Boz Boorer video interview 2016 (life on the road, teaching IBEH, pedals) - Roland UK

Boz Boorer - Life on the road with Morrissey - Roland UK / YouTube
After 25 years in Morrissey’s solo band, Boz Boorer has seen it all. Now, the rockabilly ace opens up on songwriting, pedal-hoarding, guitar maintenance – and his bad habits on the road.

Boz Boorer teaches Morrissey’s Irish Blood, English Heart - Roland UK / YouTube
As Morrissey’s guitarist since 1991, Boz Boorer has played on all the singer’s greatest solo hits. Now’s your chance to learn one of the best, as Boz gives us a video walkthrough of Irish Blood, English Heart.

Boz Boorer on the Boss pedals in his setlist - Roland UK / YouTube
Boz Boorer’s pedalboard takes some beating. In this exclusive video interview, the rockabilly kingpin and long-standing Morrissey wingman reveals how he uses his BOSS lineup on classic songs like Meat Is Murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good videos! Some of the riffs Boz plays during his teaching of Irish Blood sound like good songs on their own. Man I miss the days of Alain and Boz both making music with Moz. Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, and Quarry will never be equalled.
Next up: a video by Moz explaining how he writes lyrics and decides on the vocal melodies.

I would love this. A video of Morrissey of normal questions by his fans. He gets asked weird questions. Sammy make it happen boy Friday.

good stuff fom bozz wish mozz would do something similar in a nice and relaxed atmosphere.

good stuff fom bozz wish mozz would do something similar in a nice and relaxed atmosphere.

I know he likes his distance but a morrissey podcast leading up to a new album where he talks about it's influences and alludes to song meanings anecdotes would be great and a way for him to just talk about what he wants to instead of waiting for interviewers to ask decent questions. It would be good promo

This is fantastic! Especially the IBEH riff demo. IBEH has always had a bit of a James Bond theme sound to it and it's even more obvious to me hearing the guitar isolated. Maybe it's just me though.

Very good videos! Some of the riffs Boz plays during his teaching of Irish Blood sound like good songs on their own. Man I miss the days of Alain and Boz both making music with Moz. Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, and Quarry will never be equalled.
Next up: a video by Moz explaining how he writes lyrics and decides on the vocal melodies.
If only but sadly that will never see the light of day but i love your optimism/sarcasm :)

Actually, he plays 3 Morrissey songs in the videos - Irish Blood, Alma Matters, and Certain People I Know, and they are all Whyte compositions I think?

Isn't possible he just has chosen the songs that he liked to show cause he thought they would be instructive and at that moment just liked to do? I mean, you could also see it as some sort of backhanded gesture of appreciation to Alain White? I know there was some rivalry but as far as I know they were friends and playing in the same band before they met Moz? Or am I mistaken ?

The fact that he used songs from other people he played with for such a long time says only the best about Boz Boorer. :thumb:

There are always posts here about how lucky Moz was to meet Johnny Marr and after that how lucky he was to meet Alain White, but I rarely see posts about how lucky Moz was to meet Boz Boorer.

And he has stayed with him all those years.
He is a great guitarist and a great multi instrumentalist. And very down to earth and likeable. I think he is very funny too.

I know for sure Moz values him very, very much. He is the right musical sparring partner for Moz.

He is a professional and I liked his advise for beginning guitarists to try to play as much different music styles as possible.
Boy, that Gretch guitar, f***ing beautiful and f***ing beautiful sound too. You need that maybe more so than all pedals that are buyable! ;)

Really enjoyed this. As great as Morrissey is , I always want to hear more from the band members. A similar series of videos with Jesse discussing songwriting and kit would be equally watchable ...

Really enjoyed this. As great as Morrissey is , I always want to hear more from the band members. A similar series of videos with Jesse discussing songwriting and kit would be equally watchable ...
I'd say Jesse would jump at the chance. I was at a Moz concert in Dublin for the Swords tour and as the band left the stage at the end everyone was calling for Moz. I decided to shout 'Jesse!' instead and Jesse slowed down and looked at me and smiled. He seemed genuinely happy that someone had called out for him. This was around the time when everyone was complaining that he is too heavy handed on guitar so maybe he was happy for anyone to acknowledge him, I dunno. I thought it was funny. So I'd say he'd love a bit of limelight on a video all by himself. That said, I don't know if he'd be as interesting as Boz. Maybe Jesse could show us how to create some Johnny Marr riffs :)

He has been with Morrissey for so many years, playing guitar that is. I would imagine Morrissey trusts Boz 100%, could never imagine him leaving the band. In Autobiography it does mention friction between Alain & Boz which possibly resulted in Alain leaving the band? Overall I think Boz knows that it is a privilege to be part of Morrissey's band, were others thought they were equal or maybe superior. I like Boz Boorer

first, I'm sure Moz and Boz both appreciate their mutual loyalties toward each other(thank god for all of us). But I also think Boz is smart enough to know a good thing when he sees it and knows enough (unlike others) to not bite that hand that feeds.

But I also support those who refused to put up with M's curious shenanigans and left to strike out on their own, even if they did not get very far.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed these two videos. Like many on here, I have had the pleasure of meeting Boz and he is a polite and charming bloke. He's written some of my favourite Morrissey tunes, so I've a lot of time for him.

I don't play guitar but he made IBEH look like a piece of piss.

Crykey! I reckon Boz has more little boxes for his guitar than that Brit Whales guitarist Dave Evans who plays in that "Irish Catholic" band U2.

Boz is the best.. he always seems like he has 0 ego and is just happy to be on stage touring in a successful band

He got a great ovation at the 2 shows I recently saw and it made me feel good

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom