"Brandon Flowers Bans His Kids From Listening To Morrissey's Songs Due To His Racist Views" - Aceshowbiz (April 18, 2020)

Brandon Flowers Bans His Kids From Listening To Morrissey's Songs Due To His Racist Views

Shoplifterromo sends the NME article indicating the original interview from The Times:

Shoplifterromo also sends the link:

Brandon Flowers Admits It’s ‘Difficult’ to Separate Morrissey’s Politics and Music - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer my own race. If it was up to the EU they would start forcing white woman to date black men.

"Ultimately everyone prefers their own race". Was this based on research that he's carried out? Of course not. He's stating that he prefers his own race, and he's (wrongly) assuming everyone else does too.
Studies in child development suggest that racial bias may be present in babies 6-9 mos, discriminating faces from their race with positive associations when compared with those of a different race. And, As adults, everyone is guilty of implicit bias or acting with preconceived notions.

MORRISSEY cares little less than a fart!!!
Flores and their children and me too!!!!!!!
Ahh but it was a wet fart into his white lounge trousers he wore at 02 London a few years back, at his next gig he'll be throwing them unwashed into the 'Moz pit'!

No, he's not. He's relating it to diversity where different groups demand rights based on their shared identity & he's dismissing it.

Don’t you mean, I think he’s relating it to diversity where different groups demand rights based on their shared identity & he's dismissing it.

I despise the killers especially this pretentious skinny jean wearing eyeliner toting fool in particular oh wait, that was circa 2005 when Brandon Flowers was most relevant, Now he gets by using Morrissey's fame, what a shame. :sleeping:

I despise the killers especially this pretentious skinny jean wearing eyeliner toting fool in particular oh wait, that was circa 2005 when Brandon Flowers was most relevant, Now he gets by using Morrissey's fame, what a shame. :sleeping:

Really, I'm sure they have just sold out 9 stadiums in the UK and Ireland, whereas Morrissey could't sell out 2 arenas a few weeks ago?

Much as I like The Killers, how anyone Mormon can mention another's supposed racism is laughable. Just look at Mormon beliefs and practices .... They are and have been racist since inception. In their rewritten holy texts that came to Smith on "plates of gold" the mark of Cain which is never described in the Bible is in Mormon text a change of skin colour to black and slavery follows !!!!! Up until 1978 (Christ the Pistols had split by then) the entire religion never had more than 2 black priests and they were limited in what they could do. In the book of Mormon it states FGS if a true believer and fully repentant black skinned people can become white and vice versa. Still in their online blogs these issues are argued about. Obvs not every Mormon is a racist ass but Flowers and the like should look closer to home before critising .. believe there's a well know biblical quote about such

Still waiting for that twat @AztecCamera to address this post with
"The California Son...
* indecipherable drivel* inn in in innnn in inn it c***-titt wank-slag chuckle chuckle."

?Who's the man
What a burn
Who's the man
That's a burn
That's a man with a burn
WHAT A BURN?

When you read the actual interview, you can see that he's been "clickbaited" and taken out of context. Morrissey fans should understand that.

We listened to a bit of Viva Hate in the car last year at one point and when "Bengali in Platforms" came on, our 11 yr old said "What does he mean by that, that life is hard enough when you belong here?" We ended up having a really interesting chat about different cultures and immigration and why some grown-ups might be scared of people from other parts of the world coming to their country. (The 11 yr old thought that was stupid, to be scared.)

Why would someone be scared?

What a stupid headline. Since when is 'banning' the same as 'not encouraging'?? He even said very recently that for him Morrissey was still a king so I call this total bullshit.

What a stupid headline. Since when is 'banning' the same as 'not encouraging'?? He even said very recently that for him Morrissey was still a king so I call this total bullshit.

It's called clickbait.

Really, I'm sure they have just sold out 9 stadiums in the UK and Ireland, whereas Morrissey could't sell out 2 arenas a few weeks ago?

Low availability, but "sold out" does sound nicer. I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic show, most stadium sized concerts are, :ha-no:. If the Killers are from Las Vegas have they ever played a residency on the strip? Probably in the days when they were nobody and covered songs by the smiths for attention.

It's very perceptive of them to pick up on that and nice that it was a topic for discussion. It doesn't sound like you tried to make them think one thing or another but used it to discuss how different people think. Excellent communication and you should be proud.
Have you lifted this from your teacher training placement log book?

Low availability, but "sold out" does sound nicer. I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic show, most stadium sized concerts are, :ha-no:. If the Killers are from Las Vegas have they ever played a residency on the strip? Probably in the days when they were nobody and covered songs by the smiths for attention.

Why on earth would they play a residency on the strip? From what I can gather they have a bigger following in the UK than in the US. The UK tour is stadiums, the US tour is arenas? Apparently, they sold 350000 tickets for these shows in a day!

$_86.JPG

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom