Breaking News: IOW implies that Morrissey a liar

• Thread starter Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade...demanding Schappel
  • Start date
T

Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade...demanding Schappel

"It's been confirmed that Morrissey (left) will not be appearing at the Nokia IW Festival. He claims he never agreed to play the Saturday night and that it was his old record label that signed him up. But this has been denied by organisers Solo who say Morrissey has 'let everyone down'. We'll bring you the very latest here on IW Radio first."

http://www.iwradio.co.uk/index.aspx

I say: A pox on all their houses.

> "It's been confirmed that Morrissey (left) will not be appearing at
> the Nokia IW Festival. He claims he never agreed to play the Saturday
> night and that it was his old record label that signed him up. But this
> has been denied by organisers Solo who say Morrissey has 'let everyone
> down'. We'll bring you the very latest here on IW Radio first."

> http://www.iwradio.co.uk/index.aspx I say: A pox on all their houses.

On the IOW festival website forum they've set their filters to replace "Morrissey" with "Bananarama".

> On the IOW festival website forum they've set their filters to replace
> "Morrissey" with "Bananarama".

That is hilarious.

The day will never come when I can post a subject heading w/out typos. Put an IS in there.

and Billy Ray Sirus. I object to people takin the piss out of a serious question

Not Bananarama now. Here's a random example

"I have 2 adult and 2 child tickets which I no longer need.

I bought these tickets because Virgin Radio/Billy Ray Sirus-Music.com and this website confirmed that Billy Ray Sirus was playing.

Now, a full 2 weeks before the event, we find out this is untrue.

Would it be possible for the festival organisers to produce a document which confirms that Billy Ray Sirus had agreed to play the festival in the first place?

Is anybody willing to take responsibility and offer refunds/compensation? I am £450 out of pocket (including travel) and to be fair, although Billy Ray Sirus cancelling is not an uncommon thing, I do not believe that Billy Ray Sirus actually confirmed.

You are selling tickets under false pretences.

I did post a message here many months ago asking what would happen if Billy Ray Sirus did not play. I did not receive a satisfactory reply then...please could I have one now?

Many thanks."

Re: Random? That's MY effin message

Just the first one I saw!

Hope you get a result - you're up against it, I fear.

> "It's been confirmed that Morrissey (left) will not be appearing at
> the Nokia IW Festival. He claims he never agreed to play the Saturday
> night and that it was his old record label that signed him up. But this
> has been denied by organisers Solo who say Morrissey has 'let everyone
> down'. We'll bring you the very latest here on IW Radio first."

> http://www.iwradio.co.uk/index.aspx I say: A pox on all their houses.

hold on a minute....i'm grabbing my grocery list and writing in a reminder to get some popcorn and some raisinettes.

Billboard has an article on it

> hold on a minute....i'm grabbing my grocery list and writing in a reminder
> to get some popcorn and some raisinettes.

LOL! Don't forget the Twizzlers!

Billboard's article, in case it hasn't been posted yet:

Morrissey Splitting With Sanctuary?
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000939149

Billboard: "well-respected fan site True To You"

Way to go, Julia. Not just a fan site anymore!

Several articles are claiming Morrissey has dumped Sanctuary

Well, it's the same article appearing on many different sites. It's not clear that they actually have any new information, however.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=144829546&p=y4483xz5z

======
Morrissey splits with Sanctuary over Isle of Wight mix up

01/06/2005 - 09:25:05

Former The Smiths frontman Morrissey is dumping his record company after staff incorrectly convinced British fans their hero would be performing at the upcoming Isle of Wight festival.

In an Internet statement, Morrissey blasts Sanctuary Records staff for the confusion, insisting he plans to take his business elsewhere before his next album release.

He explains: "My contract with Sanctuary ended last year and hasn't been renewed.

"In truth, since our closing dates last year in London and Dublin, my personal involvement in anything that has followed has been sub minus zero.

"There will be a new signing for the new album, so please wait until you hear the news from my lips. Everything else is just gossip."

Morrissey has also been further annoyed by incorrect record company news suggesting he has fallen out with longtime drummer Dean Butterworth, who has recently joined rockers Good Charlotte.

He adds: "I am annoyed that Sanctuary have thrown this in without consulting either Deano or myself."
======