Bradford Interview with some Moz content

and a new Album early 2021

Excerpt:

Back to questionable right-wing sentiments though, and I have to ask about your old pal Morrissey. I imagine it was quite a rush initially to get that plug from him though, in turn offering a tour support.

Ian: “Yes, we played Wolverhampton Civic Hall, his first solo gig, where we first met him, becoming friends. He’d come round my house quite a lot, send postcards, ring me on a fairly regular basis, and yeah … a really fantastic, highly intelligent icon.

“Recently, I think he’s fallen off the perch a little, perhaps, but in a way, he’s doing what he’s always done – for good or ill, speaking his mind, I suppose.”

We’ve had this again recently, John Lydon photographed backing Brexit and Trump. All a bit odd, and disappointing. But because it’s Lydon, you think, does he really believe this, or is it just situationism and provocation nonsense, making you question everything?

Ian: “Yeah, like is it an artist statement and being post-modernist ironic? Ha!”

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gordyboy, are you on your way to Carlisle today to watch the rangers Celtic game??? I heard a few reports that many Scottish people are coming down today , bus loads apparently... I was on the lash last Saturday in the city centre and it was full of Scott s...
I’m trusting you’re wearing your hoops CazBaz.

I see what you mean & sorry - but if the myths about him are left unchallenged it'll become his biography & the lens they judge his work through.

So it's worth digging up the evidence.
Do you really think Morrissey is dwelling on this crap? He can block out the present and the past now, you know.

Do you really think Morrissey is dwelling on this crap? He can block out the present and the past now, you know.

I hope he's fine - but that's not the point.

His public image is out there whether he's alive or dead, happy or sad & I think his work deserves better than the monstering he's getting.

I hope he's fine - but that's not the point.

His public image is out there whether he's alive or dead, happy or sad & I think his work deserves better than the monstering he's getting.
And what is it you think you're achieving? Morrissey's music is timeless and the fans know that, morons on antisocial media will NEVER change that. I can't reiterate enough, ignore 'shitter & arsebook'....they are NOT the real World.

And what is it you think you're achieving? Morrissey's music is timeless and the fans know that, morons on antisocial media will NEVER change that. I can't reiterate enough, ignore 'shitter & arsebook'....they are NOT the real World.
Morrissey released an album this year. I understand the first week UK sales were in the region of only 7000 copies.

It had next to no radio plays, yet the release is amongst his best studio efforts.

Earlier this year, I saw him at Wembley and I would say the venue was half empty.

My son came home from school sometime last year and informed me ‘Morrissey is racist‘. But he had no idea why, but ‘knew’ it had something to do with Brexit.

The shit is starting to stick. And in the midst of it all his record deal has just expired.

If fans don’t leap to his defence now, providing missing background and context, they might as well shut up forever.

I'm thinking of his place in the wider culture - even a post on an obscure website can ripple out.

Morrissey released an album this year. I understand the first week UK sales were in the region of only 7000 copies.

It had next to no radio plays, yet the release is amongst his best studio efforts.

Earlier this year, I saw him at Wembley and I would say the venue was half empty.

My son came home from school sometime last year and informed me ‘Morrissey is racist‘. But he had no idea why, but ‘knew’ it had something to do with Brexit.

The shit is starting to stick. And in the midst of it all his record deal has just expired.

If fans don’t leap to his defence now, providing missing background and context, they might as well shut up forever.
I think you're missing my point, there are fans dragging this baggage all over the internet wherever they go and not having the sense to just shut it and not join in. Put it like this, have you ever won an argument with a drunk? Answer will be no and it's the same on the internet, you'll never win an argument with a stranger online. Nerak seems as bad as the bullshit brigade because she keeps bringing up a story from three years ago wherever she goes, she should leave it and support Moz in a more positive way because all you lot are doing is going round in circles.
I was at Wembley and Leeds for that matter and both gigs were great so f..k the stayaways, we don't want them back!

I should add that I don't understand the bit about your son being at all relevant to any point you're trying to make.

I think you're missing my point, there are fans dragging this baggage all over the internet wherever they go and not having the sense to just shut it and not join in. Put it like this, have you ever won an argument with a drunk? Answer will be no and it's the same on the internet, you'll never win an argument with a stranger online. Nerak seems as bad as the bullshit brigade because she keeps bringing up a story from three years ago wherever she goes, she should leave it and support Moz in a more positive way because all you lot are doing is going round in circles.
I was at Wembley and Leeds for that matter and both gigs were great so f..k the stayaways, we don't want them back!
I disagree. I think Morrissey wants to play full arenas—and that means being perceived positively in the eyes of casual listeners.

Nevertheless, I like the cut of your jib.

I disagree. I think Morrissey wants to play full arenas—and that means being perceived positively in the eyes of casual listeners.

Nevertheless, I like the cut of your jib.
Cheers Hovis 👍 Yeah full venues has to be the target for every gig and when it happens it is fantastic to see so many backing Morrissey, thing is when Wembley wasn't full I never felt it was in any way detrimental to the gig.
If he decided to play in theatre venues instead of Arenas I'd like to think he could sell out that type of UK tour again when the boffins defeat the virus.

I'm thinking of his place in the wider culture - even a post on an obscure website can ripple out.
Are you hoping that Morrissey will see all your many posts you post on here day and night? Morrissey will say "Well done Nerak" or whatever you real name is and offer you a job in his Public Relations (PR) team and help him with his social media and website. Or are you hoping to become friends with Morrissey?

The only thing that will counter the negative myth about him is to prove that it's wrong.

Then replace it with a more accurate & more compelling story.

The only thing that will counter the negative myth about him is to prove that it's wrong.

Then replace it with a more accurate & more compelling story.
Yes, but dont be the one to constantly bring up the negative myth whenever Morrissey's name is mentioned. If someone else brings it up just shut it down with a 'don't believe everything you read or hear' type of response, that should be good enough, it works for me anyways.

That's a paraphrase - so a good lawyer could get you in trouble for it. 🧐
“You can’t help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies”.

Fixed.

Now, fak arf back up your hole, Karen.

Are you hoping that Morrissey will see all your many posts you post on here day and night? Morrissey will say "Well done Nerak" or whatever you real name is and offer you a job in his Public Relations (PR) team and help him with his social media and website. Or are you hoping to become friends with Morrissey?

Neither.

I'm putting ideas out so they can be picked up by anyone who is researching him or looking for something else & finds it by accident. Little things can make a difference.

Plus this is the best place to test arguments to see if they're sound.

“You can’t help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies”.

Fixed.

Now, fak arf back up your hole, Karen.

It also needs context.

And you've included it in an abusive post - so still you.

Yes, but dont be the one to constantly bring up the negative myth whenever Morrissey's name is mentioned. If someone else brings it up just shut it down with a 'don't believe everything you read or hear' type of response, that should be good enough, it works for me anyways.

Yes - but I want to change what they read & hear - which means making enough people in the media aware that it's not true.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom