"Brandon Flowers Bans His Kids From Listening To Morrissey's Songs Due To His Racist Views" - Aceshowbiz (April 18, 2020)

Brandon Flowers Bans His Kids From Listening To Morrissey's Songs Due To His Racist Views

Shoplifterromo sends the NME article indicating the original interview from The Times:

Shoplifterromo also sends the link:

Brandon Flowers Admits It’s ‘Difficult’ to Separate Morrissey’s Politics and Music - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, is there an ass out there that Johnny Le Pew Marr won't kiss?
Brandon Flowers has to take up his cause.....what a looooser.

I have no doubt at all that this story is fake news. Brandon adores Morrissey. I'm sure he - like the rest of us - has been listening to the new album and loving it.

Quite the conundrum for UncleSkinny.

FlintShavings and his paltry crew of opinionated malefactors shall have a go on this.

Yeah. Desperately retro-arse covering. Bit gutless. But that's modern fame for you.

The Killers are pushing 3 generations of fans, sell millions of records and PACK stadiums. Melvis has ditched 2 generations for a sack of meme-fed assholes.

There’s no arse-covering here. It’s just basic f***ing facts.

I have no doubt at all that this story is fake news. Brandon adores Morrissey. I'm sure he - like the rest of us - has been listening to the new album and loving it.
Yes, of course that’s what you’d glean from the readily available facts.

I don’t even understand how you can breathe with your head stick so far up Melvis’ asshole. ;)

How interesting. So he won’t encourage his children for supporting far right groups...and why plural? Will he then turn around and encourage his children to listen to Morrissey for supporting far left groups like PETA? So Morrissey is a racist how? So sorry but Morrissey has beliefs that can’t be pigeonholed. We all know Flowers would sell the very children if he could be on stage with Morrissey.
Unfortunately, Morrissey said in an interview that he prefers his own race. As close a definition to racism as you're likely to get. This time he can't blame the publication (his own website) or the journalist (his own nephew).

Unfortunately, Morrissey said in an interview that he prefers his own race. As close a definition to racism as you're likely to get. This time he can't blame the publication (his own website) or the journalist (his own nephew).
That's not his exact quote, he said everyone prefers their own race, which is a pretty accurate statement. Anyone that disagrees go check your facebook, now go to your friends list and calculate the percentage of friends which are your race compared to the percentage that isn't.
See....

Also preferring one thing doesn't mean you have to hate the other thing.

The Killers are pushing 3 generations of fans, sell millions of records and PACK stadiums. Melvis has ditched 2 generations for a sack of meme-fed assholes.

There’s no arse-covering here. It’s just basic f***ing facts.

Except he called him a King having 'forgotten' he was A Terrible Person. So, not so much facts, as terror of being shunned & losing all those packed stadiums by saying what he actually thinks & getting it twisted by the press & a baying mob.

I prefer Moz of Arc.

Preference is not racism. Just because I prefer Vanilla doesn’t mean I think Chocolate holds less value. Don’t be intellectually dishonest kind sir.

Last edited:
That's fairly pathetic. He would help his kids more if he stopped flashing his ultra white dentally augmented teeth in front of them. At least let them wear sunglasses.
Anything after Sam's Town shouldn't be played to anyone. I've never seen such a dramatic nose dive from indie hopefuls to supermarket musak.

What a load of pointless shite. I don't like Brandon flowers anyway so I thought OK a you Moron twat I shan't listen to you, dickhead, but then I thought this is made up story for a grab line. You crack on Brandy you twerp.

He didn't say he preferred his own race - he was having a garbled pop at identity politics, where everyone bangs on about their ethnic group. He was saying he DIDN'T think everything was about race.

20200419_213742.jpg

He didn't say he preferred his own race - he was having a garbled pop at identity politics, where everyone bangs on about their ethnic group. He was saying he DIDN'T think everything was about race.

View attachment 56005
"Ultimately everyone prefers their own race". Was this based on research that he's carried out? Of course not. He's stating that he prefers his own race, and he's (wrongly) assuming everyone else does too.

We listened to a bit of Viva Hate in the car last year at one point and when "Bengali in Platforms" came on, our 11 yr old said "What does he mean by that, that life is hard enough when you belong here?" We ended up having a really interesting chat about different cultures and immigration and why some grown-ups might be scared of people from other parts of the world coming to their country. (The 11 yr old thought that was stupid, to be scared.)

Really? An 11 year old latched onto that bit but had an understanding of the rest of the lyrics?
3EFF4B39-DB88-4A84-89C5-94C9F80F4DB8.gif

"Ultimately everyone prefers their own race". Was this based on research that he's carried out? Of course not. He's stating that he prefers his own race, and he's (wrongly) assuming everyone else does too.

No, he's not. He's relating it to diversity where different groups demand rights based on their shared identity & he's dismissing it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom