Brisbane - Convention Centre (Dec. 17, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by an anonymous person and Pokey.

• Morrissey's old-school gig full of strut and drama, review by Sean Sennett - The Australian. Link posted by Librarian On Fire.
  • Morrissey @ Brisbane Convention Centre, review by heidimaier - samesame.com.au. Photos (30 total) by Elliot Tonks. Link posted by MORRIZSEY.

brisbane.jpg

Last edited:
What merc has been for sale on the tour so far ?

New merc for the Oz leg

Morrissey marinade
Morrissey nude bbq apron (seven inch vinyl modesty) pic
Horizontal guitar stands
BBQism begins at home cookbook

Can I sing now?

Last night something terrible happened to me. I switched on television and there was this show called Rock Quiz. One of the question was: name a singer whose name begins with an M and is a single name. People said this, and that, and this and that, and this and that... But nothing about me... Welcome to Australia'
Welcome to Australia indeed.
Tour Merchandising was interesting: England is mine + Penguin book + Rockab Tshirts and vintage accessories.. Nice people met during the traditional queuing meditation. Perfect musical intros as usual (Videos: Shocking Blue, Small Faces, Nico, Francoise Hardy, NY Dolls, The Sparks and a german duet from what I recall). Kristeen Young was a little bit touchy and responded with bitterness to the one who wanted to marry her. Personally, I wouldn't venture asking that question to this lady. Morrissey setlist was pretty good & balanced. I thought the jokes from one of the blokes behind me about meat jerky could have jeopardized the whole concert. Morrissey responded something like 'You're clever, we understood'. The crowd was inactive, as usual for a non-english or non-latino venue... Morrissey was appalled by the T-shirt from a lady besides me representing Moz with a Mayhem Black metal logo. Nice shirt by the way. The music was excellent. Not too loud and very well orchestred. Same Peta animal video during Meat is murder. Long introduction for Please, please, please, with Jesse playing the tune on and on, and Morrissey teasing the crowd with few back and forth with the audience. Morrissey ended by 'Can i sing now? and read the back cover from the Visconti DVD which was hande over by a fan: the lines started by 'Good times for a change...'. In fact, Morrissey did not change and still remains a legend. My one and only venue for this tour, sadly. Enjoy.
yann

The only bad thing about the show was it had to finish. After loving him for twenty odd years this was my first live experience of Moz and he lived up to all my expectations. He gives so much in his performance. And he is so charming & funny! Would have loved to hear Action is my middle name (his new unrealeased stuff is brilliant). Bring on Melb and Syd (going to both-so excited).

the best concert of my entire life...i love you morrissey..thanks for to be yourself

Setlist

BBQism begins at home
How soon is cow
Every day is Sunday roast
I know its Jamie Oliver
Ouija chopping board
Let me sizzle you
Black beef
Throwing my arms around carcass
Redondo beach meat
First of the herd to die
Your the one for me turkey
Chop fillets of the world
Heat your meat
We hate it when our Kate
Sweet and tender lamb
Veal let you know
You have grilled me

Encore
Your the one pork fatty
Still grill/Mums ill

Bring back There is a lighter (for the barbie)

Re: Can I sing now?

Last night something terrible happened to me. I switched on television and there was this show called Rock Quiz. One of the question was: name a singer whose name begins with an M and is a single name. People said this, and that, and this and that, and this and that... But nothing about me... Welcome to Australia'
Welcome to Australia indeed.
Tour Merchandising was interesting: England is mine + Penguin book + Rockab Tshirts and vintage accessories.. Nice people met during the traditional queuing meditation. Perfect musical intros as usual (Videos: Shocking Blue, Small Faces, Nico, Francoise Hardy, NY Dolls, The Sparks and a german duet from what I recall). Kristeen Young was a little bit touchy and responded with bitterness to the one who wanted to marry her. Personally, I wouldn't venture asking that question to this lady. Morrissey setlist was pretty good & balanced. I thought the jokes from one of the blokes behind me about meat jerky could have jeopardized the whole concert. Morrissey responded something like 'You're clever, we understood'. The crowd was inactive, as usual for a non-english or non-latino venue... Morrissey was appalled by the T-shirt from a lady besides me representing Moz with a Mayhem Black metal logo. Nice shirt by the way. The music was excellent. Not too loud and very well orchestred. Same Peta animal video during Meat is murder. Long introduction for Please, please, please, with Jesse playing the tune on and on, and Morrissey teasing the crowd with few back and forth with the audience. Morrissey ended by 'Can i sing now? and read the back cover from the Visconti DVD which was hande over by a fan: the lines started by 'Good times for a change...'. In fact, Morrissey did not change and still remains a legend. My one and only venue for this tour, sadly. Enjoy.
yann

Did he say anything about the forthcoming turkey massacre and little pigs in blankets ?
Or was he avoiding the subject.

thanks for revieuws and all

but I wonder why not add 1 Adelaide date and 1 Sydney instead of 2 in Sydney

oh yeah Boz his broken arm, stupidsponteneous thought

Waving to doc. Kate K.

Re: Can I sing now?

Is this a quote of his? Thanks for the review. Thanks to all the people reviewing the gigs, actually. :flowers:

The only bad thing about the show was it had to finish. After loving him for twenty odd years this was my first live experience of Moz and he lived up to all my expectations. He gives so much in his performance. And he is so charming & funny! Would have loved to hear Action is my middle name (his new unrealeased stuff is brilliant). Bring on Melb and Syd (going to both-so excited).

sad son,

His new unreleased stuff is clearly not "brilliant".

we'll let you know.

thanks for revieuws and all

but I wonder why not add 1 Adelaide date and 1 Sydney instead of 2 in Sydney

oh yeah Boz his broken arm, stupidsponteneous thought

Waving to doc. Kate K.

I think the main reason is he played the Enmore theater in Sydney last time he was here and said he loved the place and if an artist gets the chance to play the Opera house you don't pas it up. It's a privilege to play there.

- marred.

Highlights:
* Kristeen Young - wasted on most of Brisbane
* Moz story about watching Rockwiz and none of the contestants choosing the obvious answer in response to a question about a single name singer beginning with M
* swipe at William and Kate
* minimal, achingly beautiful version of Please, Please, Please
* Moz genuinely moved by an audience member thanking him for his animal rights advocacy
* Boz's stoicism
* those pink and grey ensembles sported by the band
Lowlights:
* loud uber fan in the pink shirt shouting out "Kate Bush" to Kristeen Young
* nasty security throwing stage divers around like rag dolls
* hottest day in Brisbane since 1940 (apparently)
* $45 bucks for a t-shirt made in Indonesia - hmmmm
* the Convention Centre should have been packed - it wasn't
* all these wanky meaty setlists
Prediction - Moz's last time in Australia :(
With pleasure ... they call him Benito

Kristeen Young is wasted on most people.

Do love this line which is taken from the above link,

When a fan in the front row comments on the shirt, he laughs and says: “The shirt? Well, they liked it in New Zealand!”

Cheeky sod!

Highlights:
* Kristeen Young - wasted on most of Brisbane
* Moz story about watching Rockwiz and none of the contestants choosing the obvious answer in response to a question about a single name singer beginning with M
* swipe at William and Kate
* minimal, achingly beautiful version of Please, Please, Please
* Moz genuinely moved by an audience member thanking him for his animal rights advocacy
* Boz's stoicism
* those pink and grey ensembles sported by the band
Lowlights:
* loud uber fan in the pink shirt shouting out "Kate Bush" to Kristeen Young
* nasty security throwing stage divers around like rag dolls
* hottest day in Brisbane since 1940 (apparently)
* $45 bucks for a t-shirt made in Indonesia - hmmmm
* the Convention Centre should have been packed - it wasn't
* all these wanky meaty setlists
Prediction - Moz's last time in Australia :(
With pleasure ... they call him Benito

Please please please tell me the t-shirts are not made in Indonesia !!!!!
If that is true DO NOT BUY

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom