.
Yes he was but if he feels, or wants to say, boys don't wear princess dresses then he is free to do so. These dangerous people were straight on him and he buckled under the pressure. I strongly detest Lewis Hamilton but he was correct in the first instance and shouldn't have apologised.

Yes he was but if he feels, or wants to say, boys don't wear princess dresses then he is free to do so. These dangerous people were straight on him and he buckled under the pressure. I strongly detest Lewis Hamilton but he was correct in the first instance and shouldn't have apologised.

Is one allowed to say that so openly as you just did?

LOL

Is one allowed to say that so openly as you just did?

LOL
My point is, he, and anybody else for that matter, should be able to say what they feel without having to retract or apologise afterwards. We have this alt-left group dictating how we should run our lives and what we should say and not say. Famous people are easy targets for them, it is interesting to see who buckles and who doesn't :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom