Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by Viva Tom, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Viva Tom

Viva Tom Wall of Arms

Home Page:
    http://www.myspace.com/indie_tom
    aa14e7e132e28b5bfbe78b7994edec71.jpg

Discuss?

Personally I'd say he's one of the living few who are close to Morrissey lyrically.

2. the raytownian

the raytownian Member

I like his stuff a lot, though I used to make fun of him... Desaparecidos was the band that turned me onto Bright Eyes, though.
    I was really glad to see they reformed, even though I think some of the lyrics on their new EP's are pretty heavy-handed.

Anyway, in spite of how much I used to make fun of him, I made up for all the mocking jeers with wimpy adolescent tears.

The early stuff is particularly good, but I also really enjoy "Digital Ash". It's been a long, long time since I listened to much BE/Desa stuff, and I never really got into Commander Venus, but I'll never forget how much the music affected me as a young teenager going through his first really serious existential crisis. :blushing:

I've cried A LOT to this song. :lbf:

Haven't heard it in a long time... I'm actually pretty sad it's not hitting me like it used to, not that it diminished my appreciation of it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016