Bradley Steyn complaint filed in the Orange County Superior Court (July 29, 2014)

Doing a search on the Orange County Superior Court site ($1) I found the following case:

Case Id: 30-2014-00736735-CU-CO-CJC
Case Title: BRADLEY STEYN VS. STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY
Case Type: CONTRACT - OTHER
Filing Date: 07/29/2014
Category: CIVIL - UNLIMITED

PARTICIPANTS
Name Type Assoc Start Date End Date
2014-15 TOURS DEFENDANT 07/29/2014
BRADLEY STEYN PLAINTIFF 07/29/2014
DAVIDSON & ASSOCIATES, P.L.C. ATTORNEY 07/29/2014
DONALD KNUTSON DEFENDANT 07/29/2014
STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY DEFENDANT 07/29/2014

I went ahead and purchased the documents ($37.50) and am taking a look through them now.

UPDATE:

Download here:
Bradley Steyn complaint (569K PDF)

Media coverage:

Last edited:
"thirteen inebriated fans rushed the stage and made physical contact with the artist who was forced to leave the stage due to lack of security"

ha. I counted eight?

one of them was my 14 year old daughter, who, I can assure you, was not inebriated.

this should be interesting

I love how he was "begged" to work for them.

Nothing new here......Morrissey said that LAPD had the bodyguard's statement...

Again....let the legal process unfold without the hysteria.......

OK, I read the whole thing, no surprises. Two questions, the latter of which is rhetorical:

1. Is Steyn's demand here basically $553,350? That seems like such a small amount, but I don't know how to interpret that part of the document.

2. Why didn't Steyn contact the police if he believed Donnie and/or Morrissey were trying to contract a hit?

One thing to remember is that just because it's in this document doesn't make it true. I've had to deal with a vexatious litigant over the last 4 or 5 years. Very little of what that person puts into their filing documents is true. Also, the legal/criminal implication of putting in the false information appears to be zero. Courts and police tend to not want to scare people off from coming to them so things like going to jail for filing a false police report or court case don't really happen except on TV.

Thanks for posting, David. I'm sorry you're even mentioned in this frivolous lawsuit. It seems convenient that no details were included about the "poolside firing"...

I seriously don't picture Morrissey saying Tseng is the "bane of my existence." :lbf: Did he have the back of his hand pressed to his forehead with closed eyes lounging akimbo on a divan while he said it?

Interesting reading.
I'm not too up on American law, but as David is mentioned in it and a jury trial is being 'demanded' (I assume to encourage an out of court settlement) - won't David be subpoenaed?
Well, I wouldn't of believed it until I saw it.
Do the new tour cities have good extradition treaties?
:) FWD

This is a storm in a tea cup. David T can try and milk it (and publicise it widely) but it amounts to nothing more than a banal civil law suit by a clearly disgruntled (and more than slightly grandiose) former employee. Most of us are bored by the story now. I know it's hard, David T, but get over it and move on with your life...

One thing to remember is that just because it's in this document doesn't make it true. I've had to deal with a vexatious litigant over the last 4 or 5 years. Very little of what that person puts into their filing documents is true. Also, the legal/criminal implication of putting in the false information appears to be zero. Courts and police tend to not want to scare people off from coming to them so things like going to jail for filing a false police report or court case don't really happen except on TV.

Thank you for pointing that out. I fully admit that I attended law school at the Dick Wolf Academy, and I needed the reminder.

Thanks for posting, David. I'm sorry you're even mentioned in this frivolous lawsuit. It seems convenient that no details were included about the "poolside firing"...

I was curious about that as well, considering that conversation would seem to be at the crux of the entire case! I have no idea how specific these sorts of statements usually are, though.

OK, I read the whole thing, no surprises. Two questions, the latter of which is rhetorical:

1. Is Steyn's demand here basically $553,350? That seems like such a small amount, but I don't know how to interpret that part of the document.

yah he's asking for at least $25k for each "wrong" supposedly done to him and then to "punish" morrissey he wants at least $240k

This is a storm in a tea cup. David T can try and milk it (and publicise it widely) but it amounts to nothing more than a banal civil law suit by a clearly disgruntled (and more than slightly grandiose) former employee. Most of us are bored by the story now. I know it's hard, David T, but get over it and move on with your life...

I for one am interested because this might mean another court case for Morrissey. I can't see him wanting to settle over this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom