Morrissey Central "Brazil TV" (August 25, 2022)

I enjoyed this song you poste, but I was not so fond of her voice on the Smiths. But I said much the same about Brendan Flowers the other day though.

The purpose of the post is then to show that his light still shines in Brazil, and it is a nice thing to know.

There are lots of Morrissey lovers in Brazil.

Boz and Alain used to laugh at M when he wasn't there back in the day, hey guy said- I tend to believe it
I believe it as well, certainly during the Kill Uncle tour. I often got the vibe they thought Moz's stage persona was a bit daft, and that they weren't particularly taken with many of those songs they had to play on that tour either. When they started to write and perform their own songs with Moz (and the money started rolling in) is I think when they started to change and respect Moz a bit more (probably helped that by then they were feeling that this could be a long-term thing after all). This is why I was surprised when Alain recently said the film of the Hammersmith gig shows how good a band they were and that he loved Our Frank. I just never got that vibe from any of them on that '91 tour, seemed like they were in it for a piss-take.

Disagree with your sentiments about Boz and Alain though. Boz was certainly a yes man, glumly throwing his dignity to the wind on a nightly basis when Moz would order him onstage in drag or some awkwardly offensive t-shirt. Alain, however, I suspect had more self-respect and wasn't afraid to stand up to Moz, hence his excommunication for so many years. I certainly don't agree he is a coattail grabber - quite the opposite.

Well, it is salvageable that they sing The Smiths although it is true that it was not right, and the worst was the end with those insurmountable screams, but they were happy it was like being with a group of friends to play songs that you like very much. It must be said that Morrissey Central is very "poor" with what it publishes. And I wonder, if Moz loved to create with SMiths album covers, why doesn't he generate creative stuff at Central?
Moz must have enough free time, because he does not take the helm of Central, he can write from time to time what he wants, he is skilled for that, he can tell things about his long career, something has to occur to Moz does something dear, your site is poorly managed!!!!!!

Sometimes I could cry when I think how lost M must be at times, no one to turn to and how he has ended up like this
Its not too bad, but its far from f***ing great

I was in London last week and speaking to someone who used to run with Boz and that lot, in the 90s
They said apart from Linder and her Ex Michael, they couldn't see anyone had M's back

I think Linder's art is pretty boring mate. but she stands up to M and she doesn't bow down in press and lick his ass She has her own career and is pretty respected by most.
In spite of having her own life, she has M's back. Tina did as well.

None of them really have M's back now - Boz and Alain used to laugh at M when he wasn't there back in the day, hey guy said- I tend to believe it
You can kind of see Boz was a yes man who does whatever for the Job, Alain is an out and out coat tail jumper.
Jesse at least seems to be more protective toward M than Boz and Alain.but he would be away if more money came along. Sam is just crass beyond words and the hairdresser guy isnt much better
There aren't many M has to trust and bounce idea's off

Some on here said they think James is the only one who can tell it like it is to M , they are so wrong.LOL
James is someone who has known M a long time but he doesn't know that much about him these days, shit not since 86, really. Not well. . He can't tell M shit and is scared of M ever finding out about his bitching.
I really think if it wasn't for people like Boz and Alain and James and Jesse and family like Sam. M would have been much f***ing better off
I think I’ve referenced this before, but I can’t help but being brought back to it when I see things like this.

Roger Clemens was a pitcher for USA’s MLB. He had a good career, but then all of a sudden he became resurrected and nobody could hit off him. He was doing steroids and everyone knew it. Plain as day.

The thing was, he denied it for so long, so much, that a clinical psychologist said that there is a mental process where the denier actually starts to believe the lie he has told so much.

Maybe Moz has been told for 30 years that he is record-deal material and that he should get a 2 million dollar up front forward, plus major support promotion. Those days are gone. They are never coming back. But I fear that our Mozzer has been told this for so long, that he actually, undeniably believes it, whereas it is plain as day for us all to see that it is not.

Never before do I think we as avid followers, believers, and lovers of Morrissey’s music have we been torn. We want to support our man, but he is deaf to any way that isn’t his own.

So where does that leave us?

For him, without a a record deal, and for us, without a record.

Be well and safe all…..

This is a lovely cover. They really do it justice and they joy on their faces at playing such a beautiful songs is heart warming.

Sometimes I could cry when I think how lost M must be at times, no one to turn to and how he has ended up like this

I was in London last week and speaking to someone who used to run with Boz and that lot, in the 90s
They said apart from Linder and her Ex Michael, they couldn't see anyone had M's back

I think Linder's art is pretty boring mate. but she stands up to M and she doesn't bow down in press and lick his ass She has her own career and is pretty respected by most.

None of them really have M's back now - Boz and Alain used to laugh at M when he wasn't there back in the day, hey guy said- I tend to believe it
You can kind of see Boz was a yes man who does whatever for the Job, Alain is an out and out coat tail jumper.
Jesse at least seems to be more protective toward M than Boz and Alain.but he would be away if more money came along. Sam is just crass beyond words and the hairdresser guy isnt much better

Some on here said they think James is the only one who can tell it like it is to M , they are so wrong.LOL
James is someone who has known M a long time but he doesn't know that much about him these days, shit not since 86, really. Not well. . He can't tell M shit and is scared of M ever finding out about his bitching.
I really think if it wasn't for people like Boz and Alain and James and Jesse and family like Sam. M would have been much f***ing better off
Or maybe you're just expecting too much? The truth is, Alain and Boz and any musician - they weren't recruited to become Morrissey's best friends and to have his back for life, they were brought in to do a job. They are his employees. Laughing at him when he's not around is no different to any employee bitching about the boss, really. There is only so far you can go in becoming friends with people on the payroll, as Moz well knows.

So should I go see The Killers with Marr this Sunday?
Bring sunglasses so that Brandon's pearly gnashers don't blind you. And his fake smiles and nods which remind me of Trump. The Killers music has diluted to radio friendly musak at this stage, in my opinion. As plastic as that fake palm tree he used to hide behind on older tours.

This video was an informal presentation on Brazilian MTV in the 90's... The presentation was beautiful, cheerful and respectful. Pato Fu is a lovely band! How many boring and unpleasant people here!

Or maybe you're just expecting too much? The truth is, Alain and Boz and any musician - they weren't recruited to become Morrissey's best friends and to have his back for life, they were brought in to do a job. They are his employees. Laughing at him when he's not around is no different to any employee bitching about the boss, really. There is only so far you can go in becoming friends with people on the payroll, as Moz well knows.

Agree. But it should be noted, out of all the musicians that he’s worked with, I’ve never seen him hangout with any one of them as much as he’s been seen hanging out with Jesse. So call it a rare case, maybe.

i love this fan fiction!

I tend to disagree with your last statement. It is fairly well documented that M struggles in his social relationships, and the fact that he was able to develop lasting working relationships with people like Alain, Boz and Jesse can also be viewed as an achievement. I can’t see M work with different songwriters on each lp, because M seems to need a lot of time to feel confortable with people. He was in that situation when Street left until the lads arrived. M didn’t produce his best work in that period.

That last sentence is especially true, and you've seen that repeated in recent years.

The album "I'm Not A Dog..." is very disjointed sometimes and bounces around, due to all the different artists playing on it - his cohesive band (whether due to pandemic or otherwise) seemed to be no more. No matter what you think about "World Peace" and "High School" -- the band was tight, inventive, and the songs blended together well (many B-sides were particularly nice also - and that's a big sign of cohesiveness).

When Morrissey works with 'odd' people, you get odd results, like Kill Uncle. "Dog" was this generation's Kill Uncle, because like 'Dog' KU's tracklist is crazy varied and touches on like 5 styles of music - but that doesn't always equal a great album (a Greatest Hits, maybe).

That last sentence is especially true, and you've seen that repeated in recent years.

The album "I'm Not A Dog..." is very disjointed sometimes and bounces around, due to all the different artists playing on it - his cohesive band (whether due to pandemic or otherwise) seemed to be no more. No matter what you think about "World Peace" and "High School" -- the band was tight, inventive, and the songs blended together well (many B-sides were particularly nice also - and that's a big sign of cohesiveness).

When Morrissey works with 'odd' people, you get odd results, like Kill Uncle. "Dog" was this generation's Kill Uncle, because like 'Dog' KU's tracklist is crazy varied and touches on like 5 styles of music - but that doesn't always equal a great album (a Greatest Hits, maybe).
Interesting post. I really do like World Peace as an album, especially the deluxe version, and LIHS starts out very strong but loses it for me after 6 or 7 songs. Both albums came after an extensive period of touring (2011 -2012 and 2014-2016 respectively). So the band was well oiled and still excited to play together.
I personally don’t think of Dog as his KU of the 21st century. Perhaps it had less involvement from Boz in his role as musical director, which made the sound less consistent.
Anyway, if I follow your reasoning, we should not expect BOT to be very good because it wasn’t recorded with his band but with session musicians?

omg :rolleyes: Why do you make up these stories?

Looks like they are having fun and the take on the performance is actually kinda charming. Seen worse performances by Morrissey and we all like him.

What is gruesome is the fat cartoon lady who farts and explodes half way through the song

I believe it as well, certainly during the Kill Uncle tour. I often got the vibe they thought Moz's stage persona was a bit daft, and that they weren't particularly taken with many of those songs they had to play on that tour either. When they started to write and perform their own songs with Moz (and the money started rolling in) is I think when they started to change and respect Moz a bit more (probably helped that by then they were feeling that this could be a long-term thing after all). This is why I was surprised when Alain recently said the film of the Hammersmith gig shows how good a band they were and that he loved Our Frank. I just never got that vibe from any of them on that '91 tour, seemed like they were in it for a piss-take.

Disagree with your sentiments about Boz and Alain though. Boz was certainly a yes man, glumly throwing his dignity to the wind on a nightly basis when Moz would order him onstage in drag or some awkwardly offensive t-shirt. Alain, however, I suspect had more self-respect and wasn't afraid to stand up to Moz, hence his excommunication for so many years. I certainly don't agree he is a coattail grabber - quite the opposite.
In around 2003, I met Boz and Lynn before a Polecats show just outside of LA. I mentioned Moz, and Lynn shrieked “that CHEAP BASTARD!” Boz quietly shushed her and that was that.

They are having a good time. They are playing tribute to the best band ever, the Smiths.

Why is everyone criticizing? What do you want? Jeeeze....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom