Brazil, Peru, Chile, Finland rarities now listed on eBay

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by BrokenFriend, Dec 25, 2018.

1. BrokenFriend

BrokenFriend New Member

Folks

Just for info I've been sourcing for a while and have now listed a batch of rarities on eBay.

Primary items include:

Peru - Hatful Of Hollow - cassette in almost mint condition;
    Brazil - Bona Drag and Vauxhall And I - *sealed* cassettes in mint condition;
    Finland - Kill Uncle - remastered CD promo.

They have got reserves on - and I know how annoying reserves are - but I made some awful sales this year so just protecting myself. I'm working on some more South American items coming soon, and a South African 10" 'Suede' acetate.

Best wishes and Happy Christmas :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_...om=&_ssn=brokenfriend&_sac=1#seeAllAnchorLink

2. ordinaryboy86

ordinaryboy86 Well-Known Member

I had one of those kill uncle Finnish cdrs last month, was shocked to see it only make £49. I love that Peru cassette btw, but reserves put me right off. Best of luck with them.

3. lutewinebemine

lutewinebemine Member

Is there a possibility these will appear on Discogs a few days after you apparently sell them on eBay but cheaper? That’s what happened last time you had stuff on eBay? Puts me off more than the reserves...

• Like Like x 1
  4. jacktheripper

jacktheripper Member

Just curious to know how rare are the Finland Kill Uncle CD-Rs? Why did you get rid of it? Do you have more for sale?

5. jacktheripper

jacktheripper Member

So what’s up buddy? I’m still curious to know how rare are the Finland Kill Uncle CD-Rs? Why did you get rid of it? Do you have more for sale? I’m only asking you since you posted here that you once had one for sale and were surprised to only get £49 pounds. Let’s here your side of the story buddy.

6. ordinaryboy86

I sold it cos I thought I was gonna get a lot of money for it :paranoid: (and I don’t really collect CDs). Was worth more than £50 imo, but that’s what it went for, I think that’s what BrokenFriend’s copy sold for too.
    (Those are only two I’ve seen thus far).

7. jacktheripper

jacktheripper Member

Thanks again ordinaryboy86 for all your time in answering my questions much appreciated.

8. ordinaryboy86

You’re right, half of those have just been relisted.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this suggest he’s winning the bid himself??

10. ordinaryboy86

Not at all. Could just be a non-payer buyer. Either way seeing these rare cassettes listed with reserves, wasting a week on bidding then eventually seeing them relisted, just kills the novelty on them for me. I was quite excited to see some of these turn up on eBay, Brazilian QIDs, Chile Viva Hate and so on, now with multiple re-lists, they just lose a bit of appeal.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea, fair point.

12. ordinaryboy86

Can never rule out shill bidding like lol but it’s dangerous to accuse people with no proof. Some of my recent auctions have gone for stupid money, to the point where I’ve been quite embarrassed. My barbarism 12” French promo went for £410! Was scratching my head a bit but like Tera said, once two people getting into a bidding war, all logic seems to go out the window.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don’t be embarrassed about raking the pounds in. Just smile.