Brit/pol/ #1: second attempt edition

Martin Schulz: We want the United States of Europe.

I will never personally forget when he said - "The UK belongs to the EU".

Last edited:
Interesting deal, although seems to give a huge amount of power over the UK to a future Northern Ireland executive. At the same time it just really pushes the border problem further into the future.

It seems that a lot of people probably misunderstood the motivations of the DUP considering they're happy that Single Market and Customs Union compliance (in NI, and by extension the rest of the UK since no sea border) looks like it's going to be the default option.

Last edited:
Interesting deal, although seems to give a huge amount of power over the UK to a future Northern Ireland executive. At the same time it just really pushes the border problem further into the future.

It seems that a lot of people probably misunderstood the motivations of the DUP considering that they're happy that Single Market and Customs Union compliance looks like it's going to be the default option.
It's complete BULLSHIT. Democracy GONE just like that. On the bright side, looks like we may have the new cross-party party with Nigel, Arron, Mogg and maybe Ian c***an Smith, starting VERY soon indeed. But this is 100% the death of the Tory party (again one good thing).

Most Tories have been doing the old, bullshit, repeat, bullshit, repeat, etc today. This has worked in the past, but not now. They are fooked as a party and we all know that (as is Labour)

Shyness, I thought you were in love with the famous Trumpian and cabaret turn, Mogg. He's a Tory.
Labour is our only hope. (I have no idea why I should put this bit in because I know you are very right wing and know that Jez must scare the shit out you so this will only serve to annoy. Sorry.)

Peterb, yes Mogg is a Tory. But he is unlike any other Tory I have ever known. He is a man of principal and loyalty and he bloody well sticks to them! (let's see in the coming days, his silence is deafening, which is a good thing) He set out his own red lines with regards hag May, they have been crossed officially today, so he now has the ability to put this loyalty towards May to bed and make a leadership challenge (if any Tory MPs have their backbone still intact).

I did think today, the only way to punish these bastards is to vote Labour, as we are f***ed either way as it stands today. They MUST be punished for this. They make me sick. I wish somebody would fiddle with her medicine or something if she won't f*** off voluntarily. That is how angry am I today!

Just because I am not left or far-left, does not make me right wing. I am somewhere in the middle. People will now vote far-right though after today. Waiting for news from Mogg, Farage, Arron etc on the new party.

Shyness, I thought you were in love with the famous Trumpian and cabaret turn, Mogg. He's a Tory.
Labour is our only hope. (I have no idea why I should put this bit in because I know you are very right wing and know that Jez must scare the shit out you so this will only serve to annoy. Sorry.)

Peterb, yes Mogg is a Tory. But he is unlike any other Tory I have ever known. He is a man of principal and loyalty and he bloody well sticks to them! (let's see in the coming days, his silence is deafening, which is a good thing) He set out his own red lines with regards hag May, they have been crossed officially today, so he now has the ability to put this loyalty towards May to bed and make a leadership challenge (if any Tory MPs have their backbone still intact).

I did think today, the only way to punish these bastards is to vote Labour, as we are f***ed either way as it stands today. They MUST be punished for this. They make me sick. I wish somebody would fiddle with her medicine or something if she won't f*** off voluntarily. That is how angry am I today!

Just because I am not left or far-left, does not make me right wing. I am somewhere in the middle. People will now vote far-right though after today. Waiting for news from Mogg, Farage, Arron etc on the new party.
Sorry about the 'far right' jibe. That was snide.
But do you think Farage and Might actually care about people?
You may hate Jez but you cannot deny that throughout his career he has consistently fought for the rights of the common person.
All Mogg and Farage talk about is Europe and sovereignty etc. There is no humanity in them.
(I don't expect you to miraculously agree with me. Just letting you know what the 'enemy' thinks).

It's complete BULLSHIT. Democracy GONE just like that.
The thing is, the referendum didn't set out exactly what Leave meant.

It was always going to be open to negotiation, and the democratic will of some leavers for a hard Brexit doesn't mean they automatically get their way.

It's impossible to say that a soft Brexit is a denial of democracy when it wasn't even clear what was being voted for.

Sorry about the 'far right' jibe. That was snide.
But do you think Farage and Might actually care about people?
You may hate Jez but you cannot deny that throughout his career he has consistently fought for the rights of the common person.
All Mogg and Farage talk about is Europe and sovereignty etc. There is no humanity in them.
(I don't expect you to miraculously agree with me. Just letting you know what the 'enemy' thinks).
I don't know what you have been reading / watching, but you are completely wrong about both of them. They are both about liberty! I'm not a Tory voter or lover of the party, I am a Mogg lover. This is a Brexit government. The only thing I am concerned about right now is Brexit. We can't get this time back.

Problem with the current 'Labour' is, it is in fact Labour. People can't see what it is actually like to have a Labour government. They only see Tony vile piece of filth Blair (Tory in disguise). I don't want to see this country dragged back to where it was before Thatcher. This is why we need a cross-party government. I would like to see something introduced where the people vote (in an easy way of course) on nearly everything in parliament.

The thing is, the referendum didn't set out exactly what Leave meant.

It was always open to negotiation, and the democratic will of some leavers for a hard Brexit doesn't mean they automatically get their way.

It's impossible to say that a soft Brexit is a denial of democracy when it wasn't even clear what was being voted for.
There is NO such thing as a 'soft' and 'hard' Brexit. We are in, or we are out! And STOP with this didn't know what leaving was. EVERYBODY said we would leave the single market, customs union etc. THE red line for true Brexiteers has been crossed today.

I don't know what you have been reading / watching, but you are completely wrong about both of them. They are both about liberty! I'm not a Tory voter or lover of the party, I am a Mogg lover. This is a Brexit government. The only thing I am concerned about right now is Brexit. We can't get this time back.

Problem with the current 'Labour' is, it is in fact Labour. People can't see what it is actually like to have a Labour government. They only see Tony vile piece of filth Blair (Tory in disguise). I don't want to see this country dragged back to where it was before Thatcher. This is why we need a cross-party government. I would like to see something introduced where the people vote (in an easy way of course) on nearly everything in parliament.
Hi Shyness, I have neither the smarts or energy to engage over this. I don't believe I'm wrong and I strongly disagree (you wouldn't expect anything else I'm sure).
You sound like an eloquent and respectful person and have not let this descend into a slanging match. For that, RESPECT!
May I use the hateful phrase, ' agree to disagree'?

Hi Shyness, I have neither the smarts or energy to engage over this. I don't believe I'm wrong and I strongly disagree (you wouldn't expect anything else I'm sure).
You sound like an eloquent and respectful person and have not let this descend into a slanging match. For that, RESPECT!
May I use the hateful phrase, ' agree to disagree'?

You 'May' :p

I will say this though, if all goes to plan and Jacob is PM, I hope you will see for yourself how wonderful he is.

There is NO such thing as a 'soft' and 'hard' Brexit. We are in, or we are out! And STOP with this didn't know what leaving was. EVERYBODY said we would leave the single market, customs union etc. THE red line for true Brexiteers has been crossed today.
I don't agree really but I can see how this would be objectionable to those in favour of hard brexit.

UK voters back Norway-style Brexit, poll reveals

Farage himself also favourably mentioned a Norway style deal multiple times.

I don't agree really but I can see how this would be objectionable to those in favour of hard brexit.

UK voters back Norway-style Brexit, poll reveals

Farage himself also favourably mentioned a Norway style deal multiple times.
I'm in favour of a REAL Brexit.

UK voters back Norway-style Brexit, poll reveals Where? This includes freedom of mass immigration. Brexiteers don't want that.

Farage himself also favourably mentioned a Norway style deal multiple times He has mentioned it. He is NOT in favour of it.

Nigel in one of his interviews today.

I'm in favour of a REAL Brexit.
Fine, but it's not an autocracy! :)
There are other opinions out there.

UK voters back Norway-style Brexit, poll reveals Where? This includes freedom of mass immigration. Brexiteers don't want that.
Where? Here

June 13, 2016

PRESS RELEASE: YouGov Brexit Poll: 2-to-1 support for EEA option with half of Leave camp supporting Norway-style relationship
  • Almost half of Leavers want Norway option to be considered despite recent claims to the contrary
  • Majority of UK voters would actively support Norway style relationship in immediate aftermath of vote to Leave
  • No clear mandate to reduce immigration at the cost of securing economic stability

Farage himself also favourably mentioned a Norway style deal multiple times He has mentioned it. He is NOT in favour of it.

He did seem to push it a lot before apparently changing his mind though,

Fine, but it's not an autocracy! :)
There are other opinions out there.

Where? Here

He did seem to push it a lot before apparently changing his mind though,

That poll was before the referendum. And I wonder if the 'people' that participated in it, knew that Norway has to accept freedom of mass immigration. Maybe you should watch a full video where Nigel mentions Norway. He mentions Norway because they are not tied to ALL of the EUSSR's rules and regulations. Since last year, I have never heard him, nor any Brexiteers mention they want a Norway style model. The main issue for people voting leave was to end mass immigration. You will not get that with a Norway model.

If it was only about immigration, then that should have been the referendum question.
No point stating otherwise now if people weren't actually asked that question.

From the previous link,

"People’s reasons for leaving the EU are varied and this polling rejects attempts by some commentators to frame the referendum as being about immigration alone. Many Leave voters care about sovereignty and ending Britain's membership of the EU’s common policies far more than they do about immigration. Whatever the result on June 23rd, we will be voting on membership of the European Union, nothing more and nothing less. To pretend that it is “actually” about this or that is simply wrong.”

Last edited:

How I long to hear from JRM, his silence is deafening. Will he go from hero to zero? As an Atheist, I will of course pray he comes through for us...

After hearing Peter Bone (Tory MP) speaking this morning, stating he believes by the spring, we will walk away with a NO DEAL, I feel a bit more relaxed about things. May MUST go before that, enough is ENOUGH.

The new Defense Secretary Gavin Williamson (remainer) has been rumored to be changing his stance and becoming a Brexiteer, this would put the current cabinet at a leave majority (good news). I share his views on how to deal with British ISIS fighters abroad, and I believe he will draw the support from the majority of the public when it comes to terrorism.

A dead terrorist can’t cause any harm to Britain,’ says Gavin Williamson, arguing jihadists should not be allowed back into UK

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...illed-says-defence-secretary-gavin-williamson

Back
Top Bottom