Bradley Steyn complaint filed in the Orange County Superior Court (July 29, 2014)

Doing a search on the Orange County Superior Court site ($1) I found the following case:

Case Id: 30-2014-00736735-CU-CO-CJC
Case Title: BRADLEY STEYN VS. STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY
Case Type: CONTRACT - OTHER
Filing Date: 07/29/2014
Category: CIVIL - UNLIMITED

PARTICIPANTS
Name Type Assoc Start Date End Date
2014-15 TOURS DEFENDANT 07/29/2014
BRADLEY STEYN PLAINTIFF 07/29/2014
DAVIDSON & ASSOCIATES, P.L.C. ATTORNEY 07/29/2014
DONALD KNUTSON DEFENDANT 07/29/2014
STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY DEFENDANT 07/29/2014

I went ahead and purchased the documents ($37.50) and am taking a look through them now.

UPDATE:

Download here:
Bradley Steyn complaint (569K PDF)

Media coverage:

Last edited:
Has Morrissey ever considered becoming a reality TV star because this is pure comedy gold. Oh wait sorry I don't want to be the bane of Morrissey's existence for suggesting career moves.

well there you have it, not a cat in hells chance, told you he was never head of security

And that is why we need to kill all the lawyers first....can I say that?

Let's not kill aldebaron.. he wrote the best post in this entire thread.

I love how they're quoting tmz in court documents as if it's a legitimate news source.

They are legitimate and they are just as good as Fox or CNN or The New York Times at getting about 25% of the facts wrong. They are just sleazy and only report on celebrities.

There's an interesting photo update on Brad's FB page. Heavy on the dead animal/meat angle.

P.
What an a**hole but I have to admit it's funny in a really sick way as a response to that weird TTY post about his online ID (I would normally cringe at a roasted animal).

Will someone please email or Skype Donnie and ask for the inside scoop on the "2014-2015 Tours"

Also, I love the little quip that TMZ made here: "CHAOS at the Morrissey concert last night ... (yeah, you
read that right
) ... when the singer was attacked by a fan in themiddle of a song....."

Typical Morrissey stereotype stuff. The writer probably has no idea how intense his concerts are and thinks Moz shows are polite, sad affairs full of wallflowers.

Last edited:
I was unaware that the tour had a name until now.

“Morrissey Amer-I-Ca Tour 2014”

Another court case? Just when we were fortunate enough to have an album with hardly any references to lawyers and judges....

George that was very clever, but so very true. Now If morrissey can find a way to get vexatious in a song next album, gosh that will be hard to rhyme in but I've got faith in the moz.

George that was very clever, but so very true. Now If morrissey can find a way to get vexatious in a song next album, gosh that will be hard to rhyme in but I've got faith in the moz.

Thankyou. I wouldn't worry too much about that, this is after all the man who managed to use "vestibule" as a rhyme in an (albeit unreleased) song.

Last edited:
That's right about the 30 days to respond - this is the summons document (827K PDF).

This complaint is poorly written, loaded with bad grammar and punctuation but more importantly refers to terms and conditions of an "Agreement" that isn't defined. Is the email supposed to be that? If so, it should say "this email served as the Agreement", but nothing here does. May be a fine technicality. By law Moz has to respond through an Answer within 30 days in CA I think so stay tuned...he can use that document to also file a counter complaint.

There's an interesting photo update on Brad's FB page. Heavy on the dead animal/meat angle.

P.

That is interesting. What do you think the chances are that Steyn showed up for work one evening reeking of roasted meat, and that Moz had Donnie show him the door? Steyn, feeling wronged and annoyed that he missed out on the other job, concocts this story about David to try to recoup his losses. Yes I know I just made all of that up, but still doesn't it seem much more likely than the idea of Morrissey sitting around with hired muscle planning how David "could get hurt"? Moz has a long history of arbitrarily dismissing people who work for him. He doesn't have any history of having those who annoy him physically harmed, just of running his mouth.

I guess some people don't like to admit they are flat out wrong, especially after they were so insistent on how right they were.

There is no lawsuit. There never was a lawsuit. There never will be lawsuit (unless Morrissey sues Bradley or David).

Interesting. No idea how this will play out, but interesting. So, wonder what Multi thinks about the very existence of this?

P.

Last edited:
That is interesting. What do you think the chances are that Steyn showed up for work one evening reeking of roasted meat, and that Moz had Donnie show him the door? Steyn, feeling wronged and annoyed that he missed out on the other job, concocts this story about David to try to recoup his losses. Yes I know I just made all of that up, but still doesn't it seem much more likely than the idea of Morrissey sitting around with hired muscle planning how David "could get hurt"? Moz has a long history of arbitrarily dismissing people who work for him. He doesn't have any history of having those who annoy him physically harmed, just of running his mouth.

This. Morrissey's lawyer could probably generate a list 50 pages long of people who were dismissed for arbitrary reasons ranging from shirt color to amount of eye contact given.

He "reeked of roasted meat"??
Do you think he rubs the meat all over his face and body before eating it and doesn't bother to shower before going to a gig by a world famous vegetarian?
If that's going to be Morrissey's defense I think he should reconsider...

What a lawyer told me after I gave him the complaint:

The third and fourth causes of action are baseless. Half of the allegations are inadmissible. THere’s no evidentiary support that rises above mere speculation, label, and conclusions. I bet if I threw a Rule 11 at OPC he’d drop the 3rd and 4th counts.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom