Boz Boorer Tour Diary Update

M

Maladjustedx

December 8th - Lyn's diary:
My trip started in Houston & ended back in L.A. via Chile & Argentina.

To get to Argentina from Chile we flew over the Andes, these mountains are amazing. I only have a cheesy picture I took from the plane & it does no justice but I'll put it in so you can get a rough idea. The landscape changes really quickly from fantastic mountains into flat green fields.

It was a reasonable journey & everyone was in pretty good shape when we arrived, there seemed to be a lot of poverty (very poor housing) and of course tons of football pitches!

The first night Boz & I had a quiet dinner & a few glasses of wine, an early night for the Boorers.
Next day was the show day, again in a massive kind of field, not as cold as Chile but still on the cool side.
As we entered the dressing rooms we saw Debbie Harry & her band standing ready to go up to the stage area, Boz & myself walked up to the side of the stage and watched nearly all of their show. Both of us had seen her in the late '70's, she still has it, I enjoyed it, even if it was a little bit "disco" for my personal taste.
I have a couple of photos (Gaz took these).

Eventually Moz & the boys took to the stage (nearly an hour late, due to no fault of theirs).The sound was a bit all over the place on stage, I think the equipment was a little bit on the old side. They soldiered on bravely & the crowd didn't seem to notice or care, they loved it, so another night was successfully laid to rest.......
Somewhere in the time we were down there Boz managed to go to a record show, I hung out with Deano by the pool..... It's all a bit of a blur to be honest, so I'll pass on this day!! HA HA......

Now for the dreaded flight back to Miami & then on to L.A. You don't even want to know how bad that was........around 20 hours all in.

L.A the boys had to get right back into it, days rest & the Jesus video was shot, it looked great, Mozsignor & the hang-over boys.
That evening was spent in a pub with all the lads, crew and a bunch of our mates (Larry, Dean (Kid Rocker) Alex, and sorry if I forgotten anyone I can't remember anymore (another one of those nights) I've put one photo of us lot back at the hotel, the rest are too messy, Ha Ha......

The 1st night of the Universal shows in L.A I was sick, I got flu & spent 2 days in bed, I did not want to go near Moz or any of the boys in case they got sick. Boz was OK, he is immune to my germs!!
2nd night I went to the show still feeling a bad. I couldn't miss it, I was going home the next day.
Ginge picked me up & drove me to the venue.

We watched Nancy Sinatra from the front & I was thrilled to see our old friend Danny Harvey playing guitar for her. Boz & myself hung out with Danny in 1981 when we first came out to Hollywood. I had a good chat and a few drinks with him, great guy.
We had the Oasis boys down for the show that night, I had met N. before & have been mates with Gem for years but hadn't met Liam, I have to say what a cool guy, spoke only for a bit but he said he loved the show & all those guys were gentlemen, it was a pleasure to have them there.

To those of you who were at either of the shows will know what I mean when I say they blew everyone away.
I have seen a lot of Morrissey shows over the past 14 years, this was up with best of em!!

After the show we went down to Larry's underground club, my mate Nicole from S.Fran was there and we had a right laugh, Ruth & gang, thanks for the chat, great way to end a fantastic night.

Next day everyone left around 10am & I was on my own to reflect on the past 17 days........ What a trip!!

Then Larry came & took me out to lunch for Mexican & Negro Modelo beer, dropped me at LAX & before I knew I was back in Blighty with my lovely girls waiting for my old man to come home!!

Frank Skinner bring it on,

cheers Lyn Boorer...........

Re: Lyn, get yourself a bigger camera love. Photos too small !!

NegrA Modelo

and as the name implies, it's more of an ale than Corona

Re: But it says "CLICK FOR LARGE VIEW" so you might aswell do that

Back
Top Bottom