Bradley Steyn complaint filed in the Orange County Superior Court (July 29, 2014)

Doing a search on the Orange County Superior Court site ($1) I found the following case:

Case Id: 30-2014-00736735-CU-CO-CJC
Case Title: BRADLEY STEYN VS. STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY
Case Type: CONTRACT - OTHER
Filing Date: 07/29/2014
Category: CIVIL - UNLIMITED

PARTICIPANTS
Name Type Assoc Start Date End Date
2014-15 TOURS DEFENDANT 07/29/2014
BRADLEY STEYN PLAINTIFF 07/29/2014
DAVIDSON & ASSOCIATES, P.L.C. ATTORNEY 07/29/2014
DONALD KNUTSON DEFENDANT 07/29/2014
STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY DEFENDANT 07/29/2014

I went ahead and purchased the documents ($37.50) and am taking a look through them now.

UPDATE:

Download here:
Bradley Steyn complaint (569K PDF)

Media coverage:

Last edited:
^^^^^
Thanks for the insight. And remember, you do have that island in Iceland. :thumb:

F.M.L.

ndqv07.jpg

Lovely Lawyers don't answer the questions. Dude, first thank you for the live stuff. I prefer the "live experience." Studio albums suck.

Now having said that, the questions for us non-lawyers, is can California get him? Is it wise to piss off the judge by not having counsel attend the status conference? Would it matter if this was a criminal case vs. civil case? If it would matter, why would it matter? My understanding is that our judicial system was slightly more advanced and that unlike Joyce, Steyn does not need to have process servers at the side stage door. Am I wrong? David posted the court docket. A few (understatement) media outlets reported the lawsuit...Moz is on factual notice. Or is this all just a game, man?

Every action in the case was initiated or occurred in California. The plaintiff even states as much. They also know where his lawyers are and, with the tour dates, where Morrissey is. If at the end of the tour Morrissey or his lawyers haven't been served, then maybe the court would contemplate proceeding without service but I'm not sure. I've seen cases that have been outstanding for several years where a California plaintiff fails to serve a California defendant. So while possible, personally, I just don't see it happening in the short (1-2 year) term. At least I think that's what you're asking.

Certainly, I've read plenty of times where a case management conference is delayed due to failure to serve defendant.

(God damn I hate having experience this stuff. Life should be full of something more enjoyable.)

First, I appreciate the ability to post Anonymously. Every member of PAWS is willing to testify via affidavits or in open court that they were assaulted and battered by Mr. Knutson on the night Knutson allegedly instructed Steyn to locate and hurt Tseng
oh come on, please, you are trying to tell me that Donnie battered all of you, as i said the day the story broke, Bradley Steyn has NEVER been head of security on any Morrissey tour, he was standing in for Mozs' own personal bodyguard Liam Nammock whose patner was giving birth to their first baby backin Londn, once the baby was born, Liam joined up with Moz in LA because of the stage rush that had occurred and Mr Steyn was asked to stand down.. regards, Manc La

oh come on, please, you are trying to tell me that Donnie battered all of you, as i said the day the story broke, Bradley Steyn has NEVER been head of security on any Morrissey tour, he was standing in for Mozs' own personal bodyguard Liam Nammock whose patner was giving birth to their first baby backin Londn, once the baby was born, Liam joined up with Moz in LA because of the stage rush that had occurred and Mr Steyn was asked to stand down.. regards, Manc La

Manc, shouldn't you go back to stalking Morrissey with the rest of the Blue Rose Society?

3 new documents for those interested following today's conference:

1 is a filing by Steyn that mentions Morrissey has been not been served because he resides outside of the country and the estimated length of trial as 5 days.

Also in the minutes:
"On the Court's own motion:
The Case Management Conference is continued to 01/05/2015 at 08:45 AM in this department for
service to be completed and for answers to be filed."

CASE MANAGEMENT STATEMENT FILED BY STEYN, BRADLEY ON 10/31/2014 (7 pages PDF)
E-FILING TRANSACTION NUMBER 1200377 REJECTED. 11/03/2014 (1 page PDF)
MINUTES FINALIZED FOR CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE 11/03/2014 08:45:00 AM. (1 page PDF)

Has Donnie been spotted all during the current tour? I wonder if he and Morrissey have parted ways.

I don't have any reason to think that, just pondering.

I haven't seen Donnie or Liam on this tour.

Steyn went to Brazil with Moz two years a ago, I've learned. He's not new.

Another court case? Just when we were fortunate enough to have an album with hardly any references to lawyers and judges....

Except for the line " I was sent here by a three foot halfwit in a wig" in Moutjoy.
Gerrit

I can't believe he's going through with this. What a f***en idiot.

nt seen donnie or liam this tour. maybe donnie is not allowed because he is named in the case and he cannot be on the tour? someone had previously mentioned liams wife just had a baby so he is not with morrissey at the moment.

Has Donnie been spotted all during the current tour? I wonder if he and Morrissey have parted ways.

I don't have any reason to think that, just pondering.

nt seen donnie or liam this tour. maybe donnie is not allowed because he is named in the case and he cannot be on the tour? someone had previously mentioned liams wife just had a baby so he is not with morrissey at the moment.
Maybe Liam is hiding in Morrissey's back pocket.

Ahh the violence and bullshit of MEN yes Mozza that includes you!

Am I reading that correctly - that it MUST be heard on the 5th January?

P.

Not necessarily. The case management conference may be continued further particularly if plaintiff continues to be unable to serve process on defendant.

Also, these very early, pre-trial processes like case management conferences don't mean all that much. They're primarily to get the ball rolling: determine if process has been served, establish deadlines for the discovery process, set a trial date, etc. And even then, such dates can and will frequently be extended for one reason or another.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom