Brexit

Well you guys have Donald Trump and Sarah Palin cheering for the result....so yeah...you have that.

L O L :rofl:

That Don Trump geezer has just tweeted from Scotland

"Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like
We will take America back. No games! "

Wow and he is running for president ? I think we'll be filing for another divorce if he gets in.

Why the hell Scotland let an idiot like that build a golf course up there I don't know.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Idiot Trump thinks Scotland voted to leave the EU

I think that's a few rungs above the best scenario. The political pressure inside the EU is to not give us anything like that good a deal, and I don't see why that would change. And the economic context to make it change is totally lacking. About half of our trade is with them, whereas about a twentieth of theirs is with us. Of course, that's enough to make them care, but they're going to be holding all the cards in the negotiation. Then, from our perspective, we've just had a referendum where we decided we didn't want to be in the EU, supposedly, because we don't want free movement, we want independent trade deals with other countries and we don't want to have to abide by regulations put together in Brussels. But Norway has to abide by the regulatons, can't have independent trade deals and not only has to respect free movement, but also has to be in Schengen, meaning it has no hard borders with the rest of the EU. Impossible for a British negotiator to agree to those terms unless we end up economically on our knees (in which case, who would want that type of trade deal with us?) and, perhaps with the exception of Schengen, totally non-negotiable from the other side.

Yes, I was talking about the best scenario for Britain... On the other hand there might be different ways to have a look at it. German companies might want to sell a lot of cars in the UK even after the referendum. Others have less interest. So EU approach might differ.

I think the sad thing really is that working class people and the poor might pay the price for (mostly) their decision, but being mislead by politicians. The only hope is that Nigel Farage, married with an "immigrant" by the way, will soon fade away. Well, there is always hope...

Idiot Trump thinks Scotland voted to leave the EU

Lily alleys reply to him was funny.

In the end as to trade I do t think much will trade. It's kinda like a Washington post article said this morning about the U.s stock market. People see uncertainty, panic and put there money in the dollar and gold, let a few days go buy see that not much has really changed and buy cheap assists. It seems to be in the benefit of most involved to keep much of the trade agreements the as similar as possible to what they were. Guess only time will tell who's right though

You British people literally changed the world with 17 millions of votes.

It seems the future of UK will be very linked to USA. Trump is not a fool, that's why he was there "supporting the process". The 5th economy of the world is the best ally USA can hope for. Asia and Germany are not natural allies in the top 5. The reference to Scotland leaving EU was not a mistake, it was a message to some people to make they know Scotland must stay in UK.

Several Brexit leaders said this was the last opportunity to get a peaceful independence. What did they actually mean?

If we change the point of view from UK to the remaining EU, and IF Germany, France and Italy (the remaining EU top 10 countries by nominal gdp) can lead the ship to quieter waters without major consequences without the nuisance of UK reticence to fully jump to the boat (Euro, taxes, USA)... well, that could be even better for continental Europe in terms of cohesion. Scotland and Ireland, of course, will be highly seduced. Interesting times.

A side comment: the woman with the face of old lady who supported Brexit was making campaign from a media group financed by Putin (RT). That same group, in spanish, made campaign for Chavez and Maduro in Venezuela, Kirchner in Argentina, Roussef in Brazil, etc.

Warms my heart that this decision is a big middle finger to so many here that think they knew better but reality is always such a wake up call for marxists.

While I voted to remain the bright side of this result guarantees another scottish referendum and this time the YES vote will win, once scotland leaves the uk a united Ireland is sure to become a reality, the empire is finished, Up the rebels !!!

Ha ha ha I knew you'd start biting ankles in all this you wee West highland terrier you !

" look, you can't get back in the cockpit once you've jumped out of the plane, there is no going back ! " (David Cameron)

We listened to the argument's from both sides and had the balls to vote OUT Angus !
Let's face it you lot had your chance and bottled it didn't you ?
And now you want another go :lbf::guitar::brows::tiphat::ahhh::rofl::clap::drama::mock:

YOU BOTTLED IT ! :ha-no:

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Taking into account recent events in Great Britain and Europe I find it absolutely astonishing that Silly Steven has failed to post a statement on his fanzine !
Maybe the death of Great Britain in Europe is hurting him just as much as the death of David Bowie did.

Ha ha ha I knew you'd start biting ankles in all this you wee West highland terrier you !

" look, you can't get back in the cockpit once you've jumped out of the plane, there is no going back ! " (David Cameron)

We listened to the argument's from both sides and had the balls to vote OUT Angus !
Let's face it you lot had your chance and bottled it didn't you ?
And now you want another go :lbf::guitar::brows::tiphat::ahhh::rofl::clap::drama::mock:

YOU BOTTLED IT ! :ha-no:

Benny-the-British-Butcher
We will get another chance and we will take it, enjoy your little England white van man

Just like we British can not understand the stupidity of the gun thing in the USA.
You Americans don't or can't understand the British mentality regarding Europe.
Or maybe you would/could if it was happening to you
Now I don't speak for the majority.
I just speak for myself.
I had great trouble coming to my decision to vote out.
Having been active in politics for many years I know all the arguments.
I don't think I'm right about everything but I can always argue my views and why.
I'm also very pragmatic about things(that's give and take to those who don't know some words.)
When the result came in I first thought here we go the shit will now hit the fan.
And of course it did.
All the usual suspects stock and currency markets going haywire.
So of course I had some doubts I'd done the right thing.
Then I heard Jean-Claude Juncker saying his piece this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36626409

The so called European Commission just don't get it.
I know they have their own agenda but they don't seem to understand.
Let me answer quite clearly what my instant reaction was.
Being pragmatic went right out of the window.
Listen here you.
You don't get to tell me and my country what to do any more.
I don't know you and I didn't vote for you.
So take your "it doesn't make any sense to wait until October to try to negotiate the terms of their departure"and shove up your f***ing ass you twat.
And when it gets there,f*** yourself with it.
We'll do it when we're ready.
Now f*** off.

On a more humorous note.
This might explain a little better.
It's from one of the funniest British comedies ever.

Yes Minister — Why Britain Joined the European Union

The so called European Commission just don't get it.
I know they have their own agenda but they don't seem to understand.
Let me answer quite clearly what my instant reaction was.
Being pragmatic went right out of the window.
Listen here you.
You don't get to tell me and my country what to do any more.
I don't know you and I didn't vote for you.
So take your "it doesn't make any sense to wait until October to try to negotiate the terms of their departure"and shove up your f***ing ass you twat.
And when it gets there,f*** yourself with it.
We'll do it when we're ready.
Now f*** off.

They've got to you good and proper, haven't they?

Cameron's "all in good time" attitude is an absolute disgrace. All it will do is serve to prolong the economic uncertainty, leave the country effectively without a government and irritate the people we are supposed to be negotiating with. Completely contrary to the national interest. But he's doing it so as not to have to leave office unceremoniously and to make things more difficult for Johnson, because nobody wants the poison chalice of having to be the PM that does the negotiation. Jaw-droppingly selfish, and we are all going to pay.

Taking into account recent events in Great Britain and Europe I find it absolutely astonishing that Silly Steven has failed to post a statement on his fanzine !
Maybe the death of Great Britain in Europe is hurting him just as much as the death of David Bowie did.

It's been an exhausting campaign, been on the road almost non-stop for the last few months but we did it!

So blessed to live here in The Shire, close to the border with our beloved Welsh friends who also told the EU to f*** off. I have changed my profile avatar to a redesigned Union flag. The English St George and the Welsh Dragon have vanquished the EU dragon! Bowie called for Scotland to 'Stay with us' but they have chosen not to, as has Northern Ireland. We wish them well.

"Each time you vote, you support the process"

Clearly not. By voting in the Referendum each and every person who cast for #Brexit share the credit for the single most revolutionary act in world history this century. The crypto-fascist EU empire is doomed.

How could numpty Morrissey ever comment about being 'British' again after this ludicrous abnegation of duty?

Toodle-pip!

BrummieBoy

Scotland voted out but have to remain and need to call Mel Gibson, a man to match the views of the ego country.

Cameron's "all in good time" attitude is an absolute disgrace. All it will do is serve to prolong the economic uncertainty, leave the country effectively without a government and irritate the people we are supposed to be negotiating with. Completely contrary to the national interest. But he's doing it so as not to have to leave office unceremoniously and to make things more difficult for Johnson, because nobody wants the poison chalice of having to be the PM that does the negotiation. Jaw-droppingly selfish, and we are all going to pay.

This is true. If they want access to the e.u markets which they surely will it doesn't bode well to start off right away with a public disagreement about taking your time. Meandering in limbo is gonna help no one

As you chose to phase as a question I'll answer you.
No they have not got to me.
Very little pisses me off really.
I have a what I think is a great sense of humour and of right and wrong.
But and it's a big but.
For a number of reasons be it character/personality/upbringing/genetics/environmental and or
combination of other factors.
I have never allowed anybody to bully or intimidate me.
Right back to school days(quite a while ago)
I'm not to give examples because frankly it would be neither important or interesting.
It's one thing to ask and quite another to order.
I chose to either "go with the flow"or not.
Then of course except the consequences of my actions be it words or deeds.
I do take the point about maybe the British government need to move quicker.
But there are political reasons for the delay.
These will become clearer over the next few months.

f1f5ff8df750a2659a21ecaf85b250c1.jpg

Tremendous victory for democracy 24/6/16. Let us rejoice with a picture of the cherubic 76th Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Huzzah! (And it was a tremendous victory for the economically marginalized, despite what select newspapers and rabid tweeters -whose emotional breakdowns on Twitter regarding #Brexit I've had the time of my life looking through - have to say; possibly justified negative opinions of the next Prime Minister notwithstanding.) P.S. Would vote for #IRExit in a heartbeat. Looking forward to #Nexit, #Frexit,#Grexit, and #Itexit; #Planexit too, if possible, for this planet to be allowed legally to leave the solar system. We can't reach our full potential until we distance ourselves from the rest of the Milky Way. Plenty of opportunities for trade deals with other galaxies, etc. #IRExit first, though, then we'll see. R.O.I. could take independent Scotland's place as part of Britain, even. All is forgiven. 100 years since the Rising - too soon?

P.P.S. Classic left-wingers from the 70s onwards, Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner, Ryan Giggs, Frank Field, even Jeremy Corbyn until recently, were always anti-EU. The likes of Tony Benn in the 80s Labour Party were seen as unelectable with their Eurosceptic stance too radical for Thatcher's yuppie Britain. Only in recent years has the EU begun to be seen - curiously - as a beacon of tolerance and hope and inclusiveness and liberalism by the 'left', rather than the rampantly oppressive working-class hating force that it is. It can't be reformed. Better off out. One can't help but wonder if the majority of the 75% of 18-24 year olds who voted to remain (and launched a petition for a second referendum) were aware of what they were actually voting for, and why they would continue to show their support for such a union if they did know. Because of freedom of movement? Cheap holidays in Ibiza and the south of France? F#%¿ off! I'd take self-governance instead, thanks. If I wanted to get p!ssed out of my head I could do it at home rather than shirtless in Majorca in 30 degree heat. #Victoryfordemocracy#IRExit #COYBIGLetsLeavetheEU

MOZAMBIGUOUS
Next door, waiting for his moment in the sun, but for now getting ready to watch pro-EU Northern Ireland duke it out with anti-EU Wales in Euro 2016's last 16. This. Is. Personal!
June 25 2016

Back
Top Bottom