Brett from Suede on Morrissey in Swedish podcast

Brett Anderson Hemma hos Strage:
https://www.acast.com/hemmahosstrage/brett-anderson-hemma-hos-strage
[22:30 in]

44543_brett_anderson.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A picture from another interview in his home:

original.jpg

Andreas Tilliander brought almost his entire Moz collection to his place.

The Morrissey panel at his home.

https://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/med-morrissey-i-nod-och-lust/

From left to right:
Peter Birro (author and director who made the swedish tv series "Viva Hate" which was awful.

Andreas Tilliander (musician)

Annina Rabe (Cultural journalist and litterature critic.)

Greta Thurfjell (Reporter and columnist)

Frredrik Strage himself.

He sounded afraid to insult Morrissey, he thought it was clever how original Morrissey's insult was??? He scares me too Brett, always on my best behavior at an M concert.

Brett has settled down, as Damon Albarn he used anything , well heroine....the new album is fantastic, more songs about him being a father more down to earth songs, the normal life, well everybody has an opinion, always liked Suede, and Bretts voice is along with David Sylvian which gives you goosebumps, sorry to say but I find this album better than Morrissey's LIHS, but by the time it will change, the album just releaesed, 3 or 4 songs as a teaser, so in a half year I might have a better opinion, in comparing. Enjoy the weekend, all.

Brett is a really lovely example on how to grow gracefully, in every respect. After some artistically lean years in the beginning of the millennium, the last three Suede albums have been excellent and Coal Black Mornings is a truly beautiful book. Should he try his hand as a novelist, I'm sure the result would be better than List Of The Lost.

Brett is a really lovely example on how to grow gracefully, in every respect. After some artistically lean years in the beginning of the millennium, the last three Suede albums have been excellent and Coal Black Mornings is a truly beautiful book. Should he try his hand as a novelist, I'm sure the result would be better than List Of The Lost.

Yes, he is cute. I like the way he looks now more than when he was younger. He looks like a person who reached personal equilibrium, probably he is in a good relationship and that helps a lot. Good for him, will read his book if you say it's good.

Sorry for anonymous reply - I can't remember my log in as I don't post here often.

Anyway - Suede's gear was stolen in Boston during their two night stand at Paradise club. I was lucky enough to see night one electric... then night two acoustic because their shit was stolen. Was really amazing to see them both nights... I have a really shitty bootleg cassette I made of both nights. Made me really love them forever, those two nights.

Scott
Saw them in LA as well . Acoustic show was awesome . Brett however seem upset with the sound folks . Matt walked around before the show signing autographs and taking pics .

Scott - Come on now - you gotta get that bootleg tape digitized and share. I have one from a LA Dog Man Star era show...if only I can find it!

MrShoes

Same here! I know I still have the cassettes... recently moved, so me already disorganized collection is really scattered!

Anyway - per your request - I am going to make an effort to find the cassettes and post them. The acoustic set at the Paradise was incredible. I do want to share it. My wife and I had lots of luck that year meeting our heroes... that night, we hing out briefly with Brett and Richard Oakes. Also spent some time with Crispin Hunt. Longpigs were opening for them.

Same year - spent quite a bit of time with Jonny Brigewoos, Boz, and Alaine Whyte when they were around on the Maladjusted tour. We're not groupies - just passionate fans of very few bands and happened to be in the right places at the right times!

I'll dig out those f***ing cassettes!

Scott

Brett has settled down, as Damon Albarn he used anything , well heroine....the new album is fantastic, more songs about him being a father more down to earth songs, the normal life, well everybody has an opinion, always liked Suede, and Bretts voice is along with David Sylvian which gives you goosebumps, sorry to say but I find this album better than Morrissey's LIHS, but by the time it will change, the album just releaesed, 3 or 4 songs as a teaser, so in a half year I might have a better opinion, in comparing. Enjoy the weekend, all.
Most people have no idea that these people use drugs as a way to look slim and fit when they're many times far from it. Amphetamines used as a way to have the same body as when young or to lose weight fast are commonly used among the famous.
I am sure Brett still uses drugs in one way or another.

Sad state of this world when people find his looks "healthy" when any masculine feature is gone and he looks like an old witch waiting for Jack the Ripper to come along. He looks old and wrinkly and his hair needs more vitamins and minerals and the many years on the road has taken its toll.
People tend to go easy on their idols and claim they look better now than they did when they were young but a young Moz and a young Brett looked a million times better than they do now.
Who are we kidding, ourselves?

Brett looks like an old cat waiting to be put down and I was shocked to learn he is only 51 cause he looks way older and I suppose the environment where he lives isn't that good for his skin.
As for Suede's new album it is so boring and the band lost everything that made them unique but people who aged mentally and physically champion the band as if they are still giving us something even in the year of 2018.
I just find that too many people are way to forgiving when it comes to ageing looks and music and are desperate to surf one final time as the adoring fans when the band and the fans have lost everything they once had.
Then we have the people that attempt some kind of intellectual verdict on Brett and the band and fall over themselves to praise this and that when in all honesty the music and the lyrics are just boring repeats of the old music and lyrics but with an old mans outlook on things.
No, he doesn't write better lyrics with more meaning BUT you've all grown older and so it's not like you identify with going out so the man singing about drinking tea and looking at the London sky makes you relate cause you live the same kind of boring life now when you used to have a hundred friends and reasons to avoid watching tv instead.
And to the ladies with daddy complex leave the man alone cause your actions are as bad as when some old guy is sneaking around kindergarten admiring children in a perverted way.
Perhaps we should instead crowd fund his headstone and have it made in time and also put him on the list for a carehome for the elderly place somewhere nice so he can perhaps record an album where you relate to his songs about constipation and the fact that his poop now looks like a rainbow.
When did you people become so boring and pretentious?
The more you cling on to desperation the more you lose your credibility. You're all old now and your time is over and let the kids do their thing and let old men like Brett die alone like an elephant or the only true dinosaur that ever walked the earth.
Vitamins and minerals and no drugs, Brett!

Brett stjärt tvestjärt är en engelsk sprätt utan vett som står sig rätt slätt och hans åldrande gör det inte lätt att jaga tonårsstjärt!

Urbanus the swedish poet.

It's all about his life before Suede -- the book ends with the band signing the record contract with Nude --, which does sound a bit boring but he writes about his childhood and early years in London really beautifully. I have got the impression that he's working on a sequel, which would naturally start covering the Suede years.

(btw. in a recent NME interview, Brett said that Suede are already discussing the next album. In all likelihood it will be less "out there" than The Blue Hour, closer to a traditional band sound. Which is probably for the best, because although I love the new album, the next station in that direction would be self-parody.)

Went to see Suede on Friday at Hammersmith. They were fab as always.
The interviewer might be well informed, but he definitely had an agenda with the questions on Moz. Kudos to Brett for not going down that route.

Last edited:
Brett looks like an old cat waiting to be put down and I was shocked to learn he is only 51 cause he looks way older and I suppose the environment where he lives isn't that good for his skin.
As for Suede's new album it is so boring and the band lost everything that made them unique but people who aged mentally and physically champion the band as if they are still giving us something even in the year of 2018.
I just find that too many people are way to forgiving when it comes to ageing looks and music and are desperate to surf one final time as the adoring fans when the band and the fans have lost everything they once had.
Then we have the people that attempt some kind of intellectual verdict on Brett and the band and fall over themselves to praise this and that when in all honesty the music and the lyrics are just boring repeats of the old music and lyrics but with an old mans outlook on things.
No, he doesn't write better lyrics with more meaning BUT you've all grown older and so it's not like you identify with going out so the man singing about drinking tea and looking at the London sky makes you relate cause you live the same kind of boring life now when you used to have a hundred friends and reasons to avoid watching tv instead.
And to the ladies with daddy complex leave the man alone cause your actions are as bad as when some old guy is sneaking around kindergarten admiring children in a perverted way.
Perhaps we should instead crowd fund his headstone and have it made in time and also put him on the list for a carehome for the elderly place somewhere nice so he can perhaps record an album where you relate to his songs about constipation and the fact that his poop now looks like a rainbow.
When did you people become so boring and pretentious?
The more you cling on to desperation the more you lose your credibility. You're all old now and your time is over and let the kids do their thing and let old men like Brett die alone like an elephant or the only true dinosaur that ever walked the earth.
Vitamins and minerals and no drugs, Brett!

What a sad, pathetic person you must be.

No, he doesn't write better lyrics with more meaning BUT you've all grown older and so it's not like you identify with going out so the man singing about drinking tea and looking at the London sky makes you relate cause you live the same kind of boring life now when you used to have a hundred friends and reasons to avoid watching tv instead

It is indeed undeniable that boring old man couplets such as "You're not alone when the world puts all the winter in you / Not alone, I'm there in the words that you use / You're never alone; your life is golden" pale when compared to such wordy, acute and youthful genius as:

Say daddy, who will protect us from the police?
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will

He's calling him gauche and immature. It's like saying you've got nothing better to do than lie in bed and eat cake... in the way of young people who live small lives in bedsits/their bedrooms because they haven't yet evolved. Funnily enough, rather like Morrissey was, or so the legend has it.

No, I think you're misreading it. Brett's image at the time was of some wild Byronic figure leading a debauched sex and drugs lifestyle. So, Morrissey's joke is that he actually is fairly dull and goes to bed alone with a cream cake. It's just an amusing comment and one Brett himself appreciated.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom