Brickhouse after-gig party

I was there last night wasn't bad. It was Moz/Smiths every other song. They repeated a few of them.Got tickets for tonight also, I would suggest you bring a coat as it was freezing in there! enjoy the gig!

We went in May and rly enjoyed it.

Now we've experienced S&G, we understand why it holds such a monopoly on Manc Morrissey fans...but Brickhouse is still good.

I pulled a sickie today and we got tickets this afternoon so see you there! I think it's going to be a good 'un :)

The Star and Garter was loads better than the Brickhouse because I met the man of my dreams, but lost him again last night at the Brickhouse. Still jokes though.

I thought it left a bit to be desired and would have preferred the Star n Garter. Especially the manager/ owner who was a little impatient to say the least.

Best thing was seeing everyone in the kebab shop after! Hmmm meat is murder anyone!!

I thought it left a bit to be desired and would have preferred the Star n Garter. Especially the manager/ owner who was a little impatient to say the least.

QUOTE]

Totally agree the guy was unecessarily arrogant and rude when he was behind the bar and also thought he took the piss with the £10 to get in considering it was £6 in advance but I guess it was a classic case of supply and demand.

That having been said after the long wait outside in the queue and yet another long wait at the bar it turned out to be a cracking night. I enjoyed it more than the S & G on friday everyone seemed a bit more up for it and it was good to see so many what have become very familiar faces over the course of the year.

Who is the manager/owner? The old fella in the leather pants?!

S&G absolutely canes Brickhouse, though. I couldn't understand why you lot all said it but after Friday... ;)

no no no... hes the resident glass collector/ only gay in the nightclub.

Bloke was a c***!!! Trying to show my mates (I do have some) footage of last night's Dear God as I'm a SEAGULL RA RA and um um um. BLAH BLHA

Hey,

i'm gonna stick up for the Manager of the Brickhouse, because he's a good guy and a good mate.
He is one of the friendliest guys i've ever known.
He must have been having a tough night, and i know he would be gutted to think he had upset anyone.

Anyway, give the guy a break, have any of you worked in any pub/club environment the weekend before christmas, its a nightmare.

thank you

Yes I have... but at the end of the day it gets dark.... coming home at 6 in the morning for being £4 a week better off than I was if I had housing benefit nand my giro. And Serving wankers...

And Jigger wants to know when he'll be caught by the benefit fraud people.... cos he renounces his past ways...

Kathy come home.

I AM RUINED my house is better tha the Brickhouse cos we play triv puruit on Xmas Day night and take shedloads of drugs... and I'll serve you without being arsey. Open house PM me!

twas an ace night as everyone was really up for it

2 complaints tho...
my mate andrew couldnt get in because they rose the price to £10 and he needed train fare home
and drinks were way way too expensive! £5+ for a smirnofff ice and a small glass of coke....wtf? thank god we werent doing rounds!

but hey ho shit happens....had a really guuuurrd night and was dead happy to see all me ol mozzy mates :D

Hey,

i'm gonna stick up for the Manager of the Brickhouse, because he's a good guy and a good mate.
He is one of the friendliest guys i've ever known.
He must have been having a tough night, and i know he would be gutted to think he had upset anyone.

Anyway, give the guy a break, have any of you worked in any pub/club environment the weekend before christmas, its a nightmare.

thank you

Is that why I over heard him going its more depressing than an episode of Eastenders in here? (THere was a definite Eastenders/ Smiths reference which was not too flattering about that depressing band from Manchester.)

And Manchester city centre was dead in my opinion. For the Saturday before Xmas... still saw a car got pulled over for a drugs bust, 8 coppers ripping out the car. Oh and some bloke not using the cash machine by me (it was working) wating for mee to finish... hmmm I guess I can get the money back if its happened

Is that why I over heard him going its more depressing than an episode of Eastenders in here? (THere was a definite Eastenders/ Smiths reference which was not too flattering about that depressing band from Manchester.)

And Manchester city centre was dead in my opinion. For the Saturday before Xmas... still saw a car got pulled over for a drugs bust, 8 coppers ripping out the car. Oh and some bloke not using the cash machine by me (it was working) wating for mee to finish... hmmm I guess I can get the money back if its happened

Bollocks mate, the brickhouse manager is a big smiths fan and has on a good few occasions been to Morrissey gigs, so sod off.
If you feel like this, just don't bother coming to the club again, i'm sure we will survive without you.

Don't worry I doubt I'd step foot in that club again... I have better things to do like stroke my pubic hair and wish I had pubic hair at the same time...

Out of all the other songs played in there the only good one was Wedding Presnt KENNEDY. Oh and that really obscure Pixies song, um Debaser....

The Cure Friday I'm In Love??? Do me a f***ing favour.

I COULD GO ON... four quid for Bulmers/ Magners??? A club that sells shitty cans of lager for extortionate prices??? NOT EVEN HAVING ICE BEHIND THE BAR AND EXPECTING PEOPLE TO PAY xxx FOR VODKA AND COKE.....The manager who looks like Dave Quinnan with an even bigger chiip on his shoulder.

f*** your shitty dive of a club, you've obviously been going long enough to take the piss out of punters. ANd still they come from hours aorund for you to savour with your pig like eyes...

Cock c*** crevices. f*** some rocks. Any chance I can have guestlist plus four? :D

thank you

This is v true. If any of you people are considering going drinking tonight in Wakefield, STAY AWAY FROM The Barristers. Cos I don't wanna pour your drinks/pick the chewing gum out of your ashtrays! :p

Haha I don't think it was as bad as you're saying, Bluebirds! The staff I encountered were all v lovely (esp liked the old lady in the ticket office-bit!) and most of the punters were all right...but yes. Whenever I have the choice from now on, I'll go S&G. :)

It wasn't "that" bad. But at those drinks prices (and I've been to London and everything. Only once mind. Too big for the likes of lil old me:D ) you'd expect Paul Oakenfold to be up there with Shaun Ryder mixing Wrote For Luck without even using one of these I-pod things I hear so much about!!!

Instead of Dave Quinnan being even more pissed off than when he lost his job in the Bill and his hair fell out on the same day. GEYSER!! GEEZER

I've been awake for 2 days and just felt like having a rant. Sorry to anyone I may have offended ever in my life...

I LIKE GAYS TOO

And DON'T START ME ON THE TOILETS......

Yeh Saturday before Christmas must be really harsh. Especially for a club that is primarily aimed at students who go to Manchester METROPOLITAN University. ANd charges ten pound to get in for the privilige of having your shoes (YES SHOES.... no cheap shit eitherI went to London once and went to the Clarks flagship store and bartered for my unique pair of Clarks PIES..::rolleyes:) covered in piss cos they're too tight to get a proper plumber.

Hello Lillibet, it's Wendy the dancer. I had a good time anyhoo, brilliant to hear so many Moz/ Smiths tunes in the same night.

Nice people there too, apart from some grumps in the queue.

Hello Lillibet, it's Wendy the dancer. I had a good time anyhoo, brilliant to hear so many Moz/ Smiths tunes in the same night.

Nice people there too, apart from some grumps in the queue.

Ahh hello! :D It was very lovely to meet you and Ray! He emailed, but as I emailed him erm two hours after our meeting, I thought I should leave it a wee while! Don't like coming across as a drunken nutjob!

Haha you are a good dancer though! "Swing those hips...like Shakira!" :o :o

Hi Wendy...I met you too. I left Lillybett in your capable hands whilst I was trying to chat someone up, thanks for teaching her how to dance, maybe she won't embarrass me as much when I'm out with her now!

The Brickhouse was jokes though, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't spent the past two days solidly drinking and compared to the S+G it just weren't as good. But then again, there were bits of the night which were great, like when we had the dance floor to ourselves and 'what she said' came on which is my favourite smiths song. But then there were loads of low points, like when 'Mr Brightside' came on, I felt the will to live escape me..we were going to leave until 'You're the one for me fatty' came on. The people aren't as friendly as the Star and Garter either, I just think the S+G is so much better in comparison..I can't wait to go again, can't believe I've lived in Manchester for nearly two years and only been once.

Well that was my first post, it was enthralling I know..I'm determined to become a regular so that I know everyone next time I go to the S+G haha.

Back
Top Bottom