Brighton - Brighton Centre (Oct. 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Disappointed / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Am Veronica / The Loop / Knockabout World / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Never Had No One Ever / Rebels Without Applause / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Suedeheadsociety live, thread comments & verified by 'Buddy TC'.

Last edited:

Bloodofapoet.jpg

Thank you very much, Mozzer1980. Rated 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Requiescant, thanks for your reply too and there's good detail about the film up on the M-solo wiki page as kindly provided by FWD - https://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/Le_Sang_D'un_Poète

:guitar::popcorn:Onto my watch list it goes:guitar::popcorn:

Looks like it was a great show in Brighton, and a fitting end to the current tour. Morrissey playing in Brighton and the passing of the great Robbie Coltrane on the same day made me think of his performance as Annabelle in The Fruit Machine. A British movie from the 1980s that could have taken its themes from a Smiths album - about two teenagers who run away to Brighton and try to set a dolphin free from captivity in an aquarium called Wonderland. The movie is well worth a watch. RIP Robbie Coltrane.

1665951915320.png

It's a piece of Jean Cocteau cinematic surrealism. I like it. I think it gives the ending of the show one dramatic final push. I don't think it represents suicide as such, just a visual metaphor for finality. Saying "the show is definitely over folks".
It's fine, but I do miss the playing of Sinatra's 'That's Life' once the lights go up. Stomping through broken plastic bottles out of the venue with this playing used to really signal the end of the evening. Now, except for the faithful who know it's over, all the casual fans still stand there thinking 'is he coming back to do another song?'

It's fine, but I do miss the playing of Sinatra's 'That's Life' once the lights go up. Stomping through broken plastic bottles out of the venue with this playing used to really signal the end of the evening. Now, except for the faithful who know it's over, all the casual fans still stand there thinking 'is he coming back to do another song?'
Very correct about the leaving of a Mozz gig.
Our Doncaster gig was done for me when IBEH started.
We fled.... got a taxi then back to the hotel by 22.10.
This of course this would never be natural for me, alas I was with my 13 year old so no after party’s ECT

That’s life..... By Frank...
I used to dance my youngest on the back kitchen table to that song when she was about 3-4 years olde..

Yeah, I used to love the Klaus Nomi intro and exit music. 'My Way' and 'That's Life' were fun, but a tad clichéd.
I think the Cocteau ending is fantastic, but as you say, my friend who was with me at the Glasgow show hadn't seen it before and kept asking me, "What the f*ck is this?! Is he coming back on?"
No mate, it's definitely over!🙂😉

Screenshot_20221018-221912~2.png

See Alain's FB page for annotations regarding the images:

FB_IMG_1666127904990.jpg
FB_IMG_1666127903064.jpg
FB_IMG_1666127898596.jpg
FB_IMG_1666127900977.jpg
FB_IMG_1666127893430.jpg
FB_IMG_1666127895411.jpg

Here is a full gig on Youtube ( only audio )

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom