Bravery thread from 2005

wemissumoz

Don't call me Junior
The Bravery - celebrated neophyte band 'knows nothing' about The Smiths

Sound of 2005: The Bravery - BBC News

...The haircuts seem to be borrowed from The Smiths circa 1984, while the leather jackets indicate their association with the recent Manhattan rock scene of The Strokes

...Despite comparisons to UK bands ranging from The Smiths to Duran Duran, he insists there is very little early 1980s British influence - even in the haircuts.

"I have to say that I know nothing about The Smiths. I know one song, the one that has the cat noise - that's the only single I know."

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/05/01/10/177243.shtml

Every Morrissey song has "the cat noise" sp I don't know what he means.

Every Morrissey song has "the cat noise" sp I don't know what he means.

My best guess is interpreting the main riff in How Soon Is Now to resemble a cat's yowl. Otherwise, I have no idea what the hell he is referring to.

My best guess is interpreting the main riff in How Soon Is Now to resemble a cat's yowl. Otherwise, I have no idea what the hell he is referring to.

I had a chemistry teacher in 10th grade who referred to the "Ann Coates" track in "Bigmouth" as "the chipmunk voice."

I had a chemistry teacher in 10th grade who referred to the "Ann Coates" track in "Bigmouth" as "the chipmunk voice."

Your 10th grade chemistry teacher was by far the coolest teacher in the history of book-learnin'.

Your 10th grade chemistry teacher was by far the coolest teacher in the history of book-learnin'.

He gave me a f***ing 89% for a final grade. Like, come on, man. I've been graduated for years, and I'm still not over it.

Back
Top Bottom