Brighton - Brighton Centre (Mar. 3, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Spent The Day In Bed / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Home Is A Question Mark / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / All You Need Is Me // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• From docinwestchester:

This is cool. Moz (or someone on his team) used a fan made twitter pic for backdrop (@EricaCalil / Twitter on Mar. 1):

42402_brighton.jpg

Last edited:
Fookin crykey m8. Is that fookin New Jersey? Reckon what a vile place.
What’s that you say Aztuc cum? Can’t understand your appalling grammar again. Do you understand this post dumb f***er? Not sure we speak the same language.

Backdrop to Hold Onto Your Friends. Was gonna give a 12 second Moz-solo exclusive video I shot but not techsavvy

With more swedes living in Brighton than here in Sweden I suspect the swenglish accents were all over the place.

just got back from the show . Overall very good . similar set with a few changes , opened with Playboys again, only one cover this time which was Chain Gang. All You Need Is me new in the set which was last song before encore , good to hear that in there .

Sound was a little ropey first four or so songs but got much better as the show went on .

I actually thought crowd were a little static and slightly flat only really rising on the more familiar songs . I personally like the new album a lot so was glad to hear it live although even from someone who likes the album I think there were perhaps one or two too many new songs . My Love , Home and Police were especially good .

If you are going to play that many new songs it would have been better to probably play a couple more bangers instead of tracks like If You Don't Like Me , Chain Gang (still not sure why this is in the set at the expense of original material) , Munich (although I actually enjoyed it ). Jack The Ripper was simply stunning

Voice sounded great and he seemed in pretty good spirits , not overly chatty but a few funny quips .

Lights also a lot better than last tour I saw which was when he played Hammersmith Apollo .

You're never going to get a greatest hits set from him and I wouldn't want that but I do think the sets were more interesting from 2004 - 2009 .

Brighton looks lovely especially considering half the UK and Ireland is under snow or was up to this morning anyway. Hope ye enjoy Moz!

Let's be honest, both the U.K. and Ireland look much improved hidden beneath snow.

Fookin crykey m8. Is that fookin New Jersey? Reckon what a vile place.
I grew up in Trenton, New Jersey, which is in fact a vile place. Brighton was extremely nice. Stick with the L.A. jokes :)

From my perspective on the barrier, the energy from the standing audience was high and accordingly Morrissey was in a good mood. Lots of handshakes made people next to me (and me) very happy.

The flower catch was absolutely perfect. I hope the whole thing has been recorded somewhere. Someone was throwing yellow flowers into the stage and one or two just landed on the stage. Then, it seemed out of nowhere a well-aimed flower was caught by Morrissey. He put the stem in his pants for a bit and then, while singing "and you go home and you cry and you want to die" he crushed the flower and threw up in the pit.

He also ad-libbed singing "you're the one for me fatty" in a drawn out way at the end of Everyday is Like Sunday while shaking hands which was great. Too funny.

One of my favorite shows.

Hope you all enjoy the London shows. I'm flying back to Salzburg in a minute.

IMG_20180304_061345.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom