Brit/pol/ #1: second attempt edition

EnochWasRight

'We will pay' Hammond insists UK will 'honour its debts' to the EU in divorce bill row
>PHILIP HAMMOND announced Britain will “honour its debts” to the European Union ahead of his 2017 Budget announcement on Wednesday.
>The Chancellor, who is opposed to Britain’s EU departure, said the Government will, however, “negotiate hard” to minimise the so-called Brexit divorce bill.
>Speaking to the BBC’s Andrew Marr, Mr Hammond also admitted Britain is running out of time to come to an agreement over the divorce settlement if trade negotiations are to start before Christmas.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/8...-Hammond-European-Union-UK-EU-Budget-2017-BBC

Hammond: Driverless cars will be on UK roads by 2021
>Driverless cars could be on UK roads within four years under government plans to invest in the sector.
>Chancellor Philip Hammond told the BBC the objective was to have "fully driverless cars" without a safety attendant on board in use by 2021.
>"Some would say that's a bold move, but we have to embrace these technologies if we want the UK to lead the next industrial revolution," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42040856

UK Weather: Snow forecast next week as chances of White Christmas rocket thanks to 'La Nina effect'
>The chances of there being a 'White Christmas' have rocketed - thanks to 'La Nina effect' - it's been revealed, as snow is set to move into the UK as early as next week.
>Not to be confused with El Nino - during a period of La Nina, sea surface temperatures are lower by three to five degrees Celsius, which has a dramatic effect on introducing more cold air into the weather system.
>And we have one in effect over the North Atlantic right now - which will make it a fiercer winter for all of us.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-snow-forecast-next-11547774

Local Politics for Local People

I’m very happy for the UK to honour its legal debts to the EU, such as they are.

Driverless cars are going to be great. The death toll on the roads will plummet faster than an unemployed lorry driver on a motorway bridge.

I like snow.

APOLOGY ON FAKE NEWS! :D

Last edited:
It would be nice if the rest of the semi-slebs who jumped on this sentience nonsense apologised as well.

It would be nice if the rest of the semi-slebs who jumped on this sentience nonsense apologised as well.
Yes indeed. According to Ian Paisley, a number of Northern Irish Political 'leaders' fell for it but no retraction as of yet :lbf:

Last edited:

In the old days of international diplomacy by familial link he’d have had to marry Angela Merkel.

I hope his dad is happy though. You never hear from that Hewitt fellow any more.

A bright side of this for me is the incoming official death of the British Royal Family. *hopes*

LOL as I call Harry - 'let's not talk about it' :D

In the old days of international diplomacy by familial link he’d have had to marry Angela Merkel.

I hope his dad is happy though. You never hear from that Hewitt fellow any more.

I don’t like either of the Spencer boys, and Charles isn’t much better. When the Queen dies those next in line are deeply unimpressive.

:lbf::lbf::lbf: Oh dear...

Noel Gallagher: "f*** Jeremy Corbyn. He's a Communist

http://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-...source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nme

Corbyn's mate - JM Shadow Chancellor

Last edited:
LOL, who would have guessed that trying to impose a drastic and ill thought out change on parts of the UK that didn't vote for it would end badly.

There was a chance to have a working Brexit but it's not going to happen this way. Planning would have needed to start 5 years ago at least, and with less of the fractious influence of populist demagogues along the way.

Now the UK is facing the very real prospect of a slow-motion break up of the Union.

Last edited:
LOL, who would have guessed that trying to impose a drastic and ill thought out change on parts of the UK that didn't vote for it would end badly.

There was a chance to have a working Brexit but it's not going to happen this way. Planning would have needed to start 5 years ago at least.

Now the UK is facing a very real prospect of the slow-motion break up of the Union.
UK voted as a whole not in four parts. I'm counting down the days... Mogg in May out! And... NO DEAL :D

Back
Top Bottom