boz tour diary's been updated

A

anonymous

www.bozboorer.com

November 9th - hi
Many apologies for being so lax with the diary!
It was hard to get on line in south america...,
So after the Chicago show we drove up to Milwaukee and the show was good. Had a drink after with some nice folks, one of which had my signiture tattooed on her arm. Also memorable for the Red Sox turning around! Then we drove to Detroit for a show and then on to Nashville. The show was at the famous Ryman Auditorium, steeped in country history, a lovely venue, and an honour to play there. Afterwards we ended up in Leyla's bar the blugrass in where me, Eddie Angel , Gaz and young John Baldwin played a half hour rockabilly set. Even Charlie Browne got up and sang a number! Then we drove overnight to Louisville Kentucky, home of the boxer Mohamed Ali. We had a good show at Tyhe palace Theatre, then we drove to Atlanta - we had a day off and spent the evening at Smith's olde Bar playing pool all night, nice to see Strop and his family there, and Sylvain Sylvain came along too. After a long drive we got to Miami, another day off. Had a few drinks with Tom and Joe, then 2 shows at the Jackie Gleason Theatre. Instead of driving to Fort Worth texas, I hopped on a plane the next day and flew where my good buddy Huelyn Duvall picked me up. I spent all day with him , a very pleasurable day off indeed. I managed to lose my glasses at the Fort Worth show and Huelyn informed me he played there in 1958 with eddie cochran!
cheers
b

Back
Top Bottom