Brisbane - Convention Centre (Dec. 17, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by an anonymous person and Pokey.

• Morrissey's old-school gig full of strut and drama, review by Sean Sennett - The Australian. Link posted by Librarian On Fire.
  • Morrissey @ Brisbane Convention Centre, review by heidimaier - samesame.com.au. Photos (30 total) by Elliot Tonks. Link posted by MORRIZSEY.

brisbane.jpg

Last edited:
Morrissey was awesome in Brisbane tonight. He sang magnificently, was chatty, introduced the band and even took some questions from the audience. I asked him how his Mum was and he laughed twice and said "this is not the time or the place". He also threw his shirt into the crowd and after a mad scrsmble a guy just in front of me emerged victorious. Well done mate! Was certainly worth the wait to finally see him live! Kudos to the band too especially Boz who played brilliantly with a broken arm.

So much fun!

Sorry to have missed the memo, but whats the story with Boz's arm? I just saw a couple pictures on Facebook of him in a sling and with a NASTY bruise? Is it really broken? How does one even play guitar with a broken arm? :guitar:

I appreciate his determination to continue playing........ but if it's really broken, can he really keep this up? Granted, they have a two and a half weeks off after the AUS dates, but I wonder if they are going to call in an understudy for the first couple weeks of the US dates.

Last edited:
Morrissey was awesome in Brisbane tonight. He sang magnificently, was chatty, introduced the band and even took some questions from the audience. I asked him how his Mum was and he laughed twice and said "this is not the time or the place". He also threw his shirt into the crowd and after a mad scrsmble a guy just in front of me emerged victorious. Well done mate! Was certainly worth the wait to finally see him live! Kudos to the band too especially Boz who played brilliantly with a broken arm.

So much fun!

Setlist

BBQism begins at home
How soon is cow
Every day is Sunday roast
I know its Jamie Oliver
Ouija chopping board
Let me sizzle you
Black beef
Throwing my arms around carcass
Redondo beach meat
First of the herd to die
Your the one for me turkey
Chop fillets of the world
Heat your meat
We hate it when our Kate
Sweet and tender lamb
Veal let you know
You have grilled me

Encore
Your the one pork fatty
Still grill/Mums ill

why couldn`t the concert in cascais go on then this summer, with the back problems of the bass player, everebody thought it was a miserably lie anyway.

Setlist

BBQism begins at home
How soon is cow
I know its Jamie Oliver
Ouija chopping board
Let me sizzle you
Black beef
Redondo beach meat
First of the herd to die
Heat your meat
We hate it when our Kate
Sweet and tender lamb
Veal let you know
You have grilled me

Encore
Your the one pork fatty
Still grill/Mums ill

After all that, you'd think the last encore song would be Now My Stomach is Full.

I asked Boz about his arm on his facebook page and he stated that it is fractured and that it is painful to play. So, not broken, only fractured. Hoping that he is able to continue the tour, although certainly don't want him to further injure himself.

Sorry to have missed the memo, but whats the story with Boz's arm? I just saw a couple pictures on Facebook of him in a sling and with a NASTY bruise? Is it really broken? How does one even play guitar with a broken arm? :guitar:

I appreciate his determination to continue playing........ but if it's really broken, can he really keep this up? Granted, they have a two and a half weeks off after the AUS dates, but I wonder if they are going to call in an understudy for the first couple weeks of the US dates.

Setlist

BBQism begins at home
How soon is cow
I know its Jamie Oliver
Ouija chopping board
Let me sizzle you
Black beef
Redondo beach meat
First of the herd to die
Heat your meat
We hate it when our Kate
Sweet and tender lamb
Veal let you know
You have grilled me

Encore
Your the one pork fatty
Still grill/Mums ill

I'd say well done but you kinda strike me as a medium rare kind of guy.

Does anyone have the official set list other than this lame meat joke one?

- marred.

- marred.
Sorry, I can't give the specific order as my head is still a bit jumbled! But it was the same set as Auckland with the exception of Black Cloud, and the addition of One day goodbye will be farewell. He opened with Shoplifters and the encore was First of the gang.

Very, very happy with the night.

- marred.

According to setlistfm it was:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite
You Have Killed Me
You're The One For Me, Fatty
Alma Matters
Speedway
Everyday Is Like Sunday
How Soon Is Now?
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
To Give (The Reason I Live)
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
Still Ill
Irish Blood, English Heart
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
I Know It's Over
November Spawned A Monster
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Encore:
First Of The Gang To Die

I asked Boz about his arm on his facebook page and he stated that it is fractured and that it is painful to play. So, not broken, only fractured. Hoping that he is able to continue the tour, although certainly don't want him to further injure himself.

Fractured is broken. In America anyway.:confused:

Australia - Convention Centre (Dec. 17 22)

I saw him in Wellington, NZ at the Town Hall. When Billy Bragg played here recently, he told the story of staying at Morrissey's house. Morrissey had kindly put plastic sheets onto the bed as protection. Is that Billy's fault or Morrissey's.

Although not relevant here in NZ, I would love to here 'Panic' just for the line ' hang the D.J., hang the D.J.' in relation to the two artificially humour inseminated D.J'.s who were instrumental in the death of the Royal nurse.

Great show to see.

Please forgive my ramblings - I haven't slept much and my brain is sore... but, what a truly brilliant night!! First words were something like "Let Me Spit This OUT", then launched in Shoplifters. I was standing 2 rows back directly in front of the mic - from where I was, the crowd, at first, seemed somewhat overwhelmed and a little starstruck, but after a few songs were energetic, very vocal, and having an awesome time.

Morrissey sounded amazing - probably the best he's ever sounded IMO and the band were far better than I expected - the new drummer seems to have better groove and taste than the previous drummers - and the rest of the band were tight & not too 'noisy' which was nice. As reported, Boz had a crook arm, but it didn't seem to affect the sound in any way.

Morrissey was very chatty and was very gracious and amused when teased about his 'Jockey' style shirt. A few hecklers (all were English) seemed to get on his nerves toward the end - and during 'I Know It's Over' he pointed and stared at one bloke while he sang the lines 'If you're so clever, then why you're on your own tonight'. At one point, he asked the crowd - "Why do you laugh at everything I say" (crowd laughed) he then added something like "I only ever speak with meaning and intelligence" (crowd are silent and serious). Morrissey then cracks up laughing before starting the next song.

Before the last song, Morrissey stated "This may be your last chance - ever" Which was an obvious invite for people to scramble onto the stage. Quite a few people made it on stage during the last song which was nice to see and Morrissey genuinely appreciated the effort made by the brave ones (I'm nursing a sore knee due to missing the stage and landing on the floor - though Morrissey came over and helped me up and shook my hand :)

I asked for a setlist, but apparently they weren't allowed to hand them out because each one has the artists name and "If one goes missing the band will be in trouble" Pfft - whatever... All in all, a very special night - Sydney and Melbourne should expect nothing less than perfect after what Brisbane experienced!!

Thank you to those who have provided great details and pictures from these shows! January won't come soon enough. I hope Boz will be on board and feeling much better. I've broken both arms AND my left ankle - I know it isn't easy for him to play in that kind of pain. Can't imagine a show without him, tho!

Thanks for the review stew77. Sounds like you has a great time !!
Why on earth would anyone pay for a Moz show and then become a HECKLER ?? What a dirtball !

Setlist

BBQism begins at home
How soon is cow
I know its Jamie Oliver
Ouija chopping board
Let me sizzle you
Black beef
Redondo beach meat
First of the herd to die