Brisbane - Convention Centre (Dec. 17, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by an anonymous person and Pokey.

• Morrissey's old-school gig full of strut and drama, review by Sean Sennett - The Australian. Link posted by Librarian On Fire.
  • Morrissey @ Brisbane Convention Centre, review by heidimaier - samesame.com.au. Photos (30 total) by Elliot Tonks. Link posted by MORRIZSEY.

brisbane.jpg

Last edited:
Setlist

BBQism begins at home
How soon is cow
Every day is Sunday roast
I know its Jamie Oliver
Ouija chopping board
Let me sizzle you
Black beef
Throwing my arms around carcass
Redondo beach meat
First of the herd to die
Your the one for me turkey
Chop fillets of the world
Heat your meat
We hate it when our Kate
Sweet and tender lamb
Veal let you know
You have grilled me

Encore
Your the one pork fatty
Still grill/Mums ill

Yep playin right into the Royal's hands!!!! Morrissey the so called veggie ???? Touring a BBQ Nation!!!!! You could'nt make it up, what a plonker!!!!!

Just a simply breathtaking performance from Morrissey and the band. His vocals were practically flawless. He's in fine form. Outstanding song selection keeping in mind how rare it is for us poor folk down under to receive a visit from the man. I wasn't surprised by the modest attendance. I heard sweet FA about the concert from the original announcement right to the night of the gig. Was there ANY promotion???! Those that were there were truly appreciative and responsive even if it took them a few songs to "loosen up". To be honest I think a lot of the audience were simply too much in awe at the start to be carrying on like maniacs. They (like me) were just soaking up his presence.

Moz was delightful throughout and happy to engage. It was great to hear his recognition of the work being done in Australia by various groups to fight factory farming. And I was especially pleased to see just how young the stage invaders were. To this day Morrissey obviously still means a hell of a lot to people of all ages!

All in all a perfect night. And luckily for yours truly I'll get to do it all again on Saturday at what should be a very special occassion at the Sydney Opera House!!!

I was lucky enough to see the Smiths three times, including my first ever gig at the university of Liverpool student union, and they have been my favourite band ever since. I must confess, I have not been the biggest Morrissey fan since the Smiths broke up.

At 5pm on the night of this gig I decided to take the plunge and attend the the show and I must admit I was very impressed. There were just enough people in the crowd to create a great atmosphere but not too many so as to make it impersonal, making it feel like a proper gig. I would agree with a previous comment that his voice was superb, his stage presence was huge, the band were very tight and his sense of humour was refreshing.

I especially liked his story about being left traumatised after watching Rockwiz the previous evening when the panel were asked to name an artist with one name starting with the letter M. After six answers no one had mentioned Morrissey at which time he stated "welcome to Australia!". I thought that was laugh out loud funny.

As the concert progressed the crowd and the atmosphere became increasingly light hearted, I just missed catching the black shirt he threw into the crowd moments earlier when Morrissey walked back on stage in a silk lime green zip up polo shirt the likes of which has never been seen on the streets of Salford and which would not look out of place on a Sheikh Mohammad mount. I couldn't contain my dry northern sense of humour and before I knew it I asked if he was training as a jockey. For a few seconds you could hear a pin drop followed by his response which was superb - "I think it is quite stylish actually" he quipped followed by "well they liked it in New Zealand".

There were another few questions from the crowd, all in good humour, and he appeared to revel in the few minutes of light hearted conversation the likes of which would not have been possible in a larger venue. Though out the next song he could clearly be seen laughing to himself. Priceless.

This show was without doubt the best I have been to in years and I sincerely doubt that he will give a better one in Australia this time around. Here's hoping the handsome devil does not retire at 55 as threatened but if he does I pray that we all get the chance to see him again in the not too distant future, hopefully with, Marr, Rourke and Joyce in tow! I would definately travel to see that one.

Last edited:
I think the main reason is he played the Enmore theater in Sydney last time he was here and said he loved the place and if an artist gets the chance to play the Opera house you don't pas it up. It's a privilege to play there.

- marred.

thx for responding

the opera house is that that building in the harbour lots of windows it has sorta 3 waves, the roof?

the Opera house that is on every postcard from Sydney?

oops:blushing:

well check meself

thx

[edit-checked/doublechecked]

Yes it's the famous building, but I guess there are more venues/mult-used building... in that worldfamous Opera House, but indeed it's an honour to play there.

' and they say he's mentall'

:crazy:

Last edited:
Before the last song, Morrissey stated "This may be your last chance - ever" Which was an obvious invite for people to scramble onto the stage. Quite a few people made it on stage during the last song which was nice to see and Morrissey genuinely appreciated the effort made by the brave ones (I'm nursing a sore knee due to missing the stage and landing on the floor - though Morrissey came over and helped me up and shook my hand :)

Hey stew77, think you might have been in front of me, check out 30 seconds in or 1:10 in.

http://youtu.be/lEB28AXCzdk?t=2m10s

Part of Still Ill. Phone took a few seconds to focus so added a few shots of the iron bridge from my trip in 2009 for the 50th birthday gig. Check out Boz in the corner with guitar mounted on a stand, I've never seen him so quiet. Won't be playing 'When I last spoke to Carol' for a while.

http://youtu.be/EUa543zBPek

Last edited:
Re: Can I sing now?

Did he say anything about the forthcoming turkey massacre and little pigs in blankets ?
Or was he avoiding the subject.

he replaced a line in meat is murder with as you slice into your festive something or other (can't remember the exact word) it is murder

First words brisbane concert

Hello there,,anyone went on the 17th december to see brisbane concert ? On the begining after making the salute with all members of the band, he said a few words i think in latin like priest but with dominant voice like a dictator...very unique i should had recordered...anyone knows what he said ? Many thanks......

Last edited:
Thank you to those who have provided great details and pictures from these shows! January won't come soon enough. I hope Boz will be on board and feeling much better. I've broken both arms AND my left ankle - I know it isn't easy for him to play in that kind of pain. Can't imagine a show without him, tho!

hi hand in glove,,,is tommy77 i was in brisbane concert but far on the back...he made a comment that he turned on the tv and rocwiz was on and that they did'nt talk about him...did he get jealous or upset about ???? all the best

hi..anyone went to brisbane concert on the 17th december ?? i could not understand much about the comment he made after the song ouija board, ouija board about rockwiz...he said he turned on the tv and no one talk about him...what he was upset of ??? many thanks....merry christmas to everyone...

Your 'ramblings' are very coherent and accurate. Morrissey fans usually speak with "meaning and intelligence".
(I think I met you in the line before the show - after you had spoken to the security staff.)

I shook the great man's hand 3 times!!! Maybe he appreciated my enthusiasm. I'll accept his attention as a reward for 29 years of devotion.

The best concert of my life.

hi..anyone went to brisbane concert on the 17th december ?? i could not understand much about the comment he made after the song ouija board, ouija board about rockwiz...he said he turned on the tv and no one talk about him...what he was upset of ??? many thanks....merry christmas to everyone...

I turned on the TV and there was a rock quiz show on, with the original name Rockwiz. They asked, "name an artist with a one word name starting with M" , the first answer was predictable and the second, but they gave six answers and I was not mentioned. WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA!

Last edited:

Theres more 2 life than kristeen young ya know, but not much more !
:)

There's SO much more to life than KY! She doesn't even rate on most people's radar. A simple, wanna be hanger on, but we all knew this.

Back
Top Bottom