Brigitte Bardot on trial for allegedly inciting anti-Muslim hatred

• Thread starter Deleted member 6305
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6305

Update: Brigitte Bardot on trial for allegedly inciting anti-Muslim hatred

PARIS - Brigitte Bardot is back on trial in France, facing charges of fanning discrimination and racial hatred against Muslims.

In a Paris court hearing Tuesday, prosecutors said they are seeking a two-month suspended prison sentence and a $23,900 fine against the former screen siren and animal rights campaigner.

Bardot, 73, was not present for the hearing. A verdict is expected June 3.

A leading French anti-racism group known as MRAP filed suit last year over a letter that Bardot sent to then-Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy, and which was published in her foundation's quarterly journal.

In the letter to Sarkozy, now the president, Bardot accused France's Muslim population of destroying France, and complained about the Muslim feast of Eid al-Adha

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080417/ap_on_re_eu/france_bardot;_ylt=AtkX5CeMOhvcnbxc_faubmI7Xs8F

Last edited by a moderator:
Like many animal rights campaigners (not all, but many), she shows a bigotry towards her fellow human beings which appears to indicate some form of mental degeneration. I don't care how many Bolivian tree frogs you've saved from extinction, if you can't show tolerance and civility to your fellow homo sapiae, you're nothing.

Coiff.

*sigh*

Again?
Pity in future she'll be remembered as a racist former film star.

Omfg, would she look better or worse without makeup? :confused:

capt.56be99e60be94987bc337a0c1069de9a.france_bardot_ny121.jpg

Also, what's up with that feast, do they kill dogs or something? Why would she care?

She IS old....and frankly I think her look is better than say Jocelyn Wildenstein or Joan Rivers.

I'll forgive her her dubious political inclinations as she loves animals and does a lot for them.

I'll forgive her her dubious political inclinations as she loves animals and does a lot for them.

Do you feel the same way about abortionists who also fight for animal rights, are they forgiven too? ;)

Do you feel the same way about abortionists who also fight for animal rights, are they forgiven too? ;)

Mmmmm interesting question.....I think its a question of intentions.Few people INTEND to set out an abort their baby.So they are forgivable.But that sounds arrogant.No one needs my forgivenesss....but you did ask.

I don't forgive the seal cull slaughterers...but then my ickle opinion is of no significance anyway....

I just think people that try to make a difference to whatever their cause is (even if I don't agree with it) are worthy human beings.

Omfg, would she look better or worse without makeup? :confused:

capt.56be99e60be94987bc337a0c1069de9a.france_bardot_ny121.jpg

Also, what's up with that feast, do they kill dogs or something? Why would she care?

I remember few years ago someone posted a thread about her in order to ridicule ageing former film star on a Japanese newspaper's forum.
However, few hours later the thread was removed.

It's an awful shame that she refuses to understand and respect cultural difference.

Yeah, as long as she's saving the red squirrel, who cares if she's an ignorant bigot towards a species as trivial as homo sapiens.

Coiff.

Sadly or perhaps glady you may well be right.My love for animal kind is greater than that of mankind.But that's my bug bear and not yours.

Because women aren't human? ;)

*looks desperately for a way out of this hole*

Let me rephrase that - it's not a matter which concerns the feelings of a sentient being, it's a matter of individual choice for the only person qualified to make a decision regarding their own body. See how clunky that was!? :rolleyes::p

Coiff.

Sadly or perhaps glady you may well be right.My love for animal kind is greater than that of mankind.But that's my bug bear and not yours.

Hellie, you have the right to an opinion, but before you set yourself up like that, think about this. We don't know what she said in the letter. Was she talking about the way the culture is changing because of immigration? Was she very angry about something having to do with this feast which I don't think we know that much about?

If she wrote a hate-filled letter that's one thing, but if she said that these feasts are disgusting and are destroying the culture of France, that's her opinion, which apparently is illegal in France.

Last edited by a moderator:
*looks desperately for a way out of this hole*

Let me rephrase that - it's not a matter which concerns the feelings of a sentient being, it's a matter of individual choice for the only person qualified to make a decision regarding their own body. See how clunky that was!? :rolleyes::p

Coiff.

Well, I was obviously trying to trip you up, and having fun doing it. :p But I think, seriously that we need to stop suffering when possible, and that it's alright to be against people's practices as long as you aren't advocating violence.

Again, I think we need to see the letter, and even then, it's going to be a translation.

It is nice that people are against cultural hatred though.

Hellie, you have the right to an opinion, but before you set yourself up like that, think about this. We don't know what she said in the letter. Was she talking about the way the culture is changing because of immigration? Was she very angry about something having to do with this feast which I don't think we know that much about?

If she wrote a hate-filled letter that's one thing, but if she said that these feasts are disgusting and are destroying the culture of France, that's her opinion, which apparently is illegal in France.

I think she's catching some anti-Animal Rights bigotry here.

I agree on that....my original post was a response to a comment on the way she looks.That post deviated.

I'm sure that we could berate the many Muslims preaching hate.Preaching hate is not a good thing from anyone....but the fact she is wrinkly and has lost her looks is irrelevant.I applaud what she does for animals despite her opinions as I said.People are rarely all bad accepting say the likes of Mugabe.

I agree on that....my original post was a response to a comment on the way she looks.That post deviated.

I'm sure that we could berate the many Muslims preaching hate.Preaching hate is not a good thing from anyone....but the fact she is wrinkly and has lost her looks is irrelevant.I applaud what she does for animals despite her opinions as I said.People are rarely all bad accepting say the likes of Mugabe.

I agree about the looks. I hate to ruin Chica's day :p, but I think she was just trying to add some spice to the soup.

Tags
boring brigitte bardot ding dong witch is dead france freedom of speech islam leftist fascism old news
Back
Top Bottom