Bring on the Rangers!

Todays result means a poor Cheating FC side will probably win the SPL.

Failing to score is costing us dearly. As did man of the match - Stuart McDougal.

In the 21st minute, Whittaker fouled Scott Brown in the box. The ball was then carried over the goal-line by the fully fit McGergor. Result - Celtic stonewall penalty denied, no red card for Whittaker, Rangers awarded goal kick and Vennegoor booked.

Injury time of 3 minutes was played. This was made up of five 2nd half subs (5 x 30secs) plus 3mins 38 secs stopage time for treatment of cheat Kevin Thompson, for his self-inflicted injury. This cheat was already on a yellow card when he dived. Why was he not given a red for cheating? Just as Darcheville wasn't punished for diving. We all already know. We can carry on pretending that bigotry in Scotland is a conspiricy and that things even themselves out.

Just because laptop loyalist Alan Carson from The Hun says Celtic fans are about to be punished by UEFA does not make it true.

Carry on. Don't let facts get in the way.

Failing to score is costing us dearly. As did man of the match - Stuart McDougal.

In the 21st minute, Whittaker fouled Scott Brown in the box. The ball was then carried over the goal-line by the fully fit McGergor. Result - Celtic stonewall penalty denied, no red card for Whittaker, Rangers awarded goal kick and Vennegoor booked.

Injury time of 3 minutes was played. This was made up of five 2nd half subs (5 x 30secs) plus 3mins 38 secs stopage time for treatment of cheat Kevin Thompson, for his self-inflicted injury. This cheat was already on a yellow card when he dived. Why was he not given a red for cheating? Just as Darchevialle wasn't punished for diving. We all already know. We can carry on pretending that bigotry in Scotland is a conspiricy and that things even themselves out.

Just because laptop loyalist Alan Carson from The Hun says Celtic fans are about to be punished by UEFA does not make it true.

You see the scary thing is, i think you actually believe all that stuff. You see Bigotry in Scotland manifests and manifested itself in the fact that poor catholic families were treated like crap, given the worst jobs, the worst housing conditions, paid peanuts, they weren't given jobs because they didn't go to the 'correct' schools and they were treated like second class citizens. THAT, my friend is the manifestation of bigotry where it really matters, i don't think that a multi-million pound football club suffered quite the same, do you?

The way that you take the real problems of bigotry and apply them to your football team is pathetic.

If there is a masonic conspiracy against your club why do you even bother competing? Why are Celtic spending millions on players when they already know that they won't win the league? More money wasted that could be going to those poor catholic families. And this conspiracy you speak of isn't very successful is it? Celtic have won just about the same amount of trophies as Rangers, how can that possibly happen if all the referees and officials are against you? If i was you i'd get on the phone to the chairman, Mr Ried - the guy who trouped into the lobbies at Westminster and voted for the illegal, immoral war, and tell him that you shouldn't bother putting out any money because there's not a hope in hell of the team winning anything while this public, masonic conspiracy to deprive the team of trophies, continues to exist.

I think you're the man for the job.

And Scotland isn't a bitter, divided country. It only is to people who don't realise it's not the 1970's any more and things have changed and they are constantly changing. And the sooner we get rid of Organised Religion and the bullshit it perpetuates, the better. And that includes the bullshit perpetuated by Old Firm fans and the so-called conspiraces that seems to deprive Rangers and Celtic of success, even though they've just about won EVERY trophy in the history of Scottish football between them since the dawn of time. Yes, we have paranoid tossers at Rangers too.

It's time to evolve.

You see the scary thing is, i think you actually believe all that stuff. You see Bigotry in Scotland manifests and manifested itself in the fact that poor catholic families were treated like crap, given the worst jobs, the worst housing conditions, paid peanuts, they weren't given jobs because they didn't go to the 'correct' schools and they were treated like second class citizens. THAT, my friend is the manifestation of bigotry where it really matters, i don't think that a multi-million pound football club suffered quite the same, do you?

The way that you take the real problems of bigotry and apply them to your football team is pathetic.

If there is a masonic conspiracy against your club why do you even bother competing? Why are Celtic spending millions on players when they already know that they won't win the league? More money wasted that could be going to those poor catholic families. And this conspiracy you speak of isn't very successful is it? Celtic have won just about the same amount of trophies as Rangers, how can that possibly happen if all the referees and officials are against you? If i was you i'd get on the phone to the chairman, Mr Ried - the guy who trouped into the lobbies at Westminster and voted for the illegal, immoral war, and tell him that you shouldn't bother putting out any money because there's not a hope in hell of the team winning anything while this public, masonic conspiracy to deprive the team of trophies, continues to exist.

And Scotland isn't a bitter, divided country. It only is to people who don't realise it's not the 1970's any more and things have changed and they are constantly changing. And the sooner we get rid of Organised Religion and the bullshit it perpetuates, the better. And that includes the bullshit perpetuated by Old Firm fans and the so-called conspiraces that seems to deprive Rangers and Celtic of success, even though they've just about won EVERY trophy in the history of Scottish football between them since the dawn of time. Yes, we have paranoid tossers at Rangers too.

It's time to evolve.

Err , Any chance you two could let us win just one measly Scottish cup ?

:D

Injury time of 3 minutes was played. This was made up of five 2nd half subs (5 x 30secs) plus 3mins 38 secs stopage time for treatment of cheat Kevin Thompson, for his self-inflicted injury. This cheat was already on a yellow card when he dived. Why was he not given a red for cheating? Just as Darcheville wasn't punished for diving. We all already know. We can carry on pretending that bigotry in Scotland is a conspiricy and that things even themselves out.

Ignoring the fact that two of Celtic's players should have been sent off, but weren't.

Have Celtic ever lost a game fair and square? At least you can always fall back on your moral victories. :D

The Car Park Awaits

It's time to evolve.

Please don't bring sense into this thread. He's evidently unable to comprehend it.

It's time to evolve.

The tosser comment and subsequently yourself should have been ignored for writing that towards me.

You pretend bigotry doesn't exist or at least have a blinkered view that it is ok at certain levels. The flute bands didn't stop marching in the '70's and bigotry is alive and kicking today. Only yesterday somebody had their throat slit for wearing a Celtic top.

We can both wish religion did not play a part in Scottish football or society but it does.

I hate how Celtic and Rangers are lumped together under the collective term 'Old firm'. They are two separate entities. It's laughable to talk of a anti-Rangers conspiracy. You could expand on that if you wish. It shouldn't take long. Celtic fans generally avoid the term 'old firm' to distance themselves from Rangers. The term is often used against Celtic by lumping us togther with problems concerning them. This article from 'Scotland on Sunday' today demonstrates that a little:

Tom English: Robson: The intriguing riddle of Scotland's fifth man

'ONE BARRY Robson, there's only one Barry Robson". Actually, there are two. There must be. How else can we explain the comments of Gordon Strachan and George Burley last week? This character they both spoke of; crocked in the Cameron House hotel one minute and galloping around Celtic's training ground at Lennoxtown like a man possessed the next. Can't have been the same person, can it?

Strachan says Robson was good to go for Wednesday night's friendly against Croatia; Burley says he wasn't. Burley talked about a knee injury that Robson picked up playing against Gretna last weekend, a blow diagnosed by his medical team, Professor Stewart Hillis and Dr John MacLean, and deemed sufficiently severe to have him sent home to nurse his wound. No 'we'll monitor it over the next 24 hours' and no 'we'll give him every chance to prove his fitness'. No, it was cut and dried. Robson hadn't a prayer of making a recovery in time.

Strachan said he knew nothing about any wound, any injury. His player was "100% fit" he said. The Celtic manager was confused. He scrunched up his face in that way of his and seemed to be wondering, "Robbo? A knee? When? And if he's injured, who's that guy out there sprinting around like a lunatic? Barry, is that really you?"

In the mid-1960s, Muhammad Ali hit Sonny Liston with a punch that nobody saw. Knocked the Big Ugly Bear clean out. He called it the Phantom Punch. Everybody believed that Liston took a dive but Ali fought that talk with everything he had. "I hit so fast I switch off the light and I'm in bed before it's dark," he said. "Wanna see how fast the Phantom Punch is? (Ali stands still and doesn't move a muscle for five seconds) Wanna see it again?"

When did Robson's phantom blow land? Right under Strachan's nose apparently. Right there while he was looking on at Almondvale last Sunday afternoon. Happened after about 10 minutes apparently. Strachan missed it. Fancy that. He'd only 11 men to keep an eye on and he couldn't spot that one of them was struggling with a dodgy knee. This problem was contagious, clearly. The medical staff alongside Strachan in the dugout also didn't see anything untoward about Robson's movement. Neither, it has to be said, did Robson himself. How extraordinary it must have been for him to turn up at the Scotland camp only to be told that not only was he not fit but that he wouldn't be fit in three days' time either.

"What's the problem, doc?"

"It's your knee, son. Look at the state of it."

"Feels okay to me."

"It's like a balloon, man. You cannae play with that."

"Er, really?"

This is a curious business. We read about the controversy of the Old Firm Five last week but, really, there were only four of them. The cases of Barry Ferguson, Lee McCulloch, Christian Dailly and Allan McGregor were altogether different to Robson's. This is surely one of the first instances in the history of friendly international matches where a club offers the services of a player and the country rejects him on the grounds of an alleged dubious injury. This is so back to front it's hard to fathom.

The theories on this are obvious ones. Scotland sent a Celtic man home so as to dilute the effect of all those Rangers guys withdrawing. Hence, it could be billed as the Old Firm Five pulling out and not the Rangers Four. We don't know if that's true or not but it's a hair-raising take on things and not an unreasonable one. Strachan has done nothing to downplay his suspicions in all of this and the SFA have done nothing to quash those suspicions. They say they're waiting for an official complaint from Celtic on the matter. Then they'll investigate.

The Record broke this story on Friday. They sold it as "Celts fury at Robson SFA Riddle". The Celtic hierarchy were said to be furious and demanding an explanation as to why Robson exited the Scotland squad "against his will". We will see just how furious Celtic are. My guess is that they are angry but that they won't make a huge deal of this. Life's too short and all that. And the season's at too critical a point to be sidetracked by issues such as this.

Maybe they will go to war, but I doubt it. If they don't, that shouldn't be the end of it. The SFA ought to be asking a few discreet questions in the background after this. Burley, for one, may be wondering what the hell is going on. He has his medical staff telling him Robson is unfit and Strachan telling the country the opposite. He has the ludicrous spectacle of a player with much to offer being shunted while supposedly pleading to be left to stay in camp and prove that he is ready to play.

A small point here: if Celtic were happy for Robson to stay and Robson was happy to stay, what harm was there in allowing him to stay? Where was the downside? Wasn't Monday a little premature to be making definite calls on his fitness if Celtic were in no mad rush to have him back?

Scottish football is the subject of more storms and furies and outrages than you can shake a stick at and most of them are overblown pieces of nonsense. This is an intriguing one, though. The conflict in opinion on Robson's state of health needs resolving. Somebody is out of line here. And if Celtic don't take the lead in this matter the SFA shouldn't see that as their cue to bury it.

The tosser comment and subsequently yourself should have been ignored for writing that towards me.

You pretend bigotry doesn't exist or at least have a blinkered view that it is ok at certain levels. The flute bands didn't stop marching in the '70's and bigotry is alive and kicking today. Only yesterday somebody had their throat slit for wearing a Celtic top.

We can both wish religion did not play a part in Scottish football or society but it does.

I hate how Celtic and Rangers are lumped together under the collective term 'Old firm'. They are two separate entities. It's laughable to talk of a anti-Rangers conspiracy. You could expand on that if you wish. It shouldn't take long. Celtic fans generally avoid the term 'old firm' to distance themselves from Rangers. The term is often used against Celtic by lumping us togther with problems concerning them. This article from 'Scotland on Sunday' today demonstrates that a little:

'ONE BARRY Robson, there's only one Barry Robson". Actually, there are two. There must be. How else can we explain the comments of Gordon Strachan and George Burley last week? This character they both spoke of; crocked in the Cameron House hotel one minute and galloping around Celtic's training ground at Lennoxtown like a man possessed the next. Can't have been the same person, can it?

Strachan says Robson was good to go for Wednesday night's friendly against Croatia; Burley says he wasn't. Burley talked about a knee injury that Robson picked up playing against Gretna last weekend, a blow diagnosed by his medical team, Professor Stewart Hillis and Dr John MacLean, and deemed sufficiently severe to have him sent home to nurse his wound. No 'we'll monitor it over the next 24 hours' and no 'we'll give him every chance to prove his fitness'. No, it was cut and dried. Robson hadn't a prayer of making a recovery in time.

Strachan said he knew nothing about any wound, any injury. His player was "100% fit" he said. The Celtic manager was confused. He scrunched up his face in that way of his and seemed to be wondering, "Robbo? A knee? When? And if he's injured, who's that guy out there sprinting around like a lunatic? Barry, is that really you?"

In the mid-1960s, Muhammad Ali hit Sonny Liston with a punch that nobody saw. Knocked the Big Ugly Bear clean out. He called it the Phantom Punch. Everybody believed that Liston took a dive but Ali fought that talk with everything he had. "I hit so fast I switch off the light and I'm in bed before it's dark," he said. "Wanna see how fast the Phantom Punch is? (Ali stands still and doesn't move a muscle for five seconds) Wanna see it again?"

When did Robson's phantom blow land? Right under Strachan's nose apparently. Right there while he was looking on at Almondvale last Sunday afternoon. Happened after about 10 minutes apparently. Strachan missed it. Fancy that. He'd only 11 men to keep an eye on and he couldn't spot that one of them was struggling with a dodgy knee. This problem was contagious, clearly. The medical staff alongside Strachan in the dugout also didn't see anything untoward about Robson's movement. Neither, it has to be said, did Robson himself. How extraordinary it must have been for him to turn up at the Scotland camp only to be told that not only was he not fit but that he wouldn't be fit in three days' time either.

"Feels okay to me."

"Er, really?"

This is a curious business. We read about the controversy of the Old Firm Five last week but, really, there were only four of them. The cases of Barry Ferguson, Lee McCulloch, Christian Dailly and Allan McGregor were altogether different to Robson's. This is surely one of the first instances in the history of friendly international matches where a club offers the services of a player and the country rejects him on the grounds of an alleged dubious injury. This is so back to front it's hard to fathom.

The theories on this are obvious ones. Scotland sent a Celtic man home so as to dilute the effect of all those Rangers guys withdrawing. Hence, it could be billed as the Old Firm Five pulling out and not the Rangers Four. We don't know if that's true or not but it's a hair-raising take on things and not an unreasonable one. Strachan has done nothing to downplay his suspicions in all of this and the SFA have done nothing to quash those suspicions. They say they're waiting for an official complaint from Celtic on the matter. Then they'll investigate.

The Record broke this story on Friday. They sold it as "Celts fury at Robson SFA Riddle". The Celtic hierarchy were said to be furious and demanding an explanation as to why Robson exited the Scotland squad "against his will". We will see just how furious Celtic are. My guess is that they are angry but that they won't make a huge deal of this. Life's too short and all that. And the season's at too critical a point to be sidetracked by issues such as this.

Maybe they will go to war, but I doubt it. If they don't, that shouldn't be the end of it. The SFA ought to be asking a few discreet questions in the background after this. Burley, for one, may be wondering what the hell is going on. He has his medical staff telling him Robson is unfit and Strachan telling the country the opposite. He has the ludicrous spectacle of a player with much to offer being shunted while supposedly pleading to be left to stay in camp and prove that he is ready to play.

A small point here: if Celtic were happy for Robson to stay and Robson was happy to stay, what harm was there in allowing him to stay? Where was the downside? Wasn't Monday a little premature to be making definite calls on his fitness if Celtic were in no mad rush to have him back?

Scottish football is the subject of more storms and furies and outrages than you can shake a stick at and most of them are overblown pieces of nonsense. This is an intriguing one, though. The conflict in opinion on Robson's state of health needs resolving. Somebody is out of line here. And if Celtic don't take the lead in this matter the SFA shouldn't see that as their cue to bury it.

perhaps you're taking it all too seriously and elevating it, in your mind, to a level of importance that it doesn't warrant.

Ignoring the fact that two of Celtic's players should have been sent off, but weren't.

Have Celtic ever lost a game fair and square? At least you can always fall back on your moral victories. :D

The Car Park Awaits

Please don't bring sense into this thread. He's evidently unable to comprehend it.

I normally do an excellent job in ignoring your existence. You could ignore me too if you like? I know it's hard. I'm irresistible to follow.

Yeah, Broadfoot should have been sent off too but he plays for Rangers. Naylor was booked for dissent after that hun dived and was awarded a foul. Fair and square?

Oh, you mean Novo for raising his hand? No. Can't be him. He wasn't wearing hoops. Ah! That's why he got away with that! BTW, what does Ferguson have to do to get booked? Fair and square?

Brown is taken out of play deliberately. Ref gives offside, even though it happened after Brown went down. Fair and square?

Thomson dives, Boruc leans over and says something, Novo pushes Boruc. Boruc booked! Thomson (already on a yellow card) is then stretchered off, avoiding further punishment and waste a great deal of time. Anti-football at its best. Rangers are then allowed to make a substitution but not Celtic. Fair and square?

It is a war of attrition. Every little bit to help out Rangers and disadvantage Celtic in every game the teams play, no matter the opposition. It isn't inconsistent or poor referring, as it consistently favours Rangers and consistently disadvantages Celtic. It's plain old cheating and shamefully anti-catholic. Celtic need to be much better than Rangers to be able to win.

European games are so different. I'd love foreign refs to ref Scottish games.

Can you imagine how it must feel to win despite every dirty, corrupt, underhand, sneaky, sleekit trick the establishment could throw our your way?

In all the posts I've made over the years concerning Celtic that is probably the first time I've mentioned Catholic. I would like to see religion erradicated from all areas of all societies. I certainly don't like religion being linked with Celtic EVERY mention. I got bored of that when I was 11. I mentioned this time because it is a fact that the anti-Celtic agenda is based on anti-catholic bigotry.

The whole sorry mess makes me proud to be a Celtic fan. My passion is perhaps fuelled by bigotry experienced by me over 37 years, simply for supporting Celtic. I know we are meant to just bow our heads and say nothing but I also have a passion for equality and fairness. I will never be mastered.

I normally do an excellent job in ignoring your existence. You could ignore me too if you like? I know it's hard. I'm irresistible to follow.

Yeah, Broadfoot should have been sent off too but he plays for Rangers. Naylor was booked for dissent after that hun dived and was awarded a foul. Fair and square?

Oh, you mean Novo for raising his hand? No. Can't be him. He wasn't wearing hoops. Ah! That's why he got away with that! BTW, what does Ferguson have to do to get booked? Fair and square?

Brown is taken out of play deliberately. Ref gives offside, even though it happened after Brown went down. Fair and square?

Thomson dives, Boruc leans over and says something, Novo pushes Boruc. Boruc booked! Thomson (already on a yellow card) is then stretchered off, avoiding further punishment and waste a great deal of time. Anti-football at its best. Rangers are then allowed to make a substitution but not Celtic. Fair and square?

It is a war of attrition. Every little bit to help out Rangers and disadvantage Celtic in every game the teams play, no matter the opposition. It isn't inconsistent or poor referring, as it consistently favours Rangers and consistently disadvantages Celtic. It's plain old cheating and shamefully anti-catholic. Celtic need to be much better than Rangers to be able to win.

Can you imagine how it must feel to win despite every dirty, corrupt, underhand, sneaky, sleekit trick the establishment could throw our your way?

In all the posts I've made over the years concerning Celtic that is probably the first time I've mentioned Catholic. I would like to see religion erradicated from all areas of all societies. I certainly don't like religion being linked with Celtic EVERY mention. I got bored of that when I was 11. I mentioned this time because it is a fact that the anti-Celtic agenda is based on anti-catholic bigotry.

The whole sorry mess makes me proud to be a Celtic fan. My passion is perhaps fuelled by bigotry experienced by me over 37 years, simply for supporting Celtic. I know we are meant to just bow our heads and say nothing but I also have a passion for equality and fairness. I will never be mastered.

get a grip.

"Feels okay to me."

"Er, really?"

The tosser comment wasn't necessarily aimed at you, i merely put the cap on the chair and you decided to wear it. But that mentality is infuriating. If the rules are all against you why are you wasting your time as a club even bothering to compete? And why are you going into so much detail when it's all for nothing. It makes no sense.

I don't ignore the problems of bigotry and i mentioned them in a bit of detail. But things are getting better and they'll get even better when people allow those rediculous traditions and superstitions to fade away.

Rangers withdrew their players from the squad because they have too many important games to play as a club, and it was just a meaningless international friendly after all. If it had been a World Cup qualifier then i would share your fury, believe me. But as Rangers are still in 4 competitions and the club pay their wages then i think that the clubs should treat International friendlies with the importance they really deserve, which isn't much. What would Burley learn about established international players who have played for their countries many times anyway? These games should be an occasion to elevate young players to full international caps and try out new playing systems so that the friendly game itself can actually have some point.

I you want me to back down from the tosser remark then i'm happy to do that.

Victory has a way of making me humble. It was a beautiful goal though, you must admit?

Err , Any chance you two could let us win just one measly Scottish cup ?

:D

I think only a complete bastard with a swinging brick for a heart would deny Hibernian the joy of winning the Scottish Cup.

The Car Park Awaits

THAT referee will be dealt with by the brotherhood at the next lodge meeting..:)

The tosser comment wasn't necessarily aimed at you, i merely put the cap on the chair and you decided to wear it. But that mentality is infuriating. If the rules are all against you why are you wasting your time as a club even bothering to compete? And why are you going into so much detail when it's all for nothing. It makes no sense.

I don't ignore the problems of bigotry and i mentioned them in a bit of detail. But things are getting better and they'll get even better when people allow those rediculous traditions and superstitions to fade away.

Rangers withdrew their players from the squad because they have too many important games to play as a club, and it was just a meaningless international friendly after all. If it had been a World Cup qualifier then i would share your fury, believe me. But as Rangers are still in 4 competitions and the club pay their wages then i think that the clubs should treat International friendlies with the importance they really deserve, which isn't much. What would Burley learn about established international players who have played for their countries many times anyway? These games should be an occasion to elevate young players to full international caps and try out new playing systems so that the friendly game itself can actually have some point.

I you want me to back down from the tosser remark then i'm happy to do that.

Victory has a way of making me humble. It was a beautiful goal though, you must admit?

Good Thompson Rangers v Celtic goal: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9t50dSgsx78

When you wrote in a post directed and in response to me, 'we have paranoid tossers at Rangers too', I find it hard to see who else other than myself it was directed at. I didn't twist your post into making it look like that.

It isn't true to say Rangers (The very sight of the Saltire should embarrass them) withdrew their players from the squad. They pretended they were injured and the SFA were complict. What is the goal of the SFA?

Nor does it make sense to say if we can't stop the cheating, we shouldn't play.

Good goal? No but it was more than we mananged and ultimately the difference that matters. Hartley carelessly put the ball out for a throw in a block tackle.Thomson (You can't be proud of his cheating, are you?) was left in space, in the middle of the Celtic half to collect a throw-in and move forward. By the time Brown noticed he was unmarked, Cheat Thomson was already planning his forward move. Samaras realises too late that nobody has picked up Thomson in the middle and Hartley fails to tackle Thomson. Naylor is daydreaming and Thomson gives him 15 metres and still overtakes him. McManus fails to put in the final vital tackle. Caldwell is AWOL. Boruc normally saves better hit shots.

When Celtic conceded the throw-in inside their own half. Like all teams should, they should immediately mark-up to ensure the opponent is limited to throwing a high ball forward. Sadly, this isn't the first time this season Celtic have been slow to mark at a throw in, but it was the most costly.

Nor can you be proud of the religious intolerance evident at Ibrox?

Do you know if the Police acted on the banner unfurled before Artur Boruc at the start of the second half mocking his religion?

The SFA should raise the matter with Rangers. Lets see if they do.

For those reading this who don't know. The banner belittled an act of Christian worship as “voodoo”. Now it is a view I hold myself but this would be taken as a deeply offensive insult and provoked media outrage if aimed at a believer of any other faith.

If Rangers are genuine about their ‘Pride over Prejudice’ campaign they must apologise to Artur Boruc and ban the offending fans. Tolerating prejudice like this is will only reinforce a reputation they claim they want rid of and will set the wrong example to another genaration of younger fans.

Rangers have a duty to ensure that in 2008 Catholic footballers are no subject to prejudice. Time to evolve.

Artur Boruc starts every half of every game he plays in the same manner, a fact that has seldom featured in the media feeding frenzy that follows each visit to Ibrox. I am sure this incident would have been witnessed by all media representatives at the match; however, on this occasion Boruc’s visit to the Rangers end of the ground went unreported. Why?

Some stats from last weekend's EPL games:

Reading... 20 fouls conceded, no yellow cards
Man City... 14 fouls conceded, no yellow cards
Aston Villa... 9 fouls conceded, no yellow cards
Newcastle Utd... 9 fouls conceded, no yellow cards
Birmingham... 16 fouls conceded, 1 yellow card (1 per 16 fouls)
Arsenal... 13 fouls conceded, 1 yellow card (1 per 13 fouls)
Man Utd... 12 fouls conceded, 1 yellow card (1 per 12 fouls)
Derby County... 10 fouls conceded, 1 yellow card (1 per 10 fouls)
Bolton... 9 fouls conceded, 1 yellow card (1 per 9 fouls)
Fulham... 5 fouls conceded, 1 yellow card (1 per 5 fouls)
Sunderland... 11 fouls conceded, 2 yellow cards (1 per 5.5 fouls)
Middlesbrough... 9 fouls conceded, 2 yellow cards (1 per 4.5 fouls)
Chelsea... 11 fouls conceded, 3 yellow cards (1 per 3.67 fouls)
Liverpool... 12 fouls conceded, 4 yellow cards (1 per 3 fouls)

And in the SPL yesterday...

Rangers... 13 fouls conceded, 3 yellow cards (1 per 4.33 fouls)
Celtic... 13 fouls conceded, 5 yellow cards (1 per 2.6 fouls)

So suddenly the team that has had the best disciplinary record for the last 2 seasons, and the 2nd best this season (notwithstanding the corrupt refereeing in the first game at Ibrox), is now the dirtiest team in England and Scotland?... I don't think so.

But when you get your players booked for being fouled and for failing to concede a penalty, what can you do?!

Why would I wish to ignore you? I find your imaginative and deluded posts beguiling, not quite irresistible but moderately amusing. Although, you failed to entertain this time, I became hopelessly bored after the second paragraph of nonsense.

Hugh

It's the Star & Garter on Friday and the Ambitious Outsiders gig in Bradford on Saturday. Any chance of that £10 before Friday? It would come in handy for the weekend;)

PS Talking of conspiracy theories, I haven't seen you mention that the top man at the SFA is Gordon Smith, former Man City, Brighton and, er, Glasgow Rangers player:D:D

Jukebox Jury

I reckon both sides of the 'Infirm' benefit from ref's when playing against the rest . I have lost count of the times Hibs have had players booked ,and then Fergushun or Donati commit similar offences or even worse ,and are gently patted on the arse from refs .

For what it's worth I reckon progress has been made by both clubs to stamp out bigotry but still have a long long way to go . I was at Ibrox 2 weeks ago and it wasn't too bad but the triumphilism and bile still goes on.

What exactly does 'We Are The People' mean anyway ? Can any Rangers fans give us a clue .

Haven't been to Parkheid for years but I suppose there are plenty questionable songs being belted out there too. Celtic's problem seems to be more with their travellling fans .

P.S Hugh , Any chance of getting Scotty B back now you all reckon he's a dud ;)

Hugh, these stats are a bit misleading, there is no mention of red cards:confused:
Birmingham had a bloke sent off with a straight red, as did Arsenal. Someone else was sent off too (cant recall who, was a bit pissed watching MOTD2 last night!!) So to say Birmingham committed 16 fouls and only had one player booked is not telling the whole story.
You have to paint the complete picture my friend;)

Jukebox Jury

fkn hell! that's worse than south africa under apartheid.

fight the power.

I reckon both sides of the 'Infirm' benefit from ref's when playing against the rest . I have lost count of the times Hibs have had players booked ,and then Fergushun or Donati commit similar offences or even worse ,and are gently patted on the arse from refs .

For what it's worth I reckon progress has been made by both clubs to stamp out bigotry but still have a long long way to go . I was at Ibrox 2 weeks ago and it wasn't too bad but the triumphilism and bile still goes on.

What exactly does 'We Are The People' mean anyway ? Can any Rangers fans give us a clue .

Haven't been to Parkheid for years but I suppose there are plenty questionable songs being belted out there too. Celtic's problem seems to be more with their travellling fans .

P.S Hugh , Any chance of getting Scotty B back now you all reckon he's a dud ;)

Large crowds do influence the refs. Also less talented teams create more fouls. Celtic benefit more from the ref only when they are already ahead.

There are no questionable songs sung at Parkhead these days. You can rest assured that the media will have it on the front page if even a handful of people ever do.

The travelling fans of all clubs are more trouble for their club than the home fans but as you say. Progress has been made and continues to improve.

BTW The worst behaved Scottish fans I've ever witnessed are not Rangers fans.

Scotty B is no dud. So, if it's ok. I'd rather keep him.

I'm also in favour of the Rangers fans campaign for us to keep WGS.

Hugh

It's the Star & Garter on Friday and the Ambitious Outsiders gig in Bradford on Saturday. Any chance of that £10 before Friday? It would come in handy for the weekend;)

PS Talking of conspiracy theories, I haven't seen you mention that the top man at the SFA is Gordon Smith, former Man City, Brighton and, er, Glasgow Rangers player:D:D

Jukebox Jury

I'll give you the tenner only when and if you win it.

Hugh, these stats are a bit misleading, there is no mention of red cards:confused:
Birmingham had a bloke sent off with a straight red, as did Arsenal. Someone else was sent off too (cant recall who, was a bit pissed watching MOTD2 last night!!) So to say Birmingham committed 16 fouls and only had one player booked is not telling the whole story.
You have to paint the complete picture my friend;)

Jukebox Jury

These stats were a cut and paste from the EPL website. Also, as I wrote, they were the previous weeks stats.

Back
Top Bottom