Breaking news - Morrissey cackles, returns to home planet. *spoof*

Re: Breaking news - Morrissey cackles, returns to home planet.

If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of a cricket slashing it's wrists.

I was thinking the blog's title about the blog entry.

This is a nice surprise - my brother saw me write the post and so, after I left the room, put it here on Solo to (in his words) "annoy some Morrissey fans".

I daresay it hasn't worked and also I got some criticism. A good day, overall. Can threads be deleted?

Last edited:

This is a nice surprise - my brother saw me write the post and so, after I left the room, put it here on Solo to (in his words) "annoy some Morrissey fans".

I daresay it hasn't worked and also I got some criticism. A good day, overall. Can threads be deleted?

Sorry. People call me crazy and ignore my posts all the time. It was my moment of bully displacement. :p

Nice blog. Very nice.
Regarding the criticism, I've noticed that most people on this site seem to be devoid of any sense of humour whatsoever, so I wouldn't worry.
Actually I can't imagine that any post in the history of this forum has ever been typed with more than one finger, a solitary digit that jabs determinedly at a keyboard laden with cornish pasty crumbs/cat hair.

Last edited:
Nice blog. Very nice.
Regarding the criticism, I've noticed that most people on this site seem to be devoid of any sense of humour whatsoever, so I wouldn't worry.
Actually I can't imagine that any post in the history of this forum has ever been typed with more than one finger, a solitary digit that jabs determinedly at a keyboard laden with cornish pasty crumbs/cat hair.

Ah, thanks kindly weewoo. I rarely take any criticism to heart when it comes to my writing. Sure, I make the odd grammatical mistake, but what human doesn't? I'm not Microsoft Word, and I hold that a true lover of language recognises and celebrates its fluid and changing nature.

And as for criticism of my humour? Comedy is entirely subjective, so I never worry when people suggest that I'm not funny. It will never truly bother me. I'll alway feel flattered when someone compliments it though, so thank you.

Ah, thanks kindly weewoo. I rarely take any criticism to heart when it comes to my writing. Sure, I make the odd grammatical mistake, but what human doesn't? I'm not Microsoft Word, and I hold that a true lover of language recognises and celebrates its fluid and changing nature.

And as for criticism of my humour? Comedy is entirely subjective, so I never worry when people suggest that I'm not funny. It will never truly bother me. I'll alway feel flattered when someone compliments it though, so thank you.

Edit:

I'll always feel flattered when someone compliments it, though. So thank you.

Last edited:
Edit:

*BZZT* Please try again.

You really do need to stop trying to correct grammar and punctuation on the forum. Not only is it annoying, but your expertise is mediocre.

I mean, you actually got one minor correction right and then made 2 more errors.

*tsk-tsk*

Edit:

My mispelling (sic) of "always" was quite clearly a mistake, and not a misinformed attempt at spelling it correctly. And the structure of the sentence? I'm pretty sure everyone knew what I meant.

Some people are so drab. Incidentally, I've actually written about grammatical corrections before, in a post titled "Local News - Facebook user makes spelling mistake, pretentious friend corrects him in an act of lonely self-validation." - http://iknowoscarwilde.tumblr.com/post/7388663616

Thank you to the other forum users who accept that we are not all Microsoft Word and that, heaven forfend, we do occasionally make mistakes. A lover of language accepts its fluidity and allows the odd mistake to pass. A lover of language does not spew leagues of purple prose in an attempt to seem intellectually charged.

Back
Top Bottom