Brighton - Brighton Centre (Oct. 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Disappointed / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Am Veronica / The Loop / Knockabout World / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Never Had No One Ever / Rebels Without Applause / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Suedeheadsociety live, thread comments & verified by 'Buddy TC'.

Last edited:
Now onto the Australian tour! That was a joke btw. I don't expect Morrissey to grace our shores again. At least we got back to back tours for 2015 and 2016. That was absolutely unheard of down here.
didnt know you were australian,thanks for giving us ange postecoglou.

Well that's it, it's all over until the next time. I managed to see You in Manchester MORRISSEY , I don't think I have ever been to a more emotional concert that tha:hearteyes:t. You must know You are truly loved by so many people. Thank you to everyone that posted photographs and clips from the other concerts, I enjoyed seeing them very much. Take care everyone and look after each other, I hope is is not long before You grace us with your presence again🥰😘🖐👏I love You,I love You, I love You XX

One time years ago, one of my friends said to me that tears are just the physical manifestation of too much feeling. And it’s true, because when the depth of emotion builds and builds and builds to a crescendo in your body and suddenly it’s at the brim and there just isn’t room for any more, then it comes out as overflow of emotion in the form of tears. It’s like all that emotion is too big, too much to be contained any longer, too everything, and it just all spills out of your body in rivers and streams of salty water that pour out from your eyes onto your face and just make everything wet. Exactly like when the clouds get agitated and swirl and form and then reform again, darker and it could go either way at a certain point, and you don’t know what they’ll do next, and then all it takes is another instant of time passing and suddenly you know that instant was the point of no return, and the they flash and break with thunder because they couldn’t hold any more, not even a drop, and all the rain comes crashing down in with a force you didn’t anticipate until it happened, just from the sheer physical need to release that build up of pressure that ultimately, had nowhere else it could go

Well, I cried my face off watching some of these songs from last night’s concert. The strangest thing was, I didn’t even know to which one it was going to happen. Some of these songs that I’ve loved and heard the length and course of my entire life, and not even the ones I would guess, sometimes hit me like a clap of thunder and still electrify their shuddering, uncontainable magic straight through me. Every Day is Like Sunday, which I know better than I know my own name, and which I’ve heard more times than I’ve even heard my own parents’s voices - just cracked me into two on the inside.

The Loop, which thrilled my naive body and my incandescent mind more when I was a teenager than anything has ever thrilled me after or since, will never lose its beautiful frisson with me - NEVER. An innocence to never be recaptured, but a beautiful time capsule that shows me it once existed, and that I existed, and that time capsule is this song and that time capsule is one I’m allowed to keep - and even this small concession - a fragment of a crumb of everything else in life - more precious than you’d ever even allow anyone else to know.

I could go through all the rest of them one by one and there are others still that were sung that I love even more. I could, but I won’t. Because this is not nothing, and because I don’t even need to say any more, out loud.

Moreso than when I saw the lights on the entranced faces in the crowd, moreso than when it’s such a deeply personal experience to listen to these songs that I adore because they string my life up in front of me and make it flash before my eyes, and in those monents, I feel more clearly and more viscerally than ever, the reality that I too, one day, will be gone in the blink of an eye. And this will all be gone. All of it. And finally no one will never even know that it occurred. Or how it happened. Or how these moments felt.

But if you’re here now, and if you went to these concerts, or if you’ve ever been - you know it. And you felt it. And you lived it. And it was all real. Every moment of it, and every moment of it was magic. This is what you keep. These nights, these songs, that overflow of emotion that cracks you into two on the inside, these are the only moments that ever really mattered.

Watching the clips of the fans waiting by the bus, which was a smaller group with a smaller roar, than the fans or the roar of the audience before - all I can say is that Morrissey, I love nothing more than seeing how much everyone loves you.

Congratulations on such a beautiful tour. You are the brightest star.

And you know this will never be over. And you know the best is still yet to come.

❤️

One time years ago, one of my friends said to me that tears are just the physical manifestation of too much feeling. And it’s true, because when the depth of emotion builds and builds and builds to a crescendo in your body and suddenly it’s at the brim and there just isn’t room for any more, then it comes out as overflow of emotion in the form of tears. It’s like all that emotion is too big, too much to be contained any longer, too everything, and it just all spills out of your body in rivers and streams of salty water that pour out from your eyes onto your face and just make everything wet. Exactly like when the clouds get agitated and swirl and form and then reform again, darker and it could go either way at a certain point, and you don’t know what they’ll do next, and then all it takes is another instant of time passing and suddenly you know that instant was the point of no return, and the they flash and break with thunder because they couldn’t hold any more, not even a drop, and all the rain comes crashing down in with a force you didn’t anticipate until it happened, just from the sheer physical need to release that build up of pressure that ultimately, had nowhere else it could go

Well, I cried my face off watching some of these songs from last night’s concert. The strangest thing was, I didn’t even know to which one it was going to happen. Some of these songs that I’ve loved and heard the length and course of my entire life, and not even the ones I would guess, sometimes hit me like a clap of thunder and still electrify their shuddering, uncontainable magic straight through me. Every Day is Like Sunday, which I know better than I know my own name, and which I’ve heard more times than I’ve even heard my own parents’s voices - just cracked me into two on the inside.

The Loop, which thrilled my naive body and my incandescent mind more when I was a teenager than anything has ever thrilled me after or since, will never lose its beautiful frisson with me - NEVER. An innocence to never be recaptured, but a beautiful time capsule that shows me it once existed, and that I existed, and that time capsule is this song and that time capsule is one I’m allowed to keep - and even this small concession - a fragment of a crumb of everything else in life - more precious than you’d ever even allow anyone else to know.

I could go through all the rest of them one by one and there are others still that were sung that I love even more. I could, but I won’t. Because this is not nothing, and because I don’t even need to say any more, out loud.

Moreso than when I saw the lights on the entranced faces in the crowd, moreso than when it’s such a deeply personal experience to listen to these songs that I adore because they string my life up in front of me and make it flash before my eyes, and in those monents, I feel more clearly and more viscerally than ever, the reality that I too, one day, will be gone in the blink of an eye. And this will all be gone. All of it. And finally no one will never even know that it occurred. Or how it happened. Or how these moments felt.

But if you’re here now, and if you went to these concerts, or if you’ve ever been - you know it. And you felt it. And you lived it. And it was all real. Every moment of it, and every moment of it was magic. This is what you keep. These nights, these songs, that overflow of emotion that cracks you into two on the inside, these are the only moments that ever really mattered.

Watching the clips of the fans waiting by the bus, which was a smaller group with a smaller roar, than the fans or the roar of the audience before - all I can say is that Morrissey, I love nothing more than seeing how much everyone loves you.

And you know this will never be over. And you know the best is still yet to come.

❤️
Man, I felt this like a tonne of bricks. And it's absolutely, wholeheartedly true.

Blanket outstanding reviews.
Audience beatifying euphorically during the shows, and afterwards online.
New songs elevated to cult status already.
Best setlists in years.
Band sounding better than ever.
Morrissey in exceptional voice...(bar the odd wobble).
Tears from artist and audience.
Artist and audience galvanised in unity.

Yeah, what a calamitous failure this tour has been😉😉

❤️
One of the most engaging and heartfelt posts ever on Moz-Solo. Thank you.

My life isn't my own anymore, so I was only able to attend one of the concerts...which was incredible and reaffirmed my faith in Moz.

I've lived vicariously through the other gigs thanks to the Solo-Massive...for which I am eternally grateful.

I hope this isn't the end...that the new album is released and that another tour comes out way... regardless, this has been a wonderful few weeks.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories.

My life isn't my own anymore, so I was only able to attend one of the concerts...which was incredible and reaffirmed my faith in Moz.

I've lived vicariously through the other gigs thanks to the Solo-Massive...for which I am eternally grateful.

I hope this isn't the end...that the new album is released and that another tour comes out way... regardless, this has been a wonderful few weeks.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories.
sounds like you had a great time, watson. happy for you!

Another Frankenstein impression
Again !!!!
Well done Miss LH 😇😇😇
Or just following on from Lypsinka?

Re. the clip of the guy shooting himself in the head, has anybody identified where it's from? How do people feel about it? For me it's uncomfortable. What's the import? Is it art? Conveying personal emotion? Conveying permission to make choices if things get too bad? Some sort of reflection on image media? Or a metaphor for the state of the world?
Oh stop me - from thinking - from thinking all the time!!

Nice song by song review of last night’s gig.

Was a great end to the tour.
Thanks. An enthused review written with care, even if he got Bing doing Danny Boy wrong. He and Andy Williams do look a bit alike, I suppose.

Blanket outstanding reviews.
Audience beatifying euphorically during the shows, and afterwards online.
New songs elevated to cult status already.
Best setlists in years.
Band sounding better than ever.
Morrissey in exceptional voice...(bar the odd wobble).
Tears from artist and audience.
Artist and audience galvanised in unity.

Yeah, what a calamitous failure this tour has been😉
Trouble maker ;)

didnt know you were australian,thanks for giving us ange postecoglou.
And weirdly and coincidentally the Coach for our national team has just moved into our street three doors down, so I'm trying to send positive vibes to him for the World Cup. Why not join me now in Off Topic as that's where I will be in 3, 2, 1......

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom