Brighton - Brighton Centre (Oct. 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Disappointed / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Am Veronica / The Loop / Knockabout World / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Never Had No One Ever / Rebels Without Applause / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Suedeheadsociety live, thread comments & verified by 'Buddy TC'.

Last edited:
Or just following on from Lypsinka?

Re. the clip of the guy shooting himself in the head, has anybody identified where it's from? How do people feel about it? For me it's uncomfortable. What's the import? Is it art? Conveying personal emotion? Conveying permission to make choices if things get too bad? Some sort of reflection on image media? Or a metaphor for the state of the world?
Oh stop me - from thinking - from thinking all the time!!

Bloodofapoet.jpg

Did he really switch out Andy Williams for Bingo?

Or just following on from Lypsinka?

Re. the clip of the guy shooting himself in the head, has anybody identified where it's from? How do people feel about it? For me it's uncomfortable. What's the import? Is it art? Conveying personal emotion? Conveying permission to make choices if things get too bad? Some sort of reflection on image media? Or a metaphor for the state of the world?
Oh stop me - from thinking - from thinking all the time!!
All backdrops and our own entry (as this site was the first place to identify it):

FWD.

On a side note, if anyone can remember the specific Bruce Lee material played pre-show, please let us know.
(It was The Green Hornet promo in 2020).

Acknowledges voice being 'scratchy'.

Sweet & Tender encore.

Sharples shirt again:

View attachment 85169

With "Brighton" added by Morrissey.

And that is why we keep coming back. The humble, the contrite, the ‘non’ excuse giver, 45 seconds he just looks into the eyes into those that he loves and those who love him back.
Everything else is just BS.
Morrissey is getting old, my friends. It pains me and much as it pains you.. But aren’t we all? And all at the same rate?
Thank you Mozzer, for giving us hope, the exchange of gratitude and love between performer and admirer.
Whatever happens, we love you.

Be well and safe all, including Steven.

On a side note, if anyone can remember the specific Bruce Lee material played pre-show, please let us know.
(It was The Green Hornet promo in 2020).

A cut from the Green Hornet promo - “I’m Bruce Lee, inviting you to join me every Friday night on most ? ABC stations”.

Unfortunately !!!!!! This is my latest gimmick song !!!!!!! Unfortunately!! Unfortunately!!!!! Unfortunately

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

#better

Last edited:
Was Martin Rossiter outside the venue admonishing people for entering?

40124_300px-Moz-martin.jpg

No protests at all, I guess their cause to fight
‘racism’ or whatever, was not a strong enough motive for them to brave a little cold weather, lol.

Morrissey’s tour was a success! Much love and support from his UK fans. Benny and the haters are still fuming over this! :lbf:

One of the most engaging and heartfelt posts ever on Moz-Solo. Thank you.
I was very, very young when I discovered the Smiths. And it was already too late. That was dumbfounding to me. A seminal moment in life that kept me stunned, for years. I couldn’t grasp, even then, how the universe could have played such a cruel trick me when I was still a child. Those are the terms I thought of it in, and looking back, I suppose I had dramatic thought inclinations, even at that young age. In any case, Morrissey emerged as a solo artist but at the time, no one could have foreseen that that his solo presence was here to stay, least of all someone who was still a very young teenager then, as I was. So I spent all of those many and long years in the wilderness, when you’re nowhere near being a child, and yet still so many years away from being an adult, pondering and wondering and troubled when I started to think of the enormity of it all, and at the enormity of the universe - because I knew that all I wanted on this earth, out of my life, was that as a human being, I wanted to be able to touch him as he had touched me. I knew my stars had to align and in my childish mind I still knew how unlikely and infinitessimaly small the chances of such thing could be, but I willed it with every fiber of my being that one day, somehow, something would “happen” and go right - and that I would cross paths with him in this galaxy that all of us inhabit together, and that I would somehow be able to say something to him or to do something, that would somehow move Morrissey as deeply and as profoundly as he moved me.

Well, of course - that never happened.
All stories ultimately have a sad end, and this one was always going to be mine.

I had this other thought that came to me by my late teens, and that was that I was never going to live my life in a way that would end up with me at some later point in adulthood, full of regrets. The irony being of course that when you’re a teenager, you’re in not even equipped to fully understand what you’re even thinking, when you start thinking about things like this.

So here we all are, years later, all of us still living in the same galaxy. And I have ANY number of things that I would do differently if I could, or less of, or not at all. Those are the things that keep me awake at night.

But the one thing in my entire life that I would never change, that I could only ever want MORE of, hand on my heart, is MORRISSEY.

These concerts have been stunning. The setlists have been faultless. Pick a song, any song. For years and years of tours, and for years of my life, I would hear Girl Least Likely to and I would feel the searing pain of a fire-hot iron poker, branding it into my very psyche. A reminder of everything I thought I already knew.

But then even more so and above all, the song and words that I’ve carried with me my whole life, that I could never shake, even when I wanted to…

I touched you at the sound check
You had no real way of knowing
In my heart, I begged
Take me with you
I don’t care where you’re going

My heart stopped. And in many ways, it never started again. Like a wrinkle in time, there was never anything before, or after, for me. There was only ever, this.

And where are we all now? The new songs are beautiful. Evocative as ever. This tour has been a triumph of human existence. Morrissey goes from strength to strength.

And for as long as we’re still breathing, we can still say

Today is only the beginning.

I was very, very young when I discovered the Smiths. And it was already too late. That was dumbfounding to me. A seminal moment in life that kept me stunned, for years. I couldn’t grasp, even then, how the universe could have played such a cruel trick me when I was still a child. Those are the terms I thought of it in, and looking back, I suppose I had dramatic thought inclinations, even at that young age. In any case, Morrissey emerged as a solo artist but at the time, no one could have foreseen that that his solo presence was here to stay, least of all someone who was still a very young teenager then, as I was. So I spent all of those many and long years in the wilderness, when you’re nowhere near being a child, and yet still so many years away from being an adult, pondering and wondering and troubled when I started to think of the enormity of it all, and at the enormity of the universe - because I knew that all I wanted on this earth, out of my life, was that as a human being, I wanted to be able to touch him as he had touched me. I knew my stars had to align and in my childish mind I still knew how unlikely and infinitessimaly small the chances of such thing could be, but I willed it with every fiber of my being that one day, somehow, something would “happen” and go right - and that I would cross paths with him in this galaxy that all of us inhabit together, and that I would somehow be able to say something to him or to do something, that would somehow move Morrissey as deeply and as profoundly as he moved me.

Well, of course - that never happened.
All stories ultimately have a sad end, and this one was always going to be mine.

I had this other thought that came to me by my late teens, and that was that I was never going to live my life in a way that would end up with me at some later point in adulthood, full of regrets. The irony being of course that when you’re a teenager, you’re in not even equipped to fully understand what you’re even thinking, when you start thinking about things like this.

So here we all are, years later, all of us still living in the same galaxy. And I have ANY number of things that I would do differently if I could, or less of, or not at all. Those are the things that keep me awake at night.

But the one thing in my entire life that I would never change, that I could only ever want MORE of, hand on my heart, is MORRISSEY.

These concerts have been stunning. The setlists have been faultless. Pick a song, any song. For years and years of tours, and for years of my life, I would hear Girl Least Likely to and I would feel the searing pain of a fire-hot iron poker, branding it into my very psyche. A reminder of everything I thought I already knew.

But then even more so and above all, the song and words that I’ve carried with me my whole life, that I could never shake, even when I wanted to…

I touched you at the sound check
You had no real way of knowing
In my heart, I begged
Take me with you
I don’t care where you’re going

My heart stopped. And in many ways, it never started again. Like a wrinkle in time, there was never anything before, or after, for me. There was only ever, this.

And where are we all now? The new songs are beautiful. Evocative as ever. This tour has been a triumph of human existence. Morrissey goes from strength to strength.

And for as long as we’re still breathing, we can still say

Today is only the beginning.
I am 14 years old and, around 30 years later, I am in an identical position. Friday night was sheerly beautiful and touching. My first witnessing of M but surely not the last - a light that will never go out, whether that be physically, or in our hearts.

Unfortunately !!!!!! This is my latest gimmick song !!!!!!! Unfortunately!! Unfortunately!!!!! Unfortunately

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:
This could not be further from the truth. M, unlike so many other artists, has never written a song as a gimmick or disingenuously. BoT is a sincere and extremely powerful tribute to a tragic event - it really stood out for me on Friday.

It's a piece of Jean Cocteau cinematic surrealism. I like it. I think it gives the ending of the show one dramatic final push. I don't think it represents suicide as such, just a visual metaphor for finality. Saying "the show is definitely over folks". Although, given that it's from the school of surrealism, it could also mean the horse-fish has grown a third arm🤔o_O

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom