Bravo's Scariest Movies Moments

Corrissey

lovable loser
Just in time for Halloween :eek:

I watched this on Bravo tonight -50 of the 100 scariest movie moments. And now I'm scurrred :o:tears: I've seen almost all of them...and I wonder why I'm afraid of the dark :rolleyes: You guys discuss...I'm going to hurry and crawl into bed with my dh and cats (for protection :D) and try not to dream about esp the top 30. Back to discuss things in the daylight...

The 100 Scariest Movie Moments counts down the most bone-chilling moments in cinematic history. Featuring interviews, film clips, and production stills, Bravo's series of fright nights looks at scenes from a variety of movie classics. From cunning raptors stalking the children of Jurassic Park to bees pouring from the killer's mouth in Candyman, to the attack of the muderous clown in Poltergeist, this mini-series explores what went into the making of these scenes and searches beyond the conventions of the genre to uncover the number one scary movie moment of all time.

During the course of five nights, fans will see over 100 exclusive interviews with film greats such as Wes Craven ("The Nightmare on Elm Street"), Stephen King ("The Shining"), Peter Jackson ("Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"), Courtney Cox ("Scream"), John Carpenter ("Halloween"), Clive Barker ("Candyman"), and John Landis ("American Werewolf in London").

Scariest Movie Moments Countdown

50. The Last House on the Left
49. Diabolique
48. The Thing
47. Nosferatu
46. The Sentinel
45. The Wicker Man
44. The Game
43. It's Alive!
42. An American Werewolf in London
41. The Hills Have Eyes
40. Black Sunday
39. Dawn of the
38. Peeping Tom
37. House on Haunted Hill
36. Cape Fear
35. Aliens
34. The Hitcher
33. The Fly
32. Pet Sematary
31. Friday the 13th
30. Blair Witch Project
29. Serpent and the Rainbow
28. When a Stranger Calls
27. Frankenstein
26. Seven
25. Phantasm
24. Suspiria
23. Rosemary's Baby
22. Don't Look Now
21. Jacob's Ladder
20. The Ring
19. Hellraiser
18. The Haunting
17. A Nightmare on Elm Street
16. The Omen
15. Freaks
14. Halloween
13. Scream
12. Misery
11. Audition
10. Wait Until Dark
9. Night of the Living Dead
8. Carrie
7. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shining
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Psycho
3. Exorcist
2. Alien
1. Jaws

I couldn't watch anything about the Exorcist *turned channel till it was safe*

Movie Moments:

#100-#51: http://themoviepage.net/bravoscariestmovies.html

#50-#1: http://themoviepage.net/bravoscariestmovies2.html

Here's EPBabe's related, but locked thread about scary movies: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83192&highlight=scariest+movie+you've

Last edited:
eh, sorry... I didn't realize EP's thread contained an evil clown picture and esheh and cassie's ghost stories. :eek:

Just in time for Halloween :eek:

I watched this on Bravo tonight -50 of the 100 scariest movie moments. And now I'm scurrred :o:tears: I've seen almost all of them...and I wonder why I'm afraid of the dark :rolleyes: You guys discuss...I'm going to hurry and crawl into bed with my dh and cats (for protection :D) and try not to dream about esp the top 30. Back to discuss things in the daylight...

The 100 Scariest Movie Moments counts down the most bone-chilling moments in cinematic history. Featuring interviews, film clips, and production stills, Bravo's series of fright nights looks at scenes from a variety of movie classics. From cunning raptors stalking the children of Jurassic Park to bees pouring from the killer's mouth in Candyman, to the attack of the muderous clown in Poltergeist, this mini-series explores what went into the making of these scenes and searches beyond the conventions of the genre to uncover the number one scary movie moment of all time.

During the course of five nights, fans will see over 100 exclusive interviews with film greats such as Wes Craven ("The Nightmare on Elm Street"), Stephen King ("The Shining"), Peter Jackson ("Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"), Courtney Cox ("Scream"), John Carpenter ("Halloween"), Clive Barker ("Candyman"), and John Landis ("American Werewolf in London").

Scariest Movie Moments Countdown

50. The Last House on the Left
49. Diabolique
48. The Thing
47. Nosferatu
46. The Sentinel
45. The Wicker Man
44. The Game
43. It's Alive!
42. An American Werewolf in London
41. The Hills Have Eyes
40. Black Sunday
39. Dawn of the
38. Peeping Tom
37. House on Haunted Hill
36. Cape Fear
35. Aliens
34. The Hitcher
33. The Fly
32. Pet Sematary
31. Friday the 13th
30. Blair Witch Project
29. Serpent and the Rainbow
28. When a Stranger Calls
27. Frankenstein
26. Seven
25. Phantasm
24. Suspiria
23. Rosemary's Baby
22. Don't Look Now
21. Jacob's Ladder
20. The Ring
19. Hellraiser
18. The Haunting
17. A Nightmare on Elm Street
16. The Omen
15. Freaks
14. Halloween
13. Scream
12. Misery
11. Audition
10. Wait Until Dark
9. Night of the Living Dead
8. Carrie
7. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shining
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Psycho
3. Exorcist
2. Alien
1. Jaws

Movie Moments:

#100-#50: http://themoviepage.net/bravoscariestmovies.html

#50-#1: http://themoviepage.net/bravoscariestmovies2.html

Here's EPBabe's related, but locked thread about scary movies: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83192&highlight=scariest+movie+you've

Also, "Soylent Green" and "American Psycho" - but I'll always contend that the first "Halloween" is the scariest! "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (original version) is pretty damn scary as well. (whispers) "Candyman...." shhhhh :eek:

i am a huge fan of horror movies, but they never scare me anymore. i think the last time i felt disturbed by a movie after watching it was the second time i saw the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre about 4 years ago. one scene that really stood out for me from that film was the part where Sally is waiting in the gas station after being chased by Leatherface, and they show a close up of that bloody human meat on the grill.

the only two times i was ever actually scared from a horror movie, one was not even a horror movie but more a thriller "henry: portrait of a serial killer" and the first time i saw" texas chainsaw massacre "(original) i remember watching it at a friends hour,i was maybe 18 and driving as fast as i could home after watching it , with the light inside my car on.

i love horror films but they do not scare me.i must have about 500 horror films on dvd and video.low budget fore films are the best.

the only two times i was ever actually scared from a horror movie, one was not even a horror movie but more a thriller "henry: portrait of a serial killer" and the first time i saw" texas chainsaw massacre "(original) i remember watching it at a friends hour,i was maybe 18 and driving as fast as i could home after watching it , with the light inside my car on.

i love horror films but they do not scare me.i must have about 500 horror films on dvd and video.low budget fore films are the best.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer scared me as well. Weird that it didn't make Bravo's list. And why was Jaws #1? I havent seen that movie in a long time, but I don't remember it being all that scary.

And they're crazy with Psycho being so high on the list. Psycho is a historically important movie for its genre, but it's so dated and imitated by now that it's really not scary to new viewers at all.

I'm glad The Hitcher (original) made the list. That movie did scare me! As did Alien. As did Halloween and Last House on the Left.

I dig horror movies, but most aren't very scary. Suspense thrillers get to me the most.

Last edited:
"Phantasm" still scares me.

Oh yeah... that one did a doozie on my young mind. :tears:

Hey guys, did you know in Halloween, the mask Mike Meyers wore was a WILLIAM SHATNER mask?!!!! :eek: :p

Has anyone ever seen Susperia, Freaks or Audition? Those looked pretty rad/scary.

I prefer suspense thrillers too. And as for horror movies, those from the 80s are the best: Nightmare on Elm Street, or Hellraiser.

The last movie that scared the hell out of me was 28 Days Later, I watched it last night. :o

^^^
both 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are really good!!!

no way though that Alien and Jaws are scarier than the Exorcist. the Exorcist is the scariest movie ever. hands down. I've seen that move 20 times, but I will still have a hard time sleeping after watching it.

^^^

no way though that Alien and Jaws are scarier than the Exorcist. the Exorcist is the scariest movie ever. hands down. I've seen that move 20 times, but I will still have a hard time sleeping after watching it.

I was surprised Jaws was their #1 too, but after watching clips...I easily remembered how afraid I was to take a bath or shower (drain shark! :eek:) or swim in a POOL! And that music! Very effective.

I didn't even watch the clip of Exorcist but her face popped into my head as I was trying to fall asleep. NOOOO Brain Bleach Needed!! *pictures bunnies and kittens*

I was surprised Jaws was their #1 too, but after watching clips...I easily remembered how afraid I was to take a bath or shower (drain shark! :eek:) or swim in a POOL! And that music! Very effective.

I didn't even watch the clip of Exorcist but her face popped into my head as I was trying to fall asleep. NOOOO Brain Bleach Needed!! *pictures bunnies and kittens*

when it was re-released on DVD about 5 years ago or so, they added a couple scenes that were originally cut out. one of them was a scene where she crawled down the stairs all backwards and super creepy. one of the scariest scenes ever! and it wasnt even in the originally movie! ughhhh. :o

Oh yeah... that one did a doozie on my young mind. :tears:

Hey guys, did you know in Halloween, the mask Mike Meyers wore was a WILLIAM SHATNER mask?!!!! :eek: :p

Has anyone ever seen Susperia, Freaks or Audition? Those looked pretty rad/scary.

If Myers had broken into a spoken word version of Mr. Tambourine Man or Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (while wearing the Shatner mask) it would have been really frightening.

^^^

What she said. Jaws? Puhleese....:rolleyes:

Corrissey, did you see numbers 100-80? (I think they are in intervals of twenty.) I ask because they show the eye drilling scene from Zombi. That's the most disgusting movie scene I've ever watched. :sick:

that film is horrific. It really, really freaked me out. I was babysitting for my best friend, and I thought I'd watch it once the kids' were in bed. I kept dozing off, which made it worse because I was dreaming about it, and then I woke up, turned round, and realised my best friends' daughter was standing there! :eek: hope she didn't see too much...

8 movies thats 'scared' me:

Locataire.jpg

The Tenant, this film actually gave me serious nightmares when i finally sat through the whole thing last year, every other time i watched it
i drank too much and passed out before the end!

ringu.jpg

Ringu is actually what its called, its way better than the american version

TheShining.jpg

the 80s were incredible for horror, i have seen this movie, over and over again
especially since once when i was a boy, i ran from my drunken father on a ski trip
he was chasing me in the snow, screamin and yellin at me
he didnt die though and shortly after that trip he stopped drinking
years later, he watched 'The Shining' with me
he never said anything, but i could tell he felt bad at how much he scared me that day long ago in the snow
because of the way he looked down and got all teary eyed during that final scene
i pretended not to notice, but i saw, oh i saw...

Halloween_cover.jpg

the movie that scared me most as a kid, i mean he just seemed like such a real kind of bad guy to me rather than a monster, you know?

Alien_movie_poster.jpg

i f***in loved this movie, still do, i adored my alien doll too
it was my protector i thought and wow as Ripley one awesome chick!

suspiria.jpg

i like a lot of Dario, but this one really is a must see by all

Carrieposter.jpg

the final scene almost gave me a heart attack i think

Night_of_the_Living_Dead_affiche.jpg

i adore 'zombie movies' and it all started with this one for me

I didn't like Ringu at all. :( But Ring scared the hell out of me.

Tags
boo! scary movies
Back
Top Bottom